What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fair Dinkum

PARRA_FAN

Coach
CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
PARRA_FAN said:
True

Manly were the ones that wanted them kicked out, they agreed to merge with 'em and then they wanted to stand alone, the Bears' fans really hate em now, especially Arko and Zorba. Central Coast needs a rugby league team, otherwise league would be taken over by yawnion and Express Advocate would be a complete waste, something most of us dont want.

Screw Manly, Lets bring the bears back to where theyve shouldve been.

I didnt know Denarse Fitzgerald posts at League unlimited.

What do u mean, Fitzgerald couldnt give a rats *rse if there was a team on the Central Coast.

The post would be more like:

"Lets kick Manly out, lets kick Souths out, lets kick Melbourne, theres too many teams, lets merge with Penrith, Smiths a great coach, he should coach NSW, lets have a 12 team competition". :roll:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Central Coastie said:
The solution is simple. despite the typical manly propaganda above.

Relocate Manly to the Gold Coast. Why? Because they've had no money for many years and that hasn't and won't change. Manly have form for this - that's why they tried to relocate to the Central Coast in exchange for News Ltd cash. Manly were kicked off the coast because the central Coast people were promised a CC Bears team and ended up with a maroon and white Eagles team.

So, relocate Manly to the Gold Coast (Arko already lives there). CC Bears are the 16th team funded by Singleton. Everybody's happy and Manly finally get some money - again

I happy, except I dont think everybody would be happy. At least that idea is better than the "Crazy Johns Eagles" plan.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Central Coastie said:
The solution is simple. despite the typical manly propaganda above.

Relocate Manly to the Gold Coast. Why? Because they've had no money for many years and that hasn't and won't change. Manly have form for this - that's why they tried to relocate to the Central Coast in exchange for News Ltd cash. Manly were kicked off the coast because the central Coast people were promised a CC Bears team and ended up with a maroon and white Eagles team.

So, relocate Manly to the Gold Coast (Arko already lives there). CC Bears are the 16th team funded by Singleton. Everybody's happy and Manly finally get some money - again

And that is manlys fault how ????
Norths were insolvent unknowBroke. no cash in the back- up to their ears in debt
So in your wisdom your saying it was manlys fault....
It pissed down with rain constantly in 1998-99
That Neil Whitaker lied to the bears about being save if they moved
That the norths incompentant admin open their cheque book like there was no tommorow during the 90s
That the Norths Chairman and CEO ordered and used companies cars that were worth more than $90 000 in 1999 and then could only pay their players 17c in the dollar.
Please be honest you are a norths fan, it is so obvious they way you blame everyone for your own problems.

MANLY are here to stay our sponsorship dollars are growing everyday and even though we had abad season on field manly were having record sales on merchandise week in week out last season.

The misguided people of the central coast took a risk when they decided to boycott games in 2002, they thought they could kill manly off to get their own team. Didnt that one backfire.

Central Coastie

Juniors
Cliffy

You should know some facts before you shoot your mouth off.

the Norths CEO you mentioned (who overspent on cars) happens to be a valuable member of the Manly management team - very highly regarded by Peter Peters.

You really have no idea.

Special K

Coach
Don't worry about Cliffy. He is just some pizza boy.

if we have to many nsw teams. Then simple...Piss Manly off for the Bears on the coast. Manly have no money, shit crowds and a shit team. Why are they still around?

Fact is when the CC boycotted the NE they were getting just as good crowds still as Manly are right now :lol: . 7000 is a joke, just like their club.

Bring back the bears!

Briza

Juniors
BEARS ARE DEAD GET OVER IT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You bears inbreads blame Manly for everything including sept 11.

your board fvcked you over not Manly, so get over it goose.

Central Coastie

Juniors
Another in-depth comment from a Manly inbred.

If not for Norths and the central Coast, Manly would have been exposed as being broke and been unable to use News Ltd money to survive.

