What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent FREE PC game

oldmancraigy

Coach
If you want a game that will last and last, then THIS is it!

It's a MMORPG which is totally FREE to play, and is almost limitless in the things that you can do!

wanna try the game out?

Head to:

www.dxgaming.com/obsidian

then click on the 'getting started' tab on the left hand side - you can download the full game there (it's around 320MB) - while it's downloading, create an account and then get playing!!

They've got a chat room specially set up for the game which is often active, so feel free to head in there and speak to people about any problems you might have etc!

The game is a LOT of fun - it'll take some perseverance, but it's all worth it!

Simo

First Grade
Can someone actually tell me what a MMORPG is ( i believe it stands for mega multiplayer online role playing game??).

But what exactly is that mouth full - what do you do? What well known games are these so I know what it is.

strewth_mate

Bench
Just something where a whole lot of people jump in at any time and play the game online set in a persistent universe, as opposed to say a group organising a game of Counterstrike between only themselves. Basically a normal role playing game where just about every character you come across in the world is another person. World of Warcraft is probably the best example, the iPod of online games :crazy:

OVP

Coach
strewth_mate said:
Just something where a whole lot of people jump in at any time and play the game online set in a persistent universe, as opposed to say a group organising a game of Counterstrike between only themselves. Basically a normal role playing game where just about every character you come across in the world is another person. World of Warcraft is probably the best example, the iPod of online games :crazy:

Short version : For mega-Nerds only ;-)

Jizmizm

Juniors
Can someone actually tell me what a MMORPG is ( i believe it stands for mega multiplayer online role playing game??).

But what exactly is that mouth full - what do you do? What well known games are these so I know what it is.

Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplay Game

You create 'characters' and run around in a 'world'. Popular ones are World of Warcraft, Everquest, Everquest 2, Lineage, Dungeons and Dragons, Dark Age of Camelot.

Simo

First Grade
But what do you actually do with your character in this world? What role are you playing?

BlindMan

Juniors
Simo said:
But what do you actually do with your character in this world? What role are you playing?

That you have friends and that your 24/7 behind-a-computer-life means something.:lol: