What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis the pundit

Chimp

Bench
Not sure if this has been discussed anywhere, but interested to hear what people have made of Ennis in the commentary box and on the Fox League shows.
My thoughts are that he's been a breath of fresh air. Intelligent, great knowledge of the game, prepared to speak honestly about poor performers - even in front of their team mates (was very critical of the Roosters pack and Jake Friend when talking to Cronk) and generally quite entertaining. One of the best on Fox at the moment for me.

On a separate note - I've not a clue how Brett Finch keeps getting a start on various media channels. All he has is jokes about how crap/unproffessional he was as a player - he's definitely got friends in high places.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ennis has been great. Finch and Roach disasters. Leave finch on the stupid professors show where he belongs and put blocker out to pasture, the man can’t open his mouth without SHOUTING!

footy75

Bench
yep,agreed.... like listening to Ennis...good footy brain and articulate, Cronk also.

Lambretta

First Grade
I love Mick Ennis, he is naturally quick witted and has a wonderful understanding of the game

I don't mind Blocker. He is the drunk version of me. I am all for giving employment opportunities to people with limited mental capacities. After all, it gives me hope that my impending Alzheimer's won't render me incapable of working. You leave him alone

Vee

First Grade
Can't get past Anus' past as a serial pest and making excuses for same to listen to what he has to say.

taipan

Referee
Ennis former Cronulla player, smart commentator and quick thinker ,not afraid to say his piece.Please repeat that after me.;)

Rocket's tache

Juniors
I agree that Ennis is a smart operator and that Finch is just a joke.

His performance on the sideline at Gosford today summer him up, endlessly joking about nightclubbing etc. Definitely has friends in high places because he offers NOTHING.

Similarly, Kevin Walters comes across as a rugby league imbecile - 'Hampton is a very fine player' - and not an Origin coach.

Scott

Bench
Nailed his former club the Bulldogs last night on Big League Wrap.
Spoke alot of common sense.

Quite like Ennis and his no bullshit style. Don't agree with everything he says but like the fact he doesn't sugarcoat it.