What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f**k off hack journalists

ledzep

Bench
I'm sick of this kind of sh*t

-----------------
from ninemsn.com
Hewitt in top 10 'most hated' US poll
Friday Jan 27 12:00 AEDT
By Andrew Hunter
ninemsn

Hot on the heels — or should we say, injured ankle — of his controversial exit from the Australian Open, Lleyton Hewitt has notched another black mark next to his name, as the 10th most-hated athlete in the USA.

Hewitt was the only non-US athlete to make list, published by GQ magazine, which featured another Australian, Heath Ledger, on its cover.

While the magazine pokes fun at Hewitt’s renowned obsession with the Rocky movies, it was the South Australian’s alleged racist remarks during his 2001 US Open tie against African American James Blake that "sealed the deal".

After being foot-faulted several times by a black linesman, Hewitt approached the chair umpire and said "Look at him and you tell me what the similarity is".

"It was a terrible act," the magazine quotes tennis writer Bud Collins as saying. "Everybody knew what he meant".

Blake later forgave his opponent and Hewitt has always maintained he meant the "similarity" was that the same linesman kept foot faulting him.

The magazine quotes Argentine player Guillermo Coria saying Hewitt is hated by every other player on the circuit and insinuates he deserved being spat at by another Argie Juan Ignacio Chela.

Hewitt isn’t even popular in his native Australia, the writers conclude, quoting an Australian newspaper saying, "Many regretted [the spit] did not find its target".

US athletes filled the other nine places on GQ’s list, with popular golfer Phil Mickelson ("He annoys everybody") coming in eighth and basketballer Kobe Bryant listed fifth most hated ("He’s never been the type to do things that would endear him to his teammates").

Controversial footballer Terrell Owens tops the poll for his inappropriate touchdown celebrations and threats to teammates and management.

If only the Americans knew about rugby league.

------------
wtf is this?
that comment has no relevance to the article and doesn't even really make sense
it's just another cheap shot at rugby league

Cletus

First Grade
Are you sure they're not refering to try celebrations? Have to agree on Hewitt, what a prat.

Cloud9

He's right about Hewitt. The guy's a pretentious c**nt. I've noticed he hasn't been the same on court ever since he married that bimbo from Home and Away who's sold her family to Women's day. Hewitt is still rueing the day he split up with Clijsters.

He's lost a few people
-Clijsters
-McCleod (crow's player)
-Cahill (ex coach)
-Sporting public.

Grow up Hewitt.

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont see what the problem is.
League has many players that are disliked/hated.

Agree with Hewitt. His career will never be the same after the marriage and birth.
Cloud9...bec is not a bimbo...she is a mega bimbo. Listening to her in interviews is as though she is auditioning for a role on Play School or Humphrey. So f**king ditzy.

Green Machine

First Grade
I took as, if Americans knew about Rugby League, they would find people worse the Lleyton Hewitt to hate. I wonder if he is related to that turd, Greg Hunter at Inside Sport,

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think it's a shame...Here you have a superb athlete - Australia's best tennis player for ages - but because of past mistakes, we all hate him...Apparently...

I like him as a player - he's tenacious, has a never-say-die attitude and is a skilled mofo...But since he married that oxygen usurper, he's been crap.

By the way, Terrel Owens is the second best receiver there is - but he is an idiot lol.

bazza

Immortal
That poll just shows how ignoratn Americans are. Lleyton should have been number 1

innsaneink

Referee
That IS just a cheap amateurish unprofessional shot at league.....like a bitch that youre arguing with that just HAS to have the last word when shes walking away.

Mr Saab said:

Agree with Hewitt. His career will never be the same after the marriage and birth.
Cloud9...bec is not a bimbo...she is a mega bimbo. Listening to her in interviews is as though she is auditioning for a role on Play School or Humphrey. So f**king ditzy.

When you said she wasnt a bimbo, I was shocked luckily I read the next line quickly....

I swear there is nothing resembling a glimmer of intelligence behind those eyes, and she is pretty average too look @ 2.

Mr Saab

Referee
She is avg IMO. She seems to be the biggest "yes" girl too, hence why Hewitt finds her attractive as no one says no to leetle leyton.

Cloud9

Balmain_Boy said:
The vendetta against Hewitt is nothing short of pathetic.

You have to wonder about Hewitt fans, just look at them and you tell me what the similarity is.

Its not so much what Hewitt says, its the way he says it which grates me. He all-too-often speaks with disrespect & insolence. Its the tone of a 12 year old who takes his bat and goes home after he gets out.

Go Nulla

Bench
Mr Saab said:

I bet she is a great farrrrkkk though.

Darth Bobo

This is the little pr*ck that made the comment along the lines "...it goes to show the stupidity of the Australian sporting public" just because he got booed in Australia for acting like a hero while beating a fellow Aussie who was ranked about 1000.

Now I consider myself to be part of the general sporting public, don't give two sh*ts about tennis, but he didn't specify tennis fans so until I recieve an apology from him he can stick it up his poop chute. Plus he's an AFL supporter which is even worse than being a Broncos supporter, at least Rafter followed the right sport.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Um, I think the original post highlighted the comment about rugby league and that was meant to be what we are discussing. A throwaway line which is a dig at our game. Probably the writer is a fan of some other footy code, the article had nothing to do with rugby league and it's various "scandals" as it had nothing to do with aussie rules, rugby union and soccer and their "scandals" but he chose to mention Rugby League. IMO the writer is a bigger wanker than Hewitt.