What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excellent Work By Broncos Marketing

dimitri

First Grade
I was excited to see that the Brisbane Broncos are not only promoting the centenary of our great game in their membership brochure.

But they have also managed to purchase and include 2008 Rugby League World Cup Final tickets in their Platinum Bronoc Membership Package!!!!

To see their excellent brochure

click on the following link:

http://www.broncos.com.au/Content/Attachment/Membership%20brochure.pdf

yobbo84

Coach
Still can't believe the final is going to be played at Suncorp. What a joke.

(I have no qualms about it being played in QLD, only that 30,000 people are being short-changed).

dimitri

First Grade
LebaneseForces said:
Good stuff Brisbane...
Hopefully everyone really gets behind the WC.

I agree!!!

I believe it's better off in QLD!!!

The QRL will do the match justice! If it was just the arl/nswrl looking after it, who knows what we would end up with

yobbo84 said:

(I have no qualms about it being played in QLD, only that 30,000 people are being short-changed).

Being a New South Welshman, I agree with the decision to play it in QLD.

If we had decent crowds attend Telstra for the Tri-Nations (they were abysmal considering the closeness of the comp), then we would have a right to host it.

But Lang Park will pump with the atmosphere that only the Queenslanders can provide.

NSW needs a RL dedicated stadium, similar in design to Suncorp, then we may see some decent crowds

Telstra has about as much atmosphere as the back of Mars and you virtually need binoculars to see what is going on, and Aussie Stadium does not condense the crowds as close to the action as Suncorp does.

KaboobieGarfunkelShazam said:
Being a New South Welshman, I agree with the decision to play it in QLD.

If we had decent crowds attend Telstra for the Tri-Nations (they were abysmal considering the closeness of the comp), then we would have a right to host it.

But Lang Park will pump with the atmosphere that only the Queenslanders can provide.

NSW needs a RL dedicated stadium, similar in design to Suncorp, then we may see some decent crowds

Telstra has about as much atmosphere as the back of Mars and you virtually need binoculars to see what is going on, and Aussie Stadium does not condense the crowds as close to the action as Suncorp does.

The WC needs the massive inbuilt rugby league audience to embrace the event so it can be successful. This is a great initiative by the Broncs. All clubs should follow suit.

I am disappointed the final isn't in Syd, but we deserve no better. The support of the final - one of the best matches I ahve ever seen - was a disgrace. I take the point about Telstra not being a good footy stadium, but we have the SFS, which is as goo as any other place to watch footy at.

Kid Dynamite said:
No surprises here. The Broncos are taking an active step in the development of Rugby League again.
What you meant to say instead of again is another brick in repairing the damage the Broncs did to the game.

ouwet

Bench
yobbo84 said:

QLD have earnt the right to host the Rugby League WC Final.

When tests in Sydney attract over 30-40K then i might agree with you.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Id rather see 40,000 in Brisbane than just under 30,000 in Sydney. We had 2 games to really promote the sh*tt out of the WC and Tri Nations and unfortunately we got 23-25,000 to the GB game and the final.

When we played GB in Brisbane it was over 40,000. Enough to earn the WC final.

We had the chance to host and blew it, by not turning up.

Mr Saab

Referee
yobbo84 said:

You seriously think 80000 people would have turned up to Tesltra stadium for the League World cup final?
How much money did the tooth fairy give you last week?

Dragonwest

Juniors
Living in Perth i made the trip over this year to watch soo & a saints monday night game against sharks.

Gotta say I was mighty disappointed with NSW crowd. I really dont see the huge problem with Telstra, i was up the in the nose bleeds and felt like i had a great view looking down over the game. The major problem was the crowd, didnt get into it at all!

Wish I'd done the soo & donkeys combo in qld the yr before instead!

dimitri

First Grade
Dragonwest said:
Living in Perth i made the trip over this year to watch soo & a saints monday night game against sharks.

Gotta say I was mighty disappointed with NSW crowd. I really dont see the huge problem with Telstra, i was up the in the nose bleeds and felt like i had a great view looking down over the game. The major problem was the crowd, didnt get into it at all!

Wish I'd done the soo & donkeys combo in qld the yr before instead!

Maybe everyone else in the crowd didn't have seats as good as yours???

LESStar58

Referee
dimitri said:
I was excited to see that the Brisbane Broncos are not only promoting the centenary of our great game in their membership brochure.

But they have also managed to purchase and include 2008 Rugby League World Cup Final tickets in their Platinum Bronoc Membership Package!!!!

To see their excellent brochure

click on the following link:

http://www.broncos.com.au/Content/Attachment/Membership%20brochure.pdfhttp://www.broncos.com.au/Content/Attachment/Membership brochure.pdfhttp://www.broncos.com.au/Content/Attachment/Membership brochure.pdf

I have a feelin that the World Cup will be promoted aggressively in much the same way Origin 3 at TD was in the Storm mambership packages last year.

The Australia vs England game at TD (???) on November 2nd has the potential to get a lot of interest and I think based on 2006 with what the club did for Origin and Tri-Nations fixtures there will be a big turnout and everyone loves the whole Australia vs England rivalry!

dimitri

First Grade
LESStar58 said:
I have a feelin that the World Cup will be promoted aggressively in much the same way Origin 3 at TD was in the Storm mambership packages last year.

The Australia vs England game at TD (???) on November 2nd has the potential to get a lot of interest and I think based on 2006 with what the club did for Origin and Tri-Nations fixtures there will be a big turnout and everyone loves the whole Australia vs England rivalry!

Let's Hope so!!!!

A packed out TD to see Aus v Eng in Melbourne would be awesome!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Can't believe Broncos already have the season packages available. Thats one of the problems I have always found with the bulldogs, that the packages were never finalised quick enough. How can people get them for Christmas presents etc (something the NRL should try and promote from the start of December) if you can't get anything concrete.

SharkFin

Juniors
oneeyedeaglesman said:
What you meant to say instead of again is another brick in repairing the damage the Broncs did to the game.

Err what exactly did they do? Did I miss something?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
SharkFin said:
Err what exactly did they do? Did I miss something?
"Don't mention the war!"

0,1020,244434,00.jpg

dimitri

First Grade
Dogs Of War said:
Can't believe Broncos already have the season packages available. Thats one of the problems I have always found with the bulldogs, that the packages were never finalised quick enough. How can people get them for Christmas presents etc (something the NRL should try and promote from the start of December) if you can't get anything concrete.

It's a problem for all clubs in all codes

Processing and Seating members take quite a while.

I suggest you call the Dogs and I am sure they would only be too happy to provide you with a gift certificate

Latest posts