What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis Could Be Charged

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Sure it may get your team ahead, and open an oppurtunity to score and take the match, but can you honestly tell me that you would be 100% happy if the Eels won a Grand Final game on the back of one of these antics?

That's not sport.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sure it may get your team ahead, and open an oppurtunity to score and take the match, but can you honestly tell me that you would be 100% happy if the Eels won a Grand Final game on the back of one of these antics?

That's not sport.

Well, as a fan, I dont condone it and wish it wouldnt happen. But if I was a halfback, just got through defending 3 sets on my own line and then one of my team mates took a dive, got us a penalty which gives my forwards a rest and the chance to put some points on, I wouldnt give a damn what the penalty is for or how we got it, id just be glad we got it.

Stealing penalties happens all the time whether it be running at an offside player, holding a defender on you or more recently letting go of the ball when being tackled knowing that the Video Ref will check it for a strip.

in response to your question, would I feel good if Parra won a comp with one of those antics? no, not in a million years.

P.S Thank you for being civilised and actually consider that I might have something relevant to say unlike other people on here who got their panties in a bunch.

Mr Saab

Referee

That's not sport.

Parra fans will take it any way they f**king get it...thing is they will never get a f**king GF win with 2 spastics named Finch and Smith

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
There's a difference between "milking" and "diving", and I think you may be mistaking one for gamesmanship. "Milking" like when Steve Price "fell over" after Luke Bailey grabbed his leg after a tackle in SOO last year is gamesmanship. Faking an injury or pretending to be hurt when you are not is not gamesmanship, and should never be considered so.

You can't seriously be comparing running at an offside player to taking a dive?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Parra fans will take it any way they f**king get it...thing is they will never get a f**king GF win with 2 spastics named Finch and Smith

I did consider that when posing the question, I guess we'll just have to store that one away as a hypothetical.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
There's a difference between "milking" and "diving", and I think you may be mistaking one for gamesmanship. "Milking" like when Steve Price "fell over" after Luke Bailey grabbed his leg after a tackle in SOO last year is gamesmanship. Faking an injury or pretending to be hurt when you are not is not gamesmanship, and should never be considered so.

You can't seriously be comparing running at an offside player to taking a dive?

When it comes to getting your team an advantage, there is no difference in diving and running at an offside player or gamesmanship. Diving gets so much scrutiny because it can lead to the defender being charged at the judicary. Its not that much more dishonest then holding a defender down.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Faking injury is NOT what this game is about.

100 years ago, a Union player defected to League and gave the game its popularity it has today. Today, we complain when someone from League defects to Union. It is part of the game and we all wish it wasnt when the foundation of the game in Australia was based on it.

Paullyboy

Coach
That has absolutely no relevance to your original foolish comment where you have condoned diving

lotti

Bench
nothing about Ennis in the charges Blair's there he's charged with grade 1 contary conduct and will escape suspension with an early plea.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
That has absolutely no relevance to your original foolish comment where you have condoned diving

You must have missed the quote that I had above what I said.

If you have a look back and actually read what I wrote, I said that I dont condone it, all Im saying is that it happens and people are only recently getting shocked because a few idiots get caught doing it.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
100 years ago, a Union player defected to League and gave the game its popularity it has today. Today, we complain when someone from League defects to Union. It is part of the game and we all wish it wasnt when the foundation of the game in Australia was based on it.

Can you explain it for me then? You were responding to a statement about diving with a puzzling analogy about players defecting between codes.

Can you be more abstract?

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Can you explain it for me then? You were responding to a statement about diving with a puzzling analogy about players defecting between codes.

Can you be more abstract?

You said that faking an injury is not what this game is about. People are also sold on that League is a game based on team loyalty but the game was kick started because a Union player defected to League. Its IN the game.

I agree, the game is not about faking an injury, wrestling in a tackle, not feeding the ball properly in a scrum, raking the ball, etc, but it is IN the game because the players are willing to do anything to win. Any player that didnt have that attitude would not make it in first grade.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You said that faking an injury is not what this game is about. People are also sold on that League is a game based on team loyalty but the game was kick started because a Union player defected to League. Its IN the game.

I agree, the game is not about faking an injury, wrestling in a tackle, not feeding the ball properly in a scrum, raking the ball, etc, but it is IN the game because the players are willing to do anything to win. Any player that didnt have that attitude would not make it in first grade.

A more obscure link between two topics I'm sure we could never find.

Again, you are grouping gamesmanship with faking injury. There is a pretty clear line between what is crafty gamesmanship and what is soft diving. I don't think it's hard to differentiate the two.

Mr Saab

Referee

League is about all of those things except for faking injury. People that do so are f**king soft c**ks with which the game can do without.