What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exposing the myth of the Rooster....

Moffo

Referee
Once again, it is time for me to go beyond the myth, behind the legend that is the (cock) Rooster

Seasoned readers will remember my last adventure, when I exposed Bondi Junction Leagues as a haven for old biddies who receive complementary tickets with every 10c spent on a one-armed bandit

The Eastern Suburbs Roosters (Lets not sully the name 'Sydney') was established amongst much cock slapping and crowing in 1908. Origins of the colours are somewhat disputed, however yellow would've been apt given the colour of their collective underbellys

So as it came to pass, the Roosters grew. They had no juniors but got buy through transit lounge transactions and signing up promising taxi drivers as hookers (see David Trewhella)

To be fair, the cockadoodles became large in the 90s. They were building a dynasty. They went corporate. Easts became Sydney. Bondi Beach became a haven for rooster boosters. Under the watchful eye of many (including Kurt Sherlock), they became successful and have contested four of the past five grand finals

But lets not forget the Latte Set. Cockacinos is a popular drink down East. And to be fair, no one enjoys red whine like a roosters fan does. In fact, I visited the Bondi Bandits coffee shop yesterday and came across the following menu:

Cockacino - $2.50

Red Whine - $3 a glass

Cock and Chumps - $5.50

Glass of Wanker - $1

Plate of fudge (freshly packed) - $8

Amazingly enough, I came across a roosters fan that had intelligence. Quickly, I noted to myself even pigs must fly sometimes!

pigfly.gif

To my surprise, Ricko and Finch were also at the cafe shop, trying to work out how they can get away with being such cats

cat02.gif

For mine, I couldn't work it out either.

I had to leave. Bondi Junction was haunted. And that was without walking into the haunted house that is Easts Leagues. Anyone been there lately? Scare joint....

niteani.gif

I was truly traumatised. It was time to return to the sanity of the west. The golden west via Newtown of course

The home of the real man.....

cartoo~1.gif

Yibbidy Yibbida, thats all folks :lol: See you on Sunday rooster doodles :lol:

froganim.gif

Cheers,
Moffo

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Moffo- you know i love a good yarn & humour.........but i must say that wasn't one of your best posts :lol: ;-)

strong_latte

Juniors
I was going say something to sully the person who posted this rubbish, but then I quickly noticed he is a bulldogs supporter... How is your team of rapists and degenerates at the moment?
Mind you I loved the bit about "The golden west via Newtown of course. The home of the real man....."... I don't know what your definition of a real man is, but if he's in NewTown, then I guess it's a bloke who wears black leather pants with the bum cheeks cut out, a fish net T-shirt and a pair of surgical gloves... oh well, each to their own I guess!