What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s Four Nations - Captaincy Nominations

Jesbass

First Grade
The international season is almost upon us and it'll be kicking off on October 17th with short, 6-day turn arounds...and we need captains!

The teams are:
New Zealand (current Four Nations champions...) :D
Australia
Great Britain
Papua New Guinea

Please feel free to nominate either yourself or someone else, and get ready to represent your nation! :thumn

Willow

Assistant Moderator
New Zealand - Jesbass
Australia - Azkatro
Great Britain & Ireland - Big Mick
Papua New Guinea - Titanic

And if fortunate enough to be selected, I'd like nothing more than to play in the GB&I side with Big Mick.

Jesbass

First Grade
New Zealand - LeagueNut

I'd also like to second Willow's other nominations.

I'm going to suggest all nominations be in the thread no later than Thursday 13th, with captains named and contacted on Friday 14th, with the first matches kicking off on Monday 17th.

Carn, reps! Nominate someone to lead your country!

edabomb

First Grade
I want to nominate Edabomb for captaincy of the Australian Side.

Cheers for the nomination joshie but I reckon Azkatro is the man for the Australian job! Plus I'm a Kiwi!

I'd like to nominate joshie for PNG given Titanic's unavailability.

joshie

Live Update Team
Changed my mind - If I am needed I will happily put my name up to appear as PNG captain for the greater good of this comp :)

Jesbass

First Grade
The captains have been notified, but I haven't had any confirmations as of yet... :?

Jesbass

First Grade
Given the lack of response from captains and the unavailability of numerous players, I'm going to ask that the Four Nations be postponed by one week to allow captains to recruit a squad, while also allowing the dust from the Grand Final to settle between matches.

Any objections, let me know. If not, I'll make it official later tonight.

P.S. Go Kiwis! :D

If it needs to be done Jesbass, let it be.
I will also be switching my sides, will make myself available for Great Britain this series.

Big Mick

Referee
Sorry Dave. I thought I'd responded.

I'm happy if we delay a week or two if people want to. Got a lot of stuff going at work atm so its pretty hectic.

Jesbass

First Grade
That's consensus enough for me!

I'll touch base with Azkatro to ask him to change the dates on the website. :thumn

Azkatro

First Grade
Hi guys. Thanks for the nomination but I can't commit to captaincy at the moment sorry.

Azkatro

First Grade
Yep, sure thing! What are the exact dates? Also, I can commit to play one or two farewell games for the Kangaroos. I'm just sorry that I can't give up enough time to manage the team as well.