What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Tigers in the 2015 Finals series

Ron's_Mate

Bench
A thread about the guys who left and get to play in the finals rather than enjoying finishing equal last.

Marika Koroibete (Storm)
Adam Blair (Broncos)
Chris Heighington (Sharks)
Andrew Fifita (Sharks)
Benji Marshall (Dragons)

Koro looked good in the first half of Storm v Roosters. Scored a great try, missed the second half with a lacerated achilles tendon.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I was thinking about him and that made me wonder what became of Nathan Brown at Souths. Turns out he's now in the NSW Cup team for North Sydney.

Yeah seems odd as from what I saw of Brown he had been decent enough in first grade for souths. Has the odd mistake in him but the good out weighs the bad IMO. Just shows what McGuire like In his players, one dimensional hit up robots.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Benji was going well against the Dogs until put out of the game by a grubby tackle from Eastwood.
Blair is going really well at the Broncos and presumably the Tigers are paying part of his salary to perform so well for them.

Yeah seems odd as from what I saw of Brown he had been decent enough in first grade for souths. Has the odd mistake in him but the good out weighs the bad IMO. Just shows what McGuire like In his players, one dimensional hit up robots.

Seems to be working for Madge though.

BEN MURDOCH-MASILA & JASON SCHIRNACK in NSW Cup for Panthers and Bulldogs. Jason played the same number as Robbo in 1st grade :)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Adam Blair into the grand final, something he was unlikely to experience if he stayed with the Tigers.

Tiger05

First Grade
Blair was great last night. I still think its better we got rid of him. For whatever reason I think he needs a real quality team and pack of forwards around him.

He also needed a quality coach and that was what Sheens wasn't in regards to Blair. Bennett has him playing the way he did for Bellemy, Sheens tried to reinvent him

Tiger05

First Grade
He also needed a quality coach and that was what Sheens wasn't in regards to Blair. Bennett has him playing the way he did for Bellemy, Sheens tried to reinvent him

I agree. I think he was good for us when he played in the middle. He went missing out wide consistently.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Broncos team is just ridiculous though. Rorting the cap worse than the Roosters.

I always said that Blair is a player who is amazing when the team is performing but god awful when not. Not the type of player that was going ti succeed at our club.

simmo1

First Grade
Blair is a burglar. Pretty much any half decent front rower looks good when the team is playing well. The very best ones will lift the team around them, which he never does.

Like saying a guy is good batsman when the score is 3/450 but shit when the team is 3/20.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Koro had a shocker. Is he the first player this year to get binned for punching? The first I've seen.

Tiger05

First Grade
Blair is a burglar. Pretty much any half decent front rower looks good when the team is playing well. The very best ones will lift the team around them, which he never does.

Like saying a guy is good batsman when the score is 3/450 but shit when the team is 3/20.

I reckon this is Blair to a tee. If you need a consistent 100+ metres per game from a prop he isn't your man.