What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

even tommy raudonikis is laying the boot into us

Eels worse than my two-time spooner Magpies, says Tommy Raudonikis

WESTERN Suburbs legend Tommy Raudonikis rates the Parramatta side that plays the Tigers this Friday night as one of the worst sides of the modern era.

Raudonikis likens Ricky Stuart's Parramatta as a "rabble", an absolute "shambles" -- far worse than the Magpies side he coached to consecutive wooden spoons in 1998-99.
The Eels go into the game against Wests Tigers after a 40-6 drubbing at the hands of Manly.
The Tigers fared little better, coming away from the Gold Coast on the end of a 30-point hammering at the hands of the Titans.
"My old mob looked bad at the weekend, but fair dinkum this Parramatta mob are an absolute shambles and play without any ticker," Raudonikis said. "I reckon I'd beat them with just three players I had in my side when we finished last twice.
"Without a word of a lie I could beat this lot with just Andrew Leeds, 'Cherry' Mescia and Steve Georgallis. That's how dreadful Parramatta are playing," he said. "I've watched a lot of the Eels on the box, but even when we were on the end of some big floggings and lost 12 on the trot, the crowd never booed me like they do Ricky Stuart.

"I'm the first to put my hand up and say I made mistakes as a coach, mostly because I listened to the wrong people. I really do feel for Stuart. He's got to be hurting."
The last-placed Parramatta is at home against the Tigers, six points adrift of its opposition and with the worst for-and-against record in the premiership.
In-fighting at the club has seen the highly respected Ken Edwards depart as chief of executive of the football club, while Bob Bentley was sacked as chief executive of the thriving leagues club.
The lack of results on the field continues to spill over into the boardroom where Steve Sharp is in charge of a divided board.
The Eels last featured in a grand final in 2009 when beaten by Melbourne, only to see the Storm have the premiership stripped from it when the club was found to have rorted the salary cap. Since then, Parramatta has finished 12th, 14th and 16th and last in 2012.
On the field, Chris Sandow, just one of the Eels' big-money signings, is toiling in the third-tier NSW Cup competition.
"I like Ricky Stuart a lot as a bloke, admired him as a player, as well as doing a good job coaching NSW in Origin, but even he must be wondering what he's got to do to turn his mob around," Raudonikis said. "If I was in Ricky's shoes, I'd just forget about what's left of this season, cop the results on the chin and start looking towards next year."
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...tommy-raudonikis/story-fnca0von-1226691694102

if you like and admire ricky so much why are you sinking the boot into him?

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
yet we are favourites to beat his rabble
His rabble don't even exist anymore. Potter sounds like he is about to get the arse not sure what he's got to gloat about???

Sadly we are an easy and deserved target these days.

His rabble don't even exist anymore. Potter sounds like he is about to get the arse not sure what he's got to gloat about???

Sadly we are an easy and deserved target these days.

everywhere you look people are going on and on about the eels and the spoon
did anyone say anything about the titans when they got the spoon in 2011?

Bigfella

Coach
We would have flogged his crew.

And three players won't be beating anyone Tommy you dribbler.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
lol I especially like the bit where he says they could beat us with 3 players.

I reckon they go close but we would probably get up.

carson

Juniors
He seems to have forgotten how bad his 99 team was...they got smashed every week and unlike our team he did have some fairly good players...as well as the players he mentioned, they also had Brett Hodgson and Matt Fuller...from memory they almost cracked the thousand points conceded for the season!!!

If they had more heart then I guess we would have to point the finger at the coach involved!!!

Utey

Coach
My god that side was bad in 99. Even in 01 they were pretty horrendous coached by Lamb.

spiderdan

Bench
Raudonikis likens Ricky Stuart's Parramatta as a "rabble", an absolute "shambles" -- far worse than the Magpies side he coached to consecutive wooden spoons in 1998-99.
no one like to be considered absolute crap so will always try to pass the torch to someone else when they can.

we are no doubt one of the worst sides in the nrl's short history but it's hard to take seriously the comments of a coach who made his players pass around the heart of a dead animal telling them that was what a heart looks like (it was with that awful wests team of the late 90s so i'll give up on league if stuart starts doing that with parra).

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Tommy is just making a fool of himself these days trying to feel like he's still important . Just fade away champ your day has passed .

magpie4ever

First Grade
Get f**ked.

We will beat you guys by by by by by 1 point on Friday night; so get that up youse.

The Wests sides of 98 and 99 had bloody excuses - the aftermarth of the superleague war had left Wests financially crippled and unable to retain or purchase talented players. Now with a salary cap and Parramatta's finances it is hard to find an excuse.

born an eel

Bench
so if he had a better side and still got the wooden spoon consecutive years it doesn't say much for his coaching.

Eels Dude

Coach
We're definitely the worst NRL side in a while, gotta expect people to put the boot in. Unfortunately for Tommy he'll be remembered as coach of THE worst performing side in NRL history and trying to talk about how s**t we are isn't going to change that.

magpie4ever

First Grade
We're definitely the worst NRL side in a while, gotta expect people to put the boot in. Unfortunately for Tommy he'll be remembered as coach of THE worst performing side in NRL history and trying to talk about how s**t we are isn't going to change that.

Hey Shithead, ever hear about Eastern Surburbs (circa: 1966) - don't win a game in the season or University in the early years of league going 30 odd games without a win.

Oh, only talking about NRL - league didn't exist before then did it - obviously a Gen Y+.

Wests to smash the bottom dwellers come Friday.