What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Snr appointed to Eels Board

hybrideel

Bench
http://www.parraeels.com.au/default...title=eric-grothe-snr-appointed-to-eels-board

Doug MacDougall - Eels Media

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels today announced Hall of Fame member Eric Grothe Snr was last night selected to fill the vacancy on the Club’s Board of Directors.
Grothe joins the Parramatta NRL Board after having served as a Director of the Parramatta District Rugby League (PDRL) since December 2008.
Chairman of the Pirtek Parramatta Eels, Mr Roy Spagnolo OAM, said:
“We’re pleased to have Eric fill the post vacated by Glenn Duncan earlier this year.
“There were a number of very good candidates that were presented to the Board.
“But when it comes to experience there’s not many people that know this Club better than Eric Grothe.
“His ability to offer a football perspective and representation in that area was an important factor in his selection.

Fathead

Bench
What a joke. Maybe Pricey for CEO ? We had an excellent chance to put someone QUALIFIED in the role and p#ssed it up against a tree.

Could have kicked a ton of goals. maybe a duly qualified female or someone duly qualified from the one of the non australian communities (Muslim, Indian etc ) ? It all equals beter exposure = sponsorship and growth.

But no - we go ahead and appoint a footy player with zero business nous - cause hes a good bloke.

FMD - Only at Parramatta........

(BTW - no having a go at females or non australians - I just want someone QUALIFIED in the roles. Also there are TONS of ex footballers WITH vast business experience that could have been chosen)

Last edited:

SDM

First Grade
I used to like the bloke, but all board members are merkins. f**k you EGS.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah, not surprised by some of the reactions here...anyway!

welcome EGS!...do us proud serve us well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What a joke. Maybe Pricey for CEO ? We had an excellent chance to put someone QUALIFIED in the role and p#ssed it up against a tree.

Could have kicked a ton of goals. maybe a duly qualified female or someone duly qualified from the one of the non australian communities (Muslim, Indian etc ) ? It all equals beter exposure = sponsorship and growth.

But no - we go ahead and appoint a footy player with zero business nous - cause hes a good bloke.

(BTW - no having a go at females or non australians - I just want someone QUALIFIED in the roles. Also there are TONS of ex footballers WITH vast business experience that could have been chosen)

"Qualified"?

He's not an employee; he's a board member. How qualified does a board member need to be?

A board member is just a glorified fan.

Eels Dude

Coach

Can't agree with that. Of course you need people with business experience but you also need the right mix. We shouldn't have a board full ex footy players but we also shouldn't just have a board full of just business men either. We are a football club after all, and having someone like Guru who's played for the club and can stick up for what the club stands for and it's heritage is an assett.

I don't see why you're bringing females and muslims, Indians etc and a greater profile into this. The board are there to meet behind closed doors the individuals should only be speaking out publicly when it's absolutely necessary.

after all the negative stuff with his running battle with fitzy i think it would be good so see some positive messages coming from pricey and now he's on the board the other members have the power to tell him to pull his head in if necessary

Delboy

First Grade
At the risk of repeating stuff , we need to stop whinging all the time, from kids we sign to board members

There are some on here who would complain that Jenna Jamieson can't cook, not that I know who she is, someone said it was a good line.

born an eel

Bench
we should look at the procedure to replace board members who can not finish their term. I believe the best way is to take the next candidate from the previous election result.

Other than his football career and music, does anyone know what business experience he has?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
we should look at the procedure to replace board members who can not finish their term. I believe the best way is to take the next candidate from the previous election result.

Other than his football career and music, does anyone know what business experience he has?

He doesn't need any. The board appoint people to look after that.

Eels Dude

Coach
after all the negative stuff with his running battle with fitzy i think it would be good so see some positive messages coming from pricey and now he's on the board the other members have the power to tell him to pull his head in if necessary

Eric Grothe Sr and Ray Price are not the same person.