What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric might have outgrown Eels

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy, if Jono was bad last week, Etu would of been twice as bad, the guy can't read in defence to save his life, which is the reason why he plays wing for wenty.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Guru was amazing today

unbelievable work rate, I'd like to know how many hits up he made today

length of the field try

he's a keeper

ROCCOE3

Juniors
Guru was amazing today

unbelievable work rate, I'd like to know how many hits up he made today

length of the field try

he's a keeper

Gee he make a massive difference when he plays! Just watch every run the impact and force on the defenders!

And I would like to see someone chase him down!

GO Parra!

yy_cheng

Coach
Sometimes he is knackered and he still hits it up with venom.

You will see in the beginning he runs it hard and determined.

When he gets buggered, he sort of lazily lugs it too the line but when he hits the line he gives it all he's got.

He really puts us on the front foot and he has quick play the balls.

bartman

Immortal
Still too many mistakes from Guru today for mine.

He'd still be my first choice to drop out of next year's backline. I think he'd be fine in the forwards though.

lucablight

First Grade
Still too many mistakes from Guru today for mine.

He'd still be my first choice to drop out of next year's backline. I think he'd be fine in the forwards though.

Helped out the forwards when we were struggling to make yardage with 232m and scored the match winning try with a length of the field effort and all you have to say is too many mistakes? Seriously man...

bartman

Immortal
I'm not saying he had a bad game at all.

I'm just responding to opinions that his game today means he has to be kept in the backline next year. I feel he still makes way too many mistakes in his defensive reads to not be the one that stands aside for Tahu.

I reckon his style of game and his strengths are suited to the forwards - imagine Eric achieving what Ben Smith has now done from the bench and in the back row, it would be magic!

yy_cheng

Coach
Barty, he didn't really make that many mistakes. Caught out in defense once. Dropped a very poor pass from Hayne and that's about all I can recall.

lucablight

First Grade
If Grothe doesn't play today we don't win. Simple. I'm not sure if he would be suitable for the second row myself.

yy_cheng

Coach
Leave him on the wing.

He is playing two roles. That of a Prop and that of a winger.

Although Burty does the smart things like the field goal today, he's gk can be covered by INU so he has the least to offer to the team

bartman

Immortal
Barty, he didn't really make that many mistakes. Caught out in defense once. Dropped a very poor pass from Hayne and that's about all I can recall.

I didn't think he made many mistakes at all...

But mistakes they were, which was my point re next season's backline (if he doesn't leave as semi-reported above). Burt offers vision, leadership, goalkicking, and better positional play.

But I just want to focus on the positives as much as possible for the rest of this year. He's a first choice winger in this season's team, no argument.