What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even better than the 2 points

BG

Juniors
- Abes looks like he's back!
- Paterson and McManus look like they might live up to the wraps.
- White continues to improve.

roopy

Referee
Kidley is the fittest i've ever seen him.
Mullo has a heap of improvement in him and is probably playing injured.
the monkey is well and truely off the back now.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Kidley looked tremendous again tonight, and even managed to produce a kick that was almost decent! The rest were, as expected, sh*te. Mullen didn't have a blinder, but he still seems like the best half we've produced since the Johns brothers.

McManus looks like a keeper on the wing and Mad Dog had a great game. Tighe and Carmont didn't impress me, despite crossing the line. Seu Seu needs to get his attitude in check and where the hell did Polglase end up?

Gene Krupa

Referee
I don't get the wraps on Tighe. I find him an below average player who has nothing much in attack or defence.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Shift Mad Dog into the centres and have a Mad Dog/Uate and Carmont/McManus pairing.

knights9

Juniors
Gene Krupa said:
I don't get the wraps on Tighe. I find him an below average player who has nothing much in attack or defence.

He has potential and im pretty sure we all saw it in 2005 but this year he isnt even a hakf the player he was in 2005.

Gene Krupa

Referee
knights9 said:
He has potential and im pretty sure we all saw it in 2005 but this year he isnt even a hakf the player he was in 2005.

So what? Finch had potential. Anasta had potential.

Guess what?

They both sucked arse!

stevo

Juniors
Awsome game! Good to see Gidley play well (apart from when he kicked the ball :lol: ).

McManus showed some promise. Hope he keeps it up.

What's with SueSeu and his pants, almost as bad as Hindmarsh :shock:

perverse

Referee
if our forwards can go forward like they did tonight when johns and buderus are on the field, we're going to score A LOT of points against a lot of teams. they absolutely carved up the middle pretty much all night. we lacked class at the end of sets tonight... although a lot of mullens kicks were just unlucky. the vast majority of them - particularly his long kicks, were absolutely spot on perfect. with johns and buderus on the field combining with mullen.. and hopefully 2 different centres.. we will be looking very good. ontop of that, we didnt kick a goal tonight.. with johns on the field it would have probably been a good 22/24 - 12.

all signs are excellent. so many positives to take out of tonight. barring injuries.. we should be in for a great year.

- edit - AND KIDLEY!! my god, we've got a coach that knows EXACTLY what to do with him, and it's great. he will have a massive season this year, thats 2 MoM in a row. - /edit -

The Devil

Bench
What's impressed me is the remarked improvement in the skill level of our forwards, as well as the improvement in the previously shunted forwards, such as White. White really had a cracker of a first half.. made strong runs and tackles.

Mcmanus played a good match and is one of the decent wingers we've had over the past few seasons, strong runner and technically sound and good defensively. Made one error in defence which led to a Lulea try, but with Tighe on your inside I'd rush in too.

Tighe really hasn't impressed me in the past two games and neither has Carmont. It will be interesting to see where they end up next week.

perverse

Referee
The Devil said:
What's impressed me is the remarked improvement in the skill level of our forwards, as well as the improvement in the previously shunted forwards, such as White. White really had a cracker of a first half.. made strong runs and tackles.

Mcmanus played a good match and is one of the decent wingers we've had over the past few seasons, strong runner and technically sound and good defensively. Made one error in defence which led to a Lulea try, but with Tighe on your inside I'd rush in too.

Tighe really hasn't impressed me in the past two games and neither has Carmont. It will be interesting to see where they end up next week.
hopefully in premier league.

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Polglase
4. MacDougall
5. Uate

The Devil

Bench
perverse said:
hopefully in premier league.

1. Gidley
2. McManus
3. Polglase
4. MacDougall
5. Uate

Thats the same line up that i'm hoping for.. how far off is Franze from returning from injury? Was his trial form good enough to crack FG?

Ben

Bench
Kidley played another blinder. He was great everytime he touched the ball and hopefully he keeps up his form. With him playing so well at fullback it will be hard for Thaiday to work his way back into his customary position.

Hopefully, Macdougall does move back into the centres. Late in the game we saw Carmont and Mad dog switch around which may be a sign of things to come. I'm not sure with Tighe, but i'd give him one more crack at the centre position and if he doesn't impress just drop him back to Premier League.

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm still not impressed one bit with reyno, doesn't hit hard enough in defence and drops too much ball. If Joey is back next week I think we should go with Abes at lock, he's showing us some ball skills I never knew he had, definately more skillful than reyno and a much better athlete. Paterson I was impressed with as well, looks like a future rep player for sure and looks very quick for a big man judging by the chase he put up on the Lulia try, and how good is Matt white plying, wasn't he struggling to make PL this time last year? He's just got something that your either born with or your noit and that is size. Unlike the lightweights Hagan was in love with (e.g Lowrie, Tanner, Reynoldson, Brown), White actually has the size to dent the defence line. ANyone know how PL went tonight in particular Snowden, Uate, Tupou, Laban and Taufua