What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faaarrkk! Mottram's fall

NPK

Bench
Craig Mottram you poor poor man. What happened to him really sucks..especially as it was totally out of his control...very disappointing.

madison

Juniors
Wasn't that kiwi a medal contender anyways??
We seem to laugh at the kiwis when we beat them, but think we did them a favour 'handed them a medal' when we lose to them.

I did feel sorry for Craig. Poor bugger.

He was a contender, but from what the commentators said Craig was in great position right before he fell. I think he would've caught him, who would've thought we'd end up with one of the best distance runners in the World.

AuckMel

Bench
Going on the commentary so far, the Aussies would have had Mottram winning the race before it started.

Tough luck to the Aussie bloke, but your teams had more than its fair share in the last week and a bit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was always gonne be between Wills (kiwi) and Motram for gold, but the fall made it alot easier for the kiwi

bad luck for Mottram in front of his home crowd,

Nick Willis actually beat Mottram over 1500m about 3 weeks ago in the Melnourne IAAF gand prix by a couple of seconds. Credit where its due, Willis is a future superstar

aussies1st

Staff member
Craig was in the form of his life, he would have won it. Definitely made the race a lot closer than it was in the end.

Iafeta

Referee
Citizen.Eras3d said:
He was a contender, but from what the commentators said Craig was in great position right before he fell. I think he would've caught him, who would've thought we'd end up with one of the best distance runners in the World.

The Australian commentators would spooge themselves over a banana peel dressed in yellow and green. They're pathetic, the new age Tony Grieg's for sure.

Iafeta

Referee
To give an idea of the Australian journalism for the games, read two articles in the Tele on Craig Mottram's fall, neither mentioned who won the bloody race...

NPK

Bench
Iafeta said:
The Australian commentators would spooge themselves over a banana peel dressed in yellow and green. They're pathetic, the new age Tony Grieg's for sure.
Did other countries who covered the Games have their own commentators? If so, they would also have focussed on their own athletes.

Citizen.Eras3d said:

nick willis was the highest ranked runner in the field. a month ago willis kicked mottrems ass in wanganui. willis even had a lot to spare at the finish.

aussies1st

Staff member
NPK said:
Did other countries who covered the Games have their own commentators? If so, they would also have focussed on their own athletes.

NZ has their own commentators they were all over the win. Its what you expect, bias towards your home country.

Iafeta

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Some sheep shagger is he?:lol:

Oh... ho ho ho ho... Grab me the stitches, my sides are splitting. Lockyno1, thats the funniest and most intellectual thing you've ever said on these forums... ho ho ho ho... You're killing me...

AuckMel

Bench
Iafeta said:
To give an idea of the Australian journalism for the games, read two articles in the Tele on Craig Mottram's fall, neither mentioned who won the bloody race...

Has there been a more biased coverage of an International event in this country?

Even during the Olympics the coverage was never this bad. Even my Aussie friends at work think its way OTT.

NPK

Bench
If you don't want to hear the commentators raving about the Aussies, go to a different country and watch the Games from there. :p :lol: