What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farewell.................Good-BYE

The BYE

• GoodBYE dont come back

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No make the competition an uneven number and bring it back

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deacon

First Grade
Yes Round 26 2006 will hopefully mean the end of the BYE forever with the Titans evening up the competition in 2007, so what was everyones thoughts on it, glad to see it go so you can watch ur team play week in week out or bad because you didnt mind a break or too thoughout the busy season.......

Bye's Career 2002-06
Games Played:130
Won:0
Drawn:0
Lost:130
Winning Percentage 0%

lockyno1

Post Whore
Wrong mate. There are still byes next year anyway. I don't know how it works but every team still gets byes.

gregstar

Referee
check your stats

i'm sure it rolled souths a few times.

& i'm sure barrett, ryles, gaz, timmo & head got injured playing against it as well.

sunny

one bye for each team next year i think.

Funniest thread of the year nomination to feelin' hornby

Deacon

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Wrong mate. There are still byes next year anyway. I don't know how it works but every team still gets byes.

Im pretty sure next year will be reduced to 24 rounds with Origin returning to weekends therefore those weekends Origin is played teams recive a break then

lockyno1

Post Whore
Feelin Hornby said:
Im pretty sure next year will be reduced to 24 rounds with Origin returning to weekends therefore those weekends Origin is played teams recive a break then

WRONG, WRONG and WRONG!

Origin on the weekends...um you are smoking some heavy stuff mate! The reason it is in the middle of the week is $$$$ and ratings. Won't be changing.

24 rounds, nope. It is still 26 rounds.

Teams receiving a break, what the heck. Only one game on a entire weekend. That defies any logic. Games are needed to generate income and ratings. The experiment of spit rounds failed in the past.

One bye each team will be happening next year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Feelin Hornby said:
wait im confused is Souths merging with the Bye in 2007

No, just becuas ethere are 16 teams does not mean there will be no BYE. One of the things that many of the clubs with large Origin reps wanted even with 16 or 18 teams is the BYE to be kept. That is fair in my opinion realistically. Plus it enables people to get a rest.

Deacon

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
WRONG, WRONG and WRONG!

Origin on the weekends...um you are smoking some heavy stuff mate! The reason it is in the middle of the week is $$$$ and ratings. Won't be changing.

24 rounds, nope. It is still 26 rounds.

Teams receiving a break, what the heck. Only one game on a entire weekend. That defies any logic. Games are needed to generate income and ratings. The experiment of spit rounds failed in the past.

One bye each team will be happening next year.

ar ok gotcha now though in theory the bye is dead and a break will be introduced as a Byes definition is for an uneven amount of teams and a break is time off

lockyno1

Post Whore
Technically yes but it is still called a bye. Every team will get one bye and it will be in the Origin period. So you in theory would have 2 byes before Origin 1, 2 after origin 1, 2 before SOO2, 2 after SOO2, 2 before SOO3, and 2 after SOO3. It would be something like that.

yakstorm

First Grade
One thing most people don't give the Bye credit for is that it has one of the best For/Against in the competition.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw the Bye let in a try.

Gibbo

Juniors
Remember that guy on 'Boots n all' who had a website dedicated to the bye? Look out for him marching up Phillip St placard in hand some time soon.
:crazy:

yobbo84

Coach
Guys... you're all wrong. The competition will be 25 rounds. Each team will play 24 games and receive 1 bye. There will be 4 'bye' rounds in the middle of the year, with 4 teams receiving a bye each round. They will be around Origin time.