What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2016

Parra

Referee
The Mercs team taking each other out made for an interesting GP.

Red Bull have the two most exciting drivers on the grid.

Unbelievable for Verstappen to pull that out in his first time in the Red Bull.

Storm13

Juniors
Crazy and exciting race but still highlighted whats wrong with the current state of F1.

some11

Referee
Ricciardo needs to find a new team for next year, RB may have screwed up their strategy yesterday but the inevitable favouritism towards Verstappen will start at some point.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where would he go though? Only silver arrow and scuderia would be a move forward.

Ferrari's drivers are doing well still. Can't see Hamilton humbling himself like Button and Alonso and going to a weaker tesm to help them get better.

Unless Williams has a massive upgrade....

DiegoNT

First Grade
Apperently redbull are getting an engine upgrade from renault, just in time for monaco, that is estimated to improve lap times by upto a second. The catch!, they only have 1 engine ready, so who gets it, ricciardo or the chosen one

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apperently redbull are getting an engine upgrade from renault, just in time for monaco, that is estimated to improve lap times by upto a second. The catch!, they only have 1 engine ready, so who gets it, ricciardo or the chosen one
Max was a bit lucky to win the last race, he drove brilliantly don't get me wrong, but he never would've been in that position if Red Bull hadn't f**ked Ricciardo's tyre strategy royally.

I reckon Ricciardo, as the senior or #1 driver, will get first dibs on the new engine.

Whether it'll have all the gremlins out of it and working smoothly and quickly by race time is another question.

On the flip side, Monaco isn't really a track where you want a shit tonne of extra power anyway. A good chassis and downforce (which Red Bull has better than anyone else already) is more important.

Going to be a new even softer tyre available at Monaco. Red Bull will be very quick in the Qualifying with that.

Soft, Super Soft and Very Super Soft or some such thing, will be the tyres available. It's almost like Pirelli are trying to turn it into a minimum 3 stopper

FAS33

Juniors
Ultra soft.

Ricciardo will out qualify/race Maxi again. If he doesn't Uncle Helmut will make sure his dutch driver will be favoured.

Parra

Referee

Good chance that being from Renault it will be poison and blow up anyway. Might be better staying with what is reasonably competitive & reliable until in is known.

What are the rules for between races engine changes this year? No grid penalties are mentioned.

FAS33

Juniors
Apparently the engine is half a sec quicker. If Dan gets it . Max wont get anywhere near Daniel in qualifying.

Storm13

Juniors
Kyvat came out and said he would've beaten Ricciardo on points this year just like last year.

His recents comments has me thinking it could be his last year especially if Sainz beats him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon Sainz will leave Toro Rosso at the end of the year and I'll be surprised if Kvyat is retained.

Storm13

Juniors
Sainz will be there for one more season. Don't see to many changes happening for 2017 but 2018 could see some major driver market shake up.

some11

Referee

Haha, this could be the reboot of Mark's front wing.

FAS33

Juniors
Danielle Ricciardo is the best driver in F1. The Brat, I mean Brit wouldn't even be within a minute of this guys lap times.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Weirdly i don't think Verstappen was given preferential treatment in Spain. The tyre strategy Verstappen and Kimi were given was high risk while the strategy ricciardo and vettel was given was the safe strategy. I believe it was kimi and ferrari who kicked off the risky strategy and max was switched to it to cover kimi in case it worked (which it did). I think everyone still expected the medium tyres to drop of dramatically like they did for guys like button who tried using a long stint medium strategy in china. What ricciardo was let down by was redbull being too conservative and trying to keep him on the soft tyres just 2 or 3 laps to long in the belief that fresher tyres would be a huge advantage in the last 5 laps when everyone else's tyre performance had dropped off

Last edited:

FAS33

Juniors
Weirdly i don't think Verstappen was given preferential treatment in Spain. The tyre strategy Verstappen and Kimi were given was high risk while the strategy ricciardo and vettel was given was the safe strategy. I believe it was kimi and ferrari who kicked off the risky strategy and max was switched to it to cover kimi in case it worked (which it did). I think everyone still expected the medium tyres to drop of dramatically like they did for guys like button who tried using a long stint medium strategy in china. What ricciardo was let down by was redbull being too conservative and trying to keep him on the soft tyres just 2 or 3 laps to long in the belief that fresher tyres would be a huge advantage in the last 5 laps when everyone else's tyre performance had dropped off

Was referring to Hamilton. :lol:
put Ricciardo in Rosbergs seat and he would run rings around the pom.

About the Spanish GP. Well done to the Mad Max, glad he beat Ricciardo. But he won from pure luck and differing strategies. Win some lose some, that's racing. too many numpties were calling it a conspiracy. (Mostly Aussie fans) couldn't stop laughing.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
essentially, if Ricciardo's second stop had've been for softs and then mediums on the last stop, he would've won comfortably.

But that last change was just wrong in every way, especially timing.

Latest posts