What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faith on the Line.

beekershark

Bench
Okay lads.

Here's the drum.

Beekerman loves the sharks and I belive we will beat the Eels this week. Yes. you heard me right . My Bookie also heard me, today.

I've taken a huge bite of the $2.75 being offered on the boys to make the eight, by huge bite I mean enough cabbage to buy a mid sized european family sedan.

I've also had a nibble at the sharks to make the top 4- unlikely, but if what I think will happen this saturday happens, ie a good win to the boys, we will be on our way, and the $101 was too good to knock back, worth wagering the price of a night on the piss in Sydney for the team one loves I reckon......

Cronulla are $1.40 top MISS the top 8...I suggest all you Naysayers get on that, 40% on ya money for a month sh*ts on anything any bank will offer you....you;re all so f**king sure of yourselves that the team you love is sh*t and poorley coached then you'd be f**king idiots not to take 40% on such a certaintly. No doubt you're all cashing in your super and empyting your ING accounts at this very minute laying every last cent of your savings on such a certainty eh ???

I thought , If i'm that keen on backing em to win this weekend, and hence wedge in big time on a top 8 finish, well I might have a look at the price for the "new competition" that starts in the semis................. I Jumped on the "make the GF option " at $34 and had a little tickle at the $81 premiership market too for the boys.

Hey, if i'm gunna support em I'm gunna have a crack at the juciey prices.;-)

My bookie is a little worried and has reserved his right to wait until tomorrow 7am to frame the head to head market for the Eels V Sharks clash. Unfortunately due to todays activities the price may not be as attractive for the sharks win option as people may hope for....but that's okay, if he doesnt throw up a decent price Im sure someone else will happily take my money.

I'm open to any offers by the way :)

jc155776

Coach
Put my first 20 on the sharks this year when we played the Cowboys after winning 1 from 5 and they were going for 8 straight. Then laid 20 on them for every game of our good run EXCEPT the doggies game. Stopped before the brissie game and have stayed of them since.

Will be putting 20 on them this weekend. Might as well chuck 5 on them for top 4, top 8 and to make the Grand Final...

beekershark

Bench
Thanks Jordo.

NO sweat Poges, any price a winner :) I guess you must be taking a huge whack at that 40% return eh mate ? good luck with that mate, I never bag a bloke for having a bet on his whim.

pogo

Juniors
120/1 to win the comp
13/1 to make the top 4
7/4 to make the 8

thats whats available!

beekershark

Bench
Mate, I don't look at it that way. I'm still way ahead after backing the boys to beat the roosters at $4.25 at the SFS when Noddy was out and sully played halfback. The roosters never got a look in that day.

Mate, any sharks fan worth their salt knows the time to get on them is when they are furthest thing from being a favorite since Mel Gibson turned up at the synagogue :)

beekershark

Bench
pogo said:
120/1 to win the comp
13/1 to make the top 4
7/4 to make the 8

thats whats available!

well, how is 13/1 to make top 4 better than the $101 I got Pogo ????

7/4 wasnt available at the volume I wanted mate, and the 120/1 to win the comp also came into $81 after my bet.

Check tomorrows sheets.

imasharkie

Coach
thanks Beeks.

I had already backed the sharkies to win at the beginning of the season @ $ 34.

So the two new odds looked to good to miss, so jumped on both those bets and will be forever in your debt.

Cheers.

beekershark

Bench
imasharkie said:
thanks Beeks.

So the two new odds looked to good to miss, so jumped on both those bets and will be forever in your debt.

Cheers.

That's my boy !

so Pogo, you never answered, obviously you have taken the 40% return on the boys to miss the 8 ? you have made it clear ( you've hardly been robinson crusoe mind you) that you don't think they'll be there.

jc155776

Coach
imasharkie said:
thanks Beeks.

Cheers.

HAHAHAHA I love IMA.

He loves his sharkies regardless.

pogo

Juniors
beekershark, cronulla have been kind to me over the last four weeks .

i backed them at 2.30 to miss the 8 mate.

you say you got 100/1.....

120/1 is still freely available.

you dont mention what price you took to make the top 4

i hope they dont win another game!

thats the best long term result.

11/8 at a minimum is available this week vs parra..........so

why anyone would take 7/4 to make the 8 is the big question.

were you pissed when you made the bet?

jc155776

Coach
imasharkie said:
C'mon jc get on down to the Cowboys club and whack a bit of your own doe on the sharkies.

Already have mate already have!

Will be paying the rent for a few months with the pickup!

Macca

Coach
Beeks! You're not gambling your faith mate! Your gambling with doh.

All the form says you're gonna do your ass there mate but knowing you it's probably the safest bet on the planet.

I'm going to stay away from it though. Good luck.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I got two mates who are very stuanch Parra fans, so a Sharks win will be even sweeter now as I'm going to have a small punt on the game.

fizman

Bench
Sneaky, What have you done???????? Split your investment and put 50% on a Cronulla win at 1-12 and the other 50% on a Cronulla win at 13+. Surely THAT would be much better than the straight $2.75???