What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fare evasion

How often do you fare evade?

• Total voters

Cliffhanger

Coach
City Rail piss me off so much, and lately I've developed the habit or fare evading, I used to just do it when I was in a massive rush and had no time to buy a ticket. Now I do it most of the time when I take public transport. It's bad I know, but I feel city rail deserve, their executives are over paid and useless and the cost of public transport constantly increases without the service improving.

I know it's still stealing, but f**k them, I am sure there's a viable way to make public transport free, maybe if we stopped spending so much money on ineffective ways to make a tangible reduction in carbon emissions this would be possible.

Anyway was just wondering who else here does it?

Dragon2010

First Grade
I've done it a few times. If there's a guard, cop or CityRail Worker around I'll just buy a concession ticket ($2.50). I agree, they constantly raise and hike prices without their pathetic excuse of a poorly managed, congested and outdated service. We've had no trains in the past few years, the old ones are dirty and disgusting as hell. It's an utter joke.

I've been done a few times on fare evasion where I've got on a train in a rush, so I buy a ticket every time now. With that said, I will catch a train less than half a dozen times a year.

Dani

Immortal
I bought a concession ticket once when I wasn't a concession. Epic rebel over here.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I once bought a concession ticket when I wasn't a concession, but I had a student card. I told the guards the sticker fell off so they asked what colour it was, I said something metallic, they let me go.

I take like ten trains a week during the semester.

Buy concession weekly tickets every week and save to money to pay the fines. Been caught once in 3 years so im very much in the black on this one

I commute to work via public transport every day. A bus and a train each way. 1 hour trip all up. I buy a "my multi" zone 2 each month. Costs me $200. I don't think the trains are that bad if you travel during commuter hours. It's late night and weekends where they are shit. The only complaint I have is that they are too crowded during the week. Otherwise, beats inner city traffic hands down.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Pension Excursion, 2.50 all day travel. I evade going between Hexham and newie. Just say I got on at Sandgate, they never had a ticket machine at the station, so they couldn't really do shit.

IanG

Coach
Many years ago use to all the time cause my travles were always on unattended stations. Though I once got caught out and copped the fine. At the time it was $100. Haven't done it since. The number of times I got away with it I'm still way out in front. Just as well I stopped because not long after that they brought in the blokes in the grey outfits

HowHigh

Coach
If I'm just catching a train around local suburbs in the gong then I don't buy a ticket
Had to buy one when I was working in Sydney...that'd be pretty embarrassing getting caught with no ticket lol