What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EUAN AITKEN

Crush

Coach
What a start to the season. He is going so well that his name is being thrown around for origin!
Who would have thought......

Gareth67

First Grade
You forgot to add Pearce in your sentence :joy:

Ever so right Saintsfield , I hope that he is otherwised engaged this series, perhaps with a dog collar attached to him , held by a huge testosterone charged dog .

But back to young Euan Atkien , a good allround game by him last night and of course what everyone is talking about , that step to put Greg Inglis languishing behind him in his wake - marvellous to watch. Ingles appears to be carrying a bit of extra weight around his middle and as a result he has lost a bit of speed making him an easy mark for those with real pace . Nevertheless , a strong showing by Atkien and the entire Dragon backline .

Last edited:

giboz71

First Grade
His problems were mainly defensive. His attack was always pretty solid. Has pace and is deceptively strong.

He’s improved his defence and they probably don’t really expect him to pass anyway, hence they’ve stuck Nighty on the right.

I’m guessing Mary has told hiim just to run hard and go himself. That try where he got around Inglis was all time.

His problems were mainly defensive. His attack was always pretty solid. Has pace and is deceptively strong.

He’s improved his defence and they probably don’t really expect him to pass anyway, hence they’ve stuck Nighty on the right.

I’m guessing Mary has told hiim just to run hard and go himself. That try where he got around Inglis was all time.

As I've said previously him and Nighty seem to have worked out a defensive strategy that's working. Last year teams were going around us as they both rushed in. The switch with Nene has worked well for our defensive structure.

And again, if he keeps getting to the line, why worry about passing.

FlameThrower

Bench

He has mentioned he is working on his passing game. Also it’s been noted that how strong he actually is .., usually drags a few players with him and still scores..

Coffs dragon

Bench
I rate him big time, but I don't want him playing Origin yet! Dragons need him more than NSW & we already face the prospect of being decimated at Origin time.
Keep playing well Euan and keep improving.....after Origin preferably & into the run to the semi's

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
If only we had a poll.
It looks like you were spot on!
All the muppets that said he had zero talent and was one of the worst centres to ever wear the jersey are verrry quiet.
I've worked it out actually.
They all hang out on the jubilee avenue forum and only come across to this forum when they feel they can have a dig at people.
Its their little safe place.

BennyV

Referee
It looks like you were spot on!
All the muppets that said he had zero talent and was one of the worst centres to ever wear the jersey are verrry quiet.
I've worked it out actually.
They all hang out on the jubilee avenue forum and only come across to this forum when they feel they can have a dig at people.
Its their little safe place.
You been into Jubilee Ave? It’s many things, but ‘safe place’ is definitely not one of them!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Euan has always had it in him.
My old man used to be involved with Australian Schoolboys back in the 90s and early 2000s, and when he saw Euan play for the first time as a 19 year old, he looked at me and said, "this kid will play Origin one day".

He's got his defensive issues figured out. As soon as he develops an effective offload, Euan will be talked about as one of the best centres in the competition.

Latest posts