Manly are still broke and being proppoed up by the NRL. Why don't the NRL force them to pay the ex NE players like they promised.

Simple solution. send Manly to the Gold Coast. bring on the CC Bears. everyone's happy.

Briza

Juniors
Man what a moron, Manly were only 50% of the jv and have payed the players 75% of money owed, how much have nth's payed ???? $0.00

When are nth's going to pay the player thier 50% of money owed??? - NEVER !!!!

At least try and be rational before you post d!ckhead.

Central Coastie

Juniors
Briza

Arrogance. Blowhard. But no grey matter. Standard manly behaviour.

Norths paid their players. They got together and agreed an arrangement because they were in administration. it's the law, moron. Norths have fulfilled their obligations.

Manly promised to pay NE players then backflipped.

One day, Kimmorely or Stringer may sue Manly. They will show how broke Manly are in court. then Manly can finally be exposed - and kicked out of NSW to fester on the Gold Coast - or kicked out altogether.

Believe me - it is in your interests to keep this quiet. You should shut up and enjoy the fact that Manly's ARL friends are keeping the life support system on for you.

Briza

Juniors
BAHAHAHAHAHA - thats gotta be the funniest post I've ever read - LMFAO!!!!!

You nth's scum will never learn!!.

Manly is back, and in a very strong position we will never die!!!

you really have to stop reading the murdockgraph :lol: :lol: :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Question: How do we ruin a great discussion about the merits of expansion in the NRL?

Answer: Get Manly fans involved.

Manly fans, Norths are dead. Move on, unless you can't win a fight against live things (and seeing that only poor old Souths stood between you and the spoon, I'd say that all that supposed megarich sponsorship dollars garbage is more of a propaganda beat up than the Rugby World Cup!)

Now, bacdk to more serious proposals.

With expansion, what are we trying to achieve? Consolidation of existing League strongholds with an NRL team?Or expansion nito new areas using an NRL team as a flagship?

The former calls for a new team no teh Gold Coast AND the Central Coast. State boundaries noly exist when selecting Origin teams, so they should not be included here. Suffice to say, both proposals are excellent. The GC idea has the Broncos monopoly argument. The CC idea has the Singo/GrahamPark argument. Both should be accepted. The Bears should resurrect themselves at Gosford, and a Sydney team should locate to the Gold Coast, with Manly and Cronulla the picks.

The latter calls for a braver gamble. With Adelaide and Perth it is a case of been there, done that. However, they went without junior development (although the WARL was very proactive at the time). Junior development is paramount in the sucesof a club where tradition doesn't exist. Strong juniors make striong clubs. Penrith are a case in point. Cast strapped Newcastle have won 2 recent premierships.

Let's not forget the 2nd NZ team idea. I reckon it would be the same safe bet as a Gosford or Carrara based side. Juniors abound (at least Union ones do). TV exposure would be great. Patriotism would generate interest.

I favoura16 team comp involving Central Coast, Gold Coast and Wellington. And, even though it would never happen, I would support Parramatta relocating, providing it was in the best interests of the club and the game as a whole.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Hulkamanic 36 said:
Don't worry about Cliffy. He is just some pizza boy.

if we have to many nsw teams. Then simple...Piss Manly off for the Bears on the coast. Manly have no money, sh*t crowds and a sh*t team. Why are they still around?

Fact is when the CC boycotted the NE they were getting just as good crowds still as Manly are right now :lol: . 7000 is a joke, just like their club.

Bring back the bears!
Attention Mods
This post must be a personal attack against me.
Can action be taken please

CliffyGC

Juniors
Central Coastie said:
Cliffy

You should know some facts before you shoot your mouth off.

the Norths CEO you mentioned (who overspent on cars) happens to be a valuable member of the Manly management team - very highly regarded by Peter Peters.

