What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis

I'm trying to enjoy what's left of the season. I watched most of last night's Bulldogs v Souffs game and really enjoyed the work of Michael Ennis. The man is a comic genius. Can't wait to see him in Sharks colours. Anyone else have any comments ?

azzah72

Bench
I'm trying to enjoy what's left of the season. I watched most of last night's Bulldogs v Souffs game and really enjoyed the work of Michael Ennis. The man is a comic genius. Can't wait to see him in Sharks colours. Anyone else have any comments ?

"I didn't swear, I said it was bullshit"

taipan

Referee
If the guy gets rid of his penalty creating ,game stuffing niggling crap,he might be a welcome addition to the Shark's ranks.

Jono Russell

Bench
His niggle has an upside as well as a downside. Yeah it creates penalties but it also gets under his opponents skin. His great at the mind games. It works a lot for the dogs. It worked to a degree last night as well Souths just out classed them in the end.

Ennis is also a good leader for when gal and co are out half the season.

Card Shark

Immortal
Was gunna start a thread about him last night.

Cracked up at the start of the game when he ran out with his kids through the banner.

Just before, he passed what looked like a baby to his wife - probably was a doll judging by it being a casual handoff.

Showed some good skills - lucky she didnt knock it on if it was a real baby.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was gunna start a thread about him last night.

Cracked up at the start of the game when he ran out with his kids through the banner.

Just before, he passed what looked like a baby to his wife - probably was a doll judging by it being a casual handoff.

Showed some good skills - lucky she didnt knock it on if it was a real baby.
Any chance she can replace Mungo Wright?

His niggle has an upside as well as a downside. Yeah it creates penalties but it also gets under his opponents skin. His great at the mind games. It works a lot for the dogs. It worked to a degree last night as well Souths just out classed them in the end.

Ennis is also a good leader for when gal and co are out half the season.

I thought he was much like Moe from the 3 Stooges. Great mind games and great entertainment.

And I thought Souffs were lucky due to some stupid mistakes made by some of the other Dogs, like Hodgkinson's kicking game and some bad droppsies in their own quarter.

Since 73

First Grade
I like him.

But riled Reynolds enough to lift his game - rather than put him off it.

We dont have the squad to be rattling opposition bars enough that they want to bury us.

Everyone hates him and us. Perfect fit.

cb4

First Grade
What can you say about the player? You hate to watch him, and probably hate to play against him, but everyone who has played with him speaks volumes about him as a player.
He is a competitor, and to be honest, i think a player like him is what we were missing in the squad this year.

I have kept a close eye on Michael all year, and when the dogs have fallen behind, he just keeps on giving his all.
He is a leader, he has encouraged his team mates when they are down, getting flogged ect and pumps them up when they are flogging a team.

Did anyone go to our game against them in round 2? I didn't but I watched it on the box. When we scored, he absolutely tore shreds off his team.
His interview at the end of the game was nothing short of shattered they didn't keep a clean sheet.

He is the polar opposite of the leadership that was in the team this year.

When we got down, heads went down. When we went down further, they went down further.
The only glimpse of motivation and leadership you saw from a Sharks player this year was Fifita v the Warriors.

I think Mick will be a good signing for us, not for just footballing reasons.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I want him to kick from dummy-half.

Spend the off season practicing 40/20s, small grubbers for repeat sets.

He can tackle, can run.

And he is an 80 minute hooker. Not having that over the last couple of seasons has killed us.
If flannel picks another hooker to go with him then I will fecking lose it.

Card Shark

Immortal
What can you say about the player? You hate to watch him, and probably hate to play against him, but everyone who has played with him speaks volumes about him as a player.
He is a competitor, and to be honest, i think a player like him is what we were missing in the squad this year.

I think Mick will be a good signing for us, not for just footballing reasons.

Have to agree with all you've said CB.

I didnt like the Ennis signing because of his age but he will kick our soft underbelly in the guts.

Exactly what our weak club needs.

Card Shark

Immortal
We have to make him a 6 in the offseason, we need someone there.

Another concern with Ennis & his mouth, is that as he ages & can't keep up as much, his mouth might do even more shooting off. He might have to rely on it too much.

Hope he can keep up the pace & not overstep the mark....too much.;-)

southland

Juniors
I don't like him. Never have, but if he wins us games but having a positive leadership impact then who cares... Personalities can come last if the team functions well..

soc123_au

Staff member
I think that Ennis will bring to you guys what Soward bought to the Panthers. This time next year you lot will love him. I reckon it's your best signing since stealing Wade Graham.

RUBIKS

Juniors
The problem with Ennis joining the Sharks, is us.

At the Bronco's and the Dogs, he can get away with a lot more than he will here with us.

At those clubs, his outbursts are tolerated, sometimes even laughed off. At the Sharks, he will be scrutinised, binned and ultimately vilified for it.

This will lead to more penalties and frustration.

Still, I'm ready for the ride.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I hate the bloke, absolutely loathe him. I cannot decide who I like least out of him, Soward or Hodges. If he starts winning us games I will change my tune but I wish he would get rid of his niggle.

Latest posts