What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fa'alogo to plead not guilty

V1er

Juniors
I think the ref was telling porkies, i didnt hear a whistle sound for a penalty until after the punch.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
whether its an illegal tackle or not the problem Fa'alogo has is that he connected.

He should and will get suspended and i think him pleading not guilty is more to do with getting a down grade. He cant plead guilty to a grade 4 then ask for a down grade.

did anasta deserve a punch?? i dont know i dont know what pressure Fa'alogo had on his neck and what he felt but we cant send a message to other players and junior players that its all sweet to knock a player around if you dont like what happened.

Fa'alogo has apologised for his actions and for all those people calling him a grub you obviously havent seen to many of his games or even spoken to him to find out what a genuine person he is.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Dkos said:
It is completely different to the Danny Williams incident, anyone who suggests they are similar has rocks in their head and I question their mental stability.

Danny Williams chased Mark O'Neill over eight metres, and then hit him in the back of the head. David Fa'alogo hit Braith Anasta in the chin after Anasta was standing over him after an illegal tackle (yes an illegal tackle, he would not have been penalised if it was legal).

Anasta was not penalised for a grapple. The match review committee agreed that it was no grapple. Anasta was penalised for holding the player down excessivly.

Red Bear

Referee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zULmsV_nUGg&mode=related&search=
Notice Braith is not looking when he hits, he is getting ready at marker. The tackle looks fairly regulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqMZhwiJREA&mode=related&search=
Here we see as above, altho we get a shot of the tackle. I dont like that tackling style at all but it isnt the classic grapple, these tacles are made hundreds of times throughout the year. Even so the punch is not even close to warrented.

Enjoy 7 weeks on the sideline David

He was choking him, not grappling. He was applying force to his f**king throat, suck sh*t anyway hes a cat and deserved to be clocked in the face.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dragonsforthewin said:
He was choking him, not grappling. He was applying force to his f**king throat, suck sh*t anyway hes a cat and deserved to be clocked in the face.

What if Gasnier did that to Fui Fui Moi Moi and Fui punched out Gasnier....would you say the same thing?

Mr Saab

Referee
Fair enough. Just dont complain in future if it does actually happen to one of the Dragons players

I wouldn't. Alot of people here have not been in a fight, so it is hard for them to differentiate (sp?) a fair fight from a dog fight. It's part and parcel with the game guys, always has been. These players fight so intensly on the field battling for every inch of ground, some times frustrations blow up like this. We shouldn't encourage it from happening, but we should understand that it can happen.

The incident last saturday with anasta and fa'alongo is considered a fight, however the NRL knows it will recieve a massive outcry from fans if they don't give him a harsh penalty.

It cannot be compared with any other incident in the NRL, it is a unique part of NRL history and they need to judge it without emotion or other peoples predicted emotions.

Was he provoked? If so how?

Did he hit him from behind or when he was not looking?

Was he face to face with him when he threw the first punch?

All these questions need to be taken into consideration.

5 Weeks for fighting is absurd.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Rocky Rabbit said:
Fa'alogo has apologised for his actions and for all those people calling him a grub you obviously havent seen to many of his games or even spoken to him to find out what a genuine person he is.

i was waiting for someon to use the 'he's a good bloke' defence. thing is doenst matter whether he's a good bloke, he did a dog act and will now get 7 deserved weeks for it. you could also say 'it's not his go' and try and justify it that way :roll:

oh and i forgot that apologising excuses his behaviour :sarcasm:

dftw you have no f**king idea:crazy:

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
i was waiting for someon to use the 'he's a good bloke' defence. thing is doenst matter whether he's a good bloke, he did a dog act and will now get 7 deserved weeks for it. you could also say 'it's not his go' and try and justify it that way :roll:

oh and i forgot that apologising excuses his behaviour :sarcasm:

dftw you have no f**king idea:crazy:

Look, it's not his go.

Free Frog!

Dragonsforthewin said:
It's a fight, if anasta is too much of a pussy not to throw one back, Fa'alongo shouldn't have to be suspended for 5 weeks..

This will make players scared to fight now knowing they will face similar charges if they fight and throw a good punch..

It's making the game a cat game like afl and only slaps are allowed. It's ruining the game.

If anasta didn't start him by CHOKING him in the first place then you can say it was unprovoked.

Anasta did exactly the right thing some goose punched him and Anasta stepped away without retaliation.

He let the ref handle the situation as was completely correct and what is in the rulebook.

Fa-drongo, will now suffer the appropriate consequences.

yobbo84

Coach
Below is an excerpt from http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/new...1188783239052.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Despite the lengthy ban hanging over his head, Fa'alogo was named for Saturday night's sold-out finals clash with Manly at Brookvale Oval, and Souths coach Jason Taylor confirmed that the Rabbitohs were set to present some explosive evidence at the hearing.

"We don't think it's as black and white as it looks," Taylor said. "We feel there is something we can defend there. I don't really want to talk too much about it. There'll be plenty of press about it once it's done."

I wonder what their case would be? It would have to be something extra-ordinary for Dave to get off. There must be something we don't know.

eagle rock

Juniors
Hmmm...not guilty...Geoff Bellew director at Manly leagues in charge of a souths players' defence coming into a semi with both clubs....there's a conspiracy theory in the offering there!!:) :p

black cat

Juniors
Dragonsforthewin said:
I wouldn't. Alot of people here have not been in a fight, so it is hard for them to differentiate (sp?) a fair fight from a dog fight. It's part and parcel with the game guys, always has been. These players fight so intensly on the field battling for every inch of ground, some times frustrations blow up like this. We shouldn't encourage it from happening, but we should understand that it can happen.

The incident last saturday with anasta and fa'alongo is considered a fight, however the NRL knows it will recieve a massive outcry from fans if they don't give him a harsh penalty.

It cannot be compared with any other incident in the NRL, it is a unique part of NRL history and they need to judge it without emotion or other peoples predicted emotions.

Was he provoked? If so how?

Did he hit him from behind or when he was not looking?

Was he face to face with him when he threw the first punch?

All these questions need to be taken into consideration.

5 Weeks for fighting is absurd.

saint you are a f**kin clown,ive been in fights on the field and ive been king hit on the field and let me give you the heads up,being king hit didnt feel like i was in a fight.to say that was considered a fight is like saying hiroshima was in a fight

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the explosive evidence will be that faalongo is secretly an alien from out of space and not subject to the laws of puny earthlings

wish they televised the judiciary, the defence is sure to be hilarious - "he said bad things about my mum"

black cat said:
saint you are a f**kin clown,ive been in fights on the field and ive been king hit on the field and let me give you the heads up,being king hit didnt feel like i was in a fight.to say that was considered a fight is like saying hiroshima was in a fight

Japan was in a fight, it was called World War 2.