You really have no idea.
As a matter of fact im well aware that Bob Suanders plays a minor role in Merchandise at the manly club. Thats a significant demotion to the CEO role he had at Norths. I have spoken to Bob via email and at Brookvale Oval and he seems to be a nice bloke however the facts remain He and beattie sent the bears broke and you indeed Coastie have no idea at all.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Central Coastie said:
Another in-depth comment from a Manly inbred.

If not for Norths and the central Coast, Manly would have been exposed as being broke and been unable to use News Ltd money to survive.

Manly are still broke and being proppoed up by the NRL. Why don't the NRL force them to pay the ex NE players like they promised.

Simple solution. send Manly to the Gold Coast. bring on the CC Bears. everyone's happy.
Coastie Clown i think you should get your facts straight those players have since been paid. When Manly LEagues took over the club in July hmmmm and they got 100 cents in a dollar. Exactly 83 cents more than the norths players in 1999 got you hypocrite.
Wake up you flea manly didnt have to merge they choose to because they thought it would be better finaincially they were wrong.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Question: How do we ruin a great discussion about the merits of expansion in the NRL?

Answer: Get Manly fans involved.

Manly fans, Norths are dead. Move on, unless you can't win a fight against live things (and seeing that only poor old Souths stood between you and the spoon, I'd say that all that supposed megarich sponsorship dollars garbage is more of a propaganda beat up than the Rugby World Cup!)

Now, bacdk to more serious proposals.

With expansion, what are we trying to achieve? Consolidation of existing League strongholds with an NRL team?Or expansion nito new areas using an NRL team as a flagship?

The former calls for a new team no teh Gold Coast AND the Central Coast. State boundaries noly exist when selecting Origin teams, so they should not be included here. Suffice to say, both proposals are excellent. The GC idea has the Broncos monopoly argument. The CC idea has the Singo/GrahamPark argument. Both should be accepted. The Bears should resurrect themselves at Gosford, and a Sydney team should locate to the Gold Coast, with Manly and Cronulla the picks.

The latter calls for a braver gamble. With Adelaide and Perth it is a case of been there, done that. However, they went without junior development (although the WARL was very proactive at the time). Junior development is paramount in the sucesof a club where tradition doesn't exist. Strong juniors make striong clubs. Penrith are a case in point. Cast strapped Newcastle have won 2 recent premierships.

Let's not forget the 2nd NZ team idea. I reckon it would be the same safe bet as a Gosford or Carrara based side. Juniors abound (at least Union ones do). TV exposure would be great. Patriotism would generate interest.

I favoura16 team comp involving Central Coast, Gold Coast and Wellington. And, even though it would never happen, I would support Parramatta relocating, providing it was in the best interests of the club and the game as a whole.
Misty Bee you are a cretin.
Its that simple Manly Warringah DRLFC has never ever been insolvent however in october 1999 the North Sydney DRLFC was at that point they lost any right to be in the elite competition. Misguidedly Manly decided to merge as we were going to get a license in 2000. The Jv folded and manly are back. Norths arent and in now way deserve to be.

Rugby league in this country does need to expand The gold coast has to be the next club and im sure will be. There is no need for a small city like the Central Coast to be in a national comp when down the road there is another regional side in the way of newcastle. Newcastle despite all their onfield success struggle as it financially. The only hope for the CC is a merger with the Knights.

The gold coast has to be 1st with plans to be put in place for Perth to comeback and the adelaide. Our game has more chance of succeed in those states than victoria. Without super league the Perth Reds would still be around today they had the right infrastructure in place before the war.

Central Coastie

Juniors
The original Cliffy was a tremendous player - ex-Bear, of course.

The Cliffy on this site has no idea - but sadly believes his own rubbish.

Manly didn't have to merge? But they decided to flick Brookvale, move to the Central Coast and leave their fans behind? Sure thing. LOL

Then he sledges a bloke who works at his own club!

Manly sack Fatty and Magilla - but they leave an ex-Norths bloke there.

