What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faf du Plessis named captain of World XI to travel to Pakistan

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_...orld-xi-squad-travel-pakistan-play-three-t20i

3 t20s to be played in Pakistan v Pakistan in September, hopefully this is a small step to getting more internationals played there, and in the end full on tours to Pakistan can resume.

When I heard 3 aussies made this world side I thought Smith , Starc and possibly Warner

anyway here it is....

World XI squad Faf du Plessis (capt), Hashim Amla, Samuel Badree, George Bailey, Paul Collingwood, Ben Cutting, Grant Elliott, Tamim Iqbal, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Tim Paine, Thisara Perera, Imran Tahir, Darren Sammy

Bazal

Post Whore
Looks like mostly a squad of players who do well in IPL/CPL/BBL and so on rather than an international squad (plus Ben Cutting for some reason), so I'm not sure about the World XI tag....but anyway. Would be good to see tours to Pakistan go ahead so any step is a good step, but unfortunately I just can't see much coming of it with the political situation in that part of the world.

mozza91

Coach
A middle order of Bailey, a 58 year old Collingwood and Grant Elliot will strike serious fear into the hearts of any opponent.