What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Eel retires through injury

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

Brett Delaney: Eye injury forces ex-Leeds Rhinos back-rower to retire
_105503100_pc4_4948.jpg

Brett Delaney played 213 games for Leeds Rhinos during nine years at Headingley
Former Leeds Rhinos, Gold Coast and Parramatta back-rower Brett Delaney has retired from professional rugby league after a repeat of a facial injury.

Delaney, 33, joined Championship side Featherstone Rovers for 2019, but was again injured in a pre-season trial game against Halifax.

The Australian ended a nine-year stay at the Rhinos at the end of 2018.

While at Headingley, he played in and won three Grand Finals and also lifted two Challenge Cups.

"Unfortunately it's not worked out and it looks like I will have to have another operation, but I've still really enjoyed the short time I've had here," Delaney said.

"I've had a great career, where I've done everything and don't have any regrets. I'd like to give a special thanks to all my coaches and the supporters at Leeds and Featherstone."

After spells in the National Rugby League in his homeland, Delaney moved to Super League as a centre but ended up playing the majority of his 213 games for Leeds in the pack.

T.S Quint

Coach
Is he only 33?
Seemed like a lifetime ago when he played for the Eels. Or for the Titans for that matter.

Bazal

Post Whore
What a shame....he'd almost got up to full pace on a linebreak he made in 2006....

Nah always liked Delaney. Good luck to him.

Latest posts