What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2020

some11

Referee
Hamilton to equal Schuey this year, Merc's DAS system is genius.

Other teams can complain all they like but it is legal.

The Ferrari thing on the other hand needs more transparency.

Corona virus to disrupt the season and possibly make it a shitshow.

Life's Good

Coach
Hamilton to equal Schuey this year, Merc's DAS system is genius.

Other teams can complain all they like but it is legal.

The Ferrari thing on the other hand needs more transparency.

Corona virus to disrupt the season and possibly make it a shitshow.

Hard to argue with any of that.

I think Verstappen can take the fight to Hamilton but he’s not going to get the same support that Hamilton will. Bottas can mix it up front but I doubt Albon can cut it(despite what the biased British journos are saying)leaving Verstappen to fight on his own.

I think Ferrari were sandbagging a bit but I don’t think they have the ultimate pace needed. Add in the driver rivalry & I see them having a similar year to last year.

The whole engine ruling is very suspect but not surprising - it is Ferrari & Jean Todt is the head of the FIA.

Storm13

Juniors
Think Ferrari are going to start third best. Going to be interesting after the first race with Red Bull saying they will protest the result if Merc use DAS, plus I think I've hear Renault and maybe McLaren will protest Force India if they are successful.

Life's Good

Coach
McLaren have withdrawn from the AUS gp. Pussies I say. Already here so might as well put on a show. Apparently one person got sick.
Agreed. Unless it’s Sainz or Norris then race on. Very disappointing & throws this round into disarray. I suspect they won’t be the only one to withdraw & puts doubt on Bahrain IMO.
I’m pretty pis*ed with Hamilton bagging the sport for racing this weekend too. He talks about ‘cash is king’ all the while playing hardball with Merc over $$ on a new contract.

Storm13

Juniors
Wouldn't be surprised McLaren are being political in this call. Thinking they can benefit in someway.

Hamilton is safer in Australia than he would be in Europe. Daily life for everyone is normal.

We are seeing very reactive responses from say the likes of the NBA (most likely China related). I'm sure Hamilton will win a record equal championship with only racing 5 races this year

Life's Good

Coach
Vettel leaving the Reds at the end of 2020. Will he race on?? There’s talk of a deal with Renault or a move to McLaren who just happen to be switching back to Merc engines for 2020.
Ricciardo & Sainz are leading candidates for the Ferrari seat - big ask going up against LeClerc but both have good track records against strong teammates(with Verstappen being a teammate of both at different stages).

Storm13

Juniors
Everyone is going to be linked to this team. What's going to be interesting is how 2021 is just basically going to be this seasons cars. Ferrari might turn out not to have a good car. Interesting times a head.

Life's Good

Coach
has an Aussie raced f1 Ferrari , ever before ?? i cant remember
No. Alan Jones was in discussions with them in the early 80’s(he tells a funny story when recounting the events surrounding his discussions with Ferrari on a Beyond the Grid podcast).
Tim Shenken drove a Detomaso(not Ferrari but red cars nonetheless)in the 70’s.

Storm13

Juniors
Strong rumour of Sainz being given the Ferrari seat. Seems premature. Also Ricciardo to McLaren is making the rounds. prefer if he stays witg Renault.