What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fan Day (with pics)

hybrideel

Bench
OK Guys and Girls i just got home from the fan day. I have to say i was pretty disappointed with the organisation.
We got there at 11 thinking that like previous years the players will be walking around to get some photos with and stuff like that before the official signing session. Not to be. All the guys as soon as they got there which was around 11 walked straight into the VIP area in town hall and didn't come out until 10 to 1. They then went straight to the signing table and sat there for 30 minutes while the speeches went on with noone allowed to get anything signed while this was happening. By this time the lineup was down under the bridge to westfields and around the corner. at 20 past 1 the signing started. As we got there so early we were pretty much up ther front with only half a dozen people in front of us. By the time we got to FUI who was up first we had at least 50 in front thanks to the people pushing in and the security not doing a thing about it. It wasn't so bad for us but i'm sure there will be people who lined up for hours that miss out because they wont get to the table by 3. Then while we were getting stuff signed they get Hindy up to do a speech. He came back to the table when we were right at the end but went to the middle of the table. We were told that we can't go back to him to get it signed.
Also quite a few of the players didn't seem at all like they wanted to be there and made no attempt to hide the fact.
They has an interview with Tahu, Danny Green and Nathan Bracken as well but i couldn't here it from where i was standing in the lineup so i'm not sure what was said. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.
All in all i have been to most fan days and this was in my opinion the worst. No room, no access to get photos with the players and no organisation.
I will say however that this may have changed after i left as i went at 2 as we had already been there for 3 hours and my little boy was not happy.

I'll post the photos i took a little later once i shrink them enough to not take too long to load

Last edited:

Tyler Durden

Juniors
not exactly the best location to hold the event as the chuch street mall is very narrow for a big crowd.

i think that this year may be a one-off.
they usually hold the fan day in the carpark /bus bay between the stadium and the leagues club, and this location works well as there is a lot more space.
currently, there are some renovations going on in the car park as they are increasing the size of the car park ( lots of fences still up there ) so they may have decided to move the fan day this year because of the safety issues.

hybrideel

Bench
IMG_5266.jpg

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5274.jpg

IMG_5275.jpg

IMG_5276.jpg

Kornstar

Coach
Seriously, i am happy for players to have a personal life when they are not representing their club.....i don't care about peeing in streets etc. BUT when these players who are assumingly doing what they love for a living can't pretend for a day to embrace the fans it really pi$$es me off!!!!!

I have only been to one of these things and there were a few players at that one that were out and out rude to people just trying to get autographs.

Every other time there are these days it appears that this is common for some players to be precious!

I don't always like giving presentations and things in my job but i get paid very well to do it and never make it known that i don't want to be doing what i am doing!

Is it hard to be polite? Have manners?

The club should not tolerate that garbage, write it into their contract that they will face hefty fines if they treat their fans (the ones who ultimately pay their wages) like garbage!

I know that there are players who are very good and that is fantastic and it is always a small few who ruin it but unfortunately when a fan like Hybrideel's son is disappointed after a fan day then that looks bad for the club......

hybrideel

Bench
Kornstar i may have not explained myself properly a little there. My son is only 7 weeks old. He was just tired and cranky because he had been out for too long, it had nothing to do with the players

I have to say some of the lesser known players seemed thrilled to bits that people actually wanted their autograph. When a jersey or ball was passed to them they looked up to make sure that the person wanted them to sign it. None of the players were out and out rude, you could just tell that they didn't really want to be there.

And don't look at those photos to see who didn't look happy because i didn't ask any of them to pose for the photos except for the one with FUI and my son. there just wasn't time for any of that

Last edited:

Parra Steve

Juniors
I have to say allgood seems like a top kid, was chatting to people as he signed, Burt Mateo were also very good with the fans

big boppa eel

Juniors
Can anyone tell me how Jarryd was as he can be quite precious at times, just saying people dont get pissed, will be more than happy to hear how accomodating he was, my experience in the past as I have been to last 4 fan days at least is Hayne not giving a sh*t with a couple of others, though did not attend this one as was at the game last night and chose not to go this time around, once again very happy to be wrong.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Enough whinging ffs
Listen mate these guys make more money than anyone of us can dream of, so they should bite the f**ken bullet and humour us poor bastards and our kids who worship these guys and just pretend to give a sh*t, boys u play a big mans game how about acting the part, and by the way Mick people part with a sh*t load of hard earned a deserve better if today was as bad as being portrayed, u come across a very very pro players which at times i think clouds your judgement in general.

big boppa eel

Juniors
So we aren't allowed to voice our opinion on the organisation of an event where we lined up in the sun for a few hours to see the players?
Spot on mate, it the same as everyone saying its just a trial blah blah blah, people forget u still pay very good money to go to a trial if its treated as a nothing game, then charge people $10 dollars max.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
So we aren't allowed to voice our opinion on the organisation of an event where we lined up in the sun for a few hours to see the players?

Apparently not. There is a new culture here that promotes "toeing the line" no matter what. Just bow down to your betters and like someone else said - be thankful they are playing for you at all.

Or you can be like the rest of us - speak up when you want to, feel free to criticise or praise who you want, when you want.

For the others - there are the official press releases.

Bazal

Post Whore
Apparently not. There is a new culture here that promotes "toeing the line" no matter what. Just bow down to your betters and like someone else said - be thankful they are playing for you at all.

Or you can be like the rest of us - speak up when you want to, feel free to criticise or praise who you want, when you want.

For the others - there are the official press releases.

:lol: What rubbish, is that you pete?

Latest posts