What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion review 2014

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok so arlc has promised a full review of expansion potential at he end of the 2014 season.

Ow at a breakfast with John grant he said something very interesting about a possible bid process at the same time the review was occurring. No idea what he meant by this but he I it mated that the decision process when and where to expand would not necessarily take a long time.

Is it likely that we could see some new teams ready for the 2016 season kick off?

siv

First Grade
I suspect that he will call for tendors in specific RL areas

Rather than a open expansion bid for all areas

ash the bash

Juniors
Lets hope so, would like to see a WA team along with another from the east coast. A majority of our clients that come from Australia are from WA and most are fanatical Aussie rules fans but a lot have time for rugby league. Plus you have heaps of Bunnies supporters (Souths games) along with existing loyalties from others that would push crowd averages and engage a new market for sponsors.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes he certainly gave the impression that would be the case. He also stated some of the bids were nothing but hot air!

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The Western Reds launched in 92 and their first season was 95.
West Coast Pirates launched in 2012 so a kickoff in 2015 would have nice symmetry.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Bombers have zero chance of winning a license at this stage. Their PR stunt on the Footy Show seems like ancient history now.

Latest posts