Cliffy, you shouldn't go on about stuff you don't know and can't understand.

Face facts. manly are now a broke, cellar dwelling also ran - propped up by Arko's old mates at the NRL. Hard to take - but it's the truth.

I, like every other clear thinking NRL supporter, hate Manly with a passion. I would be quite happy to see them relocated to Antarctica to play with the Penguins.

Bullet Manly and bring in the CC Bears with Singo's money.

I'd like to see that.

CliffyGC

Juniors
Central Coastie said:
The original Cliffy was a tremendous player - ex-Bear, of course.

The Cliffy on this site has no idea - but sadly believes his own rubbish.

Manly didn't have to merge? But they decided to flick Brookvale, move to the Central Coast and leave their fans behind? Sure thing. LOL

Then he sledges a bloke who works at his own club!

Manly sack Fatty and Magilla - but they leave an ex-Norths bloke there.

Cliffy, you shouldn't go on about stuff you don't know and can't understand.

Face facts. manly are now a broke, cellar dwelling also ran - propped up by Arko's old mates at the NRL. Hard to take - but it's the truth.
dont let the facts get in the way of a good argument will you.
We never flicked brookvale we still played half our games there. Fatty Vautin resigned as a result of smear capagin run by media fleas R.Hadley and R wilson as well as they fact he has issues with some people in the leagues club. As i said in is a great man and saved our club and to prove to you why ian resigned here an email i got from him after he did resign and i sent him a thank you note.

----- Original Message -----
To: cam smith
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Thank You {Scanned}

Cam,
Many thanks for your kind words.
The past few years have been a labour of love working for the Sea Eagles. To see them back at Brookie in the maroon and white has been very satisfying.
It is with a great deal of saddness that I leave. However it is also the right thing to do, at this time. Those that know and understand the business end of our game are full of praise for the what we have done over the past two seasons. To run a club on a budget half that of some of our rivals and still be competitive on the field is nothing short of amazing (their words not mine). We are without doubt the lowest funded team in the game, by MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. While this is a wonderful effort it is not sustainable. Fans want to win games. To do this we need more money. More money equals better players. Paul Cummings will bring money to the table that I cannot. For this reason alone he is best able to move the club forward.
I am confident that I do leave the club much, much better than I found it. For this reason I can walk away with my head held high.
Thanks to you and your mates for the support you have given the club and me. There was something very encouraging about knowing you people were with us in the fight to get our club back.
See you at Brookie.
Regards and thanks, Ian
As for Bob suanders i have no problem with him workin in merchandise in manly i would have a problem with him begin ceo.

Once again i wait for you to put ure negative norths spin on things.

CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
----- Original Message -----
To: cam smith
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 7:49 AM
Subject: Re: Thank You {Scanned}

Cam,
Many thanks for your kind words.
The past few years have been a labour of love working for the Sea Eagles. To see them back at Brookie in the maroon and white has been very satisfying.
It is with a great deal of saddness that I leave. However it is also the right thing to do, at this time. Those that know and understand the business end of our game are full of praise for the what we have done over the past two seasons. To run a club on a budget half that of some of our rivals and still be competitive on the field is nothing short of amazing (their words not mine). We are without doubt the lowest funded team in the game, by MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. While this is a wonderful effort it is not sustainable. Fans want to win games. To do this we need more money. More money equals better players. Paul Cummings will bring money to the table that I cannot. For this reason alone he is best able to move the club forward.
I am confident that I do leave the club much, much better than I found it. For this reason I can walk away with my head held high.
Thanks to you and your mates for the support you have given the club and me. There was something very encouraging about knowing you people were with us in the fight to get our club back.
See you at Brookie.
Regards and thanks, Ian

As for Bob suanders i have no problem with him workin in merchandise in manly i would have a problem with him begin ceo.

Once again i wait for you to put ure negative norths spin on things.

< ------------- Insert vomitting emoticon here.