What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis to return to Sharks in 2017

Frenzy.

Immortal
here

"Grand final hero Michael Ennis will return to Cronulla next NRL season in an advisory role to help nurse the club's next generation of hookers."

Great to hear.

I'd also love to see Luke Lewis get a job mentoring the younger guys too when he retires.

He's a class act.

Frenzy.

Immortal
They should all be kept around as long as possible. This is Queensland type culture. Storm type culture. Keep the legends around and active and grow this new winning culture

Quigs

Immortal
You keep these guys around as they peg off their careers and the thousands of youngens that became involved in the club over the last few years will always remember them. Keep the memory alive. Put them on wages and send them out to schools and junior league clubs.

Lyle will have this under control I'd say.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You keep these guys around as they peg off their careers and the thousands of youngens that became involved in the club over the last few years will always remember them. Keep the memory alive. Put them on wages and send them out to schools and junior league clubs.

Lyle will have this under control I'd say.

Short little interview with Lyall on FOX sports website. Says 50 years worth in 30 seconds.

Weaponhead

Coach
Short little interview with Lyall on FOX sports website. Says 50 years worth in 30 seconds.
Really good stuff from Lyall.

Good to see Ennis involved. He played for 5 clubs but us a Shark. Good to see John Morris being developed. The bloke has a Masters in coaching which no one else in the game has plus being a long standing elite player.

As Lyall says, the club has to keep raising the bar. This generation of supporters should expect the success that we had to wait decades for.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Seeing Ennis on Sunday night in the wee small hours, you would have thunk he played with us his whole career. Best option for him, top player but going out like this is only something so many players get

Chimp

Bench
Yes it's funny how you start signing winners like Lyall and Maloney and success comes your way.

Champion people win Premierships!

Absolutely. The thing I really like about Lyall is he's completely bought into how the club should be a 'community'. Players are allowed to have a personality, we've plenty of blokes with that 'tradesman'/'blue collar' attitude, so fans can relate to them, and the players and staff, including Lyall are just a part of the community - They're not above the fans, they've just got a different role.
Hopefully we can go on to build a dynasty around this team.
The position the Sharkies are in now very much reminds me of how Leeds Rhinos were in 2004. A team full of youth who came though together, supplemented and lead by a few old heads - Leeds managed to turn that into over a decade of success.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Lyall crowdsurfed in Northies last night.

He did a shoe-y on national TV at 8 in the morning, after being at the club until 4am.

The man has been sleeping in his office since Saturday night. What an absolute legend.
Can confirm that Lyall crowdsurfed at Northies last night but slightly embarrassed to confirm that I went the grope when he came my way!