What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous Games

Stomp

Juniors
What do you think some of the most famous games to have ever been played?

Including State of Origins, Internationals..

I remember one a few years back where Darren Lockyer kicked a drop gaol for a 8-9 victory! I forget when it was though .. anyone remember?

I'll probably remember when I wake up ... lol ... I haven't gone to bed yet and it's almost 4AM

Stomp

Raider_69

Post Whore
Wests/Raiders @ Canberra this year

what was so famous about that game?

i would nominate the Tigers/Raiders game in canberra a few years back, only game played in the snow, and was a close and good game to boot :clap:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Warriors vs Broncos at Ericsson in 2003.

That game was the best game i've ever been at (including 04 Grand Final).

innsaneink

Referee
Raider_69 said:

i would nominate the Tigers/Raiders game in canberra a few years back, only game played in the snow, and was a close and good game to boot :clap:

Only time a coach has been fined for saying nothing.

Raider_69

Post Whore
innsaneink said:
Raider_69 said:

Only time a coach has been fined for saying nothing.

he wasnt fined for saying nothing
he was fined for not turning up, had he turned up and said nothing then i wouldnt think the NRL would have a leg to stand on

DJ Raida

Bench
Raiders vs easts 2000 or 2001

Raiders have no bench (all injured) and jason croker is playing on a sprained ankle or sumthing is wrong with his ankle i forget- 10 minutes to go were behind and score 2 tries to win the game

Raider_69

Post Whore
Greenraider said:
Raiders vs easts 2000 or 2001

Raiders have no bench (all injured) and jason croker is playing on a sprained ankle or sumthing is wrong with his ankle i forget- 10 minutes to go were behind and score 2 tries to win the game

that game will be famous for raiders fans but im not sure other fans will remember it at all

it was the reason for the inception of the John Sattler Award thou

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
Wests Tigers (the 2nd last team) v Parramatta Eels (the 2nd team and minor premiers and grandfinalists) in round 2 of the 2002 season i think (it was the season after newcaslte won).

Leichhardt Oval
Tigers tipped to loose by 30+ points to the premiership favourties
Pack House
sunny sunday
I have never seen so much courage by a team! Bravo Wests Tigers!
For me, that game is the bench mark of all games. I am yet to see a better game!

skeepe

Immortal
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
Wests Tigers (the 2nd last team) v Parramatta Eels (the 2nd team and minor premiers and grandfinalists) in round 2 of the 2002 season i think (it was the season after newcaslte won).

Leichhardt Oval
Tigers tipped to loose by 30+ points to the premiership favourties
Pack House
sunny sunday
I have never seen so much courage by a team! Bravo Wests Tigers!
For me, that game is the bench mark of all games. I am yet to see a better game!

I was at that game, it was bloody brilliant. Who was the Parramatta player who tried to dig a hole with his head? Was it Vaeliki?

Fampa

Juniors
Western Suburbs v Manly, a Friday night game about six years back. Can't remember the year. The Maggies were coming last and they kicked a field goal from 50 meters out with 10 seconds to go to win the match. Or something like that. I'm not even a Magpies supporter, just loved seeing Manly get beaten. :lol:

Other than that, Melbourne winning a grand final with a penalty try is pretty special.

skeepe

Immortal
I think the 2003 "Grand Final that Never Was" match was a pretty special one too, one of the best games of footy I've seen in a long time.

Mr Saab

Referee
Stomp said:
What do you think some of the most famous games to have ever been played?

Including State of Origins, Internationals..

I remember one a few years back where Darren Lockyer kicked a drop gaol for a 8-9 victory! I forget when it was though .. anyone remember?

I'll probably remember when I wake up ... lol ... I haven't gone to bed yet and it's almost 4AM

Stomp

that was August 1999 at the SFS...Roosters vs Broncos. It was a wet night and Lockyer kicked a field goal to break a 8 all deadlock with only seconds remaining. It was the weekend the Denver Broncos played the San Diego chargers at Telstra stadium.
That was brisbanes 11th win in a row and the next week they had a 26all draw with the eagles after leading 26-6.

Latest posts