What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Euro Cup final on sky sports

paulmac

Juniors
I have just received word via the RFL that only the European Nations Cup final will be telecast on sky sports.Whilst that is a tad disapointing the RFL and Sky sports said that it would make the game availble to fox sports in Australia if requested.We should all email foxsports and let them know that there is interest in this game and perhaps they will have a change of heart about showing the game.

Big Bunny

Juniors
The reply I received:

Fox Sports will not be showing these international tournaments. Fox Sports Management make this decision by considering a number of matters including ratings and the relative cost of such programs.

There is a similar problem regarding the domestic competitions in Australia. It costs significant amount of money to produce quality coverage of football matches of all kinds. Unfortunately, such matches would not rate well enough to make producing them financially viable. Fox Sports is a business and like all good business, there is no point in doing something unless it is to our financial advantage.

Kind regards,

FOX SPORTS Marketing

ChiaPete

Juniors
Big Bunny said:
The reply I received:

Fox Sports will not be showing these international tournaments. Fox Sports Management make this decision by considering a number of matters including ratings and the relative cost of such programs.

There is a similar problem regarding the domestic competitions in Australia. It costs significant amount of money to produce quality coverage of football matches of all kinds. Unfortunately, such matches would not rate well enough to make producing them financially viable. Fox Sports is a business and like all good business, there is no point in doing something unless it is to our financial advantage.

Kind regards,

FOX SPORTS Marketing

What an absolute CROCK! Are they trying to say these petty rah rah games such as University vs Norths (or something of the sorts) rate better than league. QLD Cup ratings would kill that sort of rugby, Fox Sports are pathetic the way the treat league fans.

Pete
GO BULLDOGS

It isn't so much that club union rates better than the European cup would, just that it can be produced for lots, lots less - thereby getting a better profit margin.

ali

Bench
Big Bunny said:
The reply I received:

Kind regards,

FOX SPORTS Marketing

Big Bunny they've left themselves open for a reply there. All they have to do for this match is get the tape sent from sky with DHL. Just like they do with the English Super League. What does that cost, $100? $200. There is a timeslot available on a Tuesday and Friday where the Super League was.

Don't let up. I just sent them an email from the family email.

JK

The response I got was even worse...

"Thank you for taking the time to write to us. FOX SPORTS will not be show the European Nations Cup. I have passed your comments on to our League department and also on to Programming who are always interested in what people like watch and ways to improve the line up.

Kind regards,

FOX SPORTS Marketing"

Pfft! :evil:

Not happy with the level of service in that reply.

ali

Bench
Thats a better responce than what I got from the family email. I have since written to Colin Love and told him of our campaign, and suggested he try and contact Fox Sports. I am awaiting a reply.

Anyway, keep the emails going.

Latest posts