What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy NRL Social Group

Spides

Juniors
In 2009 I started playing fantasy NRL through Nearly Sport with 15 of my mates. After a couple of successful seasons, we started to get more and more people wanting to play with us so I started up a social group and divided the participants up into 14 team divisions with promotions and relegations at the conclusion of each season.

This year there are 68 members in the social group and they are spread across 5 divisions with end of season prize money plus 12 of those people are also playing in a Champion's League which you qualify for from the year before.

This year I've also introduced an NRL tipping comp run through footytips with weekly and end of year prizes.

At the end of every year there is a presentation night where all the awards are handed out and everyone can get together for an end of season drink and catch up. Last year was an experimental black tie event held at the Canberra Irish Club which included a bar tab. It went surprisingly well for a first attempt at a formal function.

For a bit of background, in the early 2000's I played Virtual NRL and I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't play that anymore but then in 2009, I found Nearly Sport and I believe that it is easily the best fantasy NRL game I have played.

The social group is called Spider-Nation, it has its own website, and there is also a facebook group where everyone connects during the games and throughout the year.

If anybody is interested in joining the social group for 2016 or just wants more information, feel free to get in touch. The more the merrier.