What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrah v Ennis

typicalfan

Coach
Games 1 and 2 NSW had a pack of softcocks up against a far more superior Qld pack and Bench.

In Game three, Queensland were without Civoniceva and Hannant. No disrespect to the guys who filled in, but those shoes are massive and can't be filled.

No Hooker can gain any momentum or appear to play well behind a severaly dominated pack. It was even harder when he had 2 halves who were completely ineffective in every aspect. He instantly became the play maker from dummy half, and in Origin, that will not work.

Ultimately The NSW selectors almost got it right. I think Hayne at Fullback, Gidley at five-eighth, Kimmorley at halfback and Farah at Hooker behind a decent pack of forwards would have been good enough to win the series for NSW.

Ennis is devoid of skill and brains. He's just a grub. If he played in Origin 1 instead of Farah, he would have been belted into next week by the Maroons pack.

And the talk about Farah being soft is just crap.

Ennis is not a tough player, he was fortunate to have some meatheads in front of him to look after him when he starts dishing out some lip.

Queensland fans will be more than happy to see Ennis back in 9, I can guarantee you.
I heard the same thing said by Tigers fans when Buderus was in there. As a blues fan I want the incumbent to have first rights to the jersey, after all he has a winning record.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Michael Ennis is the incumbent now and it should be his spot to lose. Robbie has no one to blame but himself.
He can also blame the halves, his props and his bench for not doing their job properly, thus making his job 10 times harder.

bluesbreaker

Bench
What Ennis offered that Farah didn't is simple. Ennis realizes that there's a time and a place for ballplaying at the ruck, and that time and place ain't every... f**king... hit-up.

Tiiger'zz Babyy

Juniors
Farah in game 1 and 2 was just not ready for the big and faster games imho he is the better footballer give him some time and he will be the best. The media hyped him up to be better then he actually would be considering its his first series and all so everyone did have very high expectations of him

Ennis imho was good lastnight although he didnt stand out for me at all (nothing to do with me being a qld supporter)

IMHO they both have a lot of potential - one of them jsut needs to raise the bar higher to guarantee a spot for the whole series every year.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
LOL Farah is a MUCH better defender than Ennis.

Ennis I believe is in the top 10 missed tackles in the NRL.

I disagree mate if my team was defending my line i would prefer Ennis Standing in the line than Farah and i also think Ennis does enough with the ball , im very much happy with Ennis as our Hooker thankyou and he is a big part of the Dogs being second as oppposed to down the bottom where the tigers are

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
He can also blame the halves, his props and his bench for not doing their job properly, thus making his job 10 times harder.

Yeah it was Wallace fault he missed that Tackle that led to the try and it was Wallace fault for the pass that Farah threw five minutes out from the line for the Queensland try. Imagine if that was John Morris ,you Tigers fans would want his head

typicalfan

Coach
His poor service from dummy half made their jobs ten times harder!!

Ennis isn't as skillful as Farah but what skill he has he used better, also it isn't always a bad thing to have a bit of niggle at origin level. Even before the game he had Hodges riled up, something which hinders his game. Farah has an upward battle to win back his spot by next season but I bet as a Tigers fan you want to see him put his best foot forward.

legend

Coach
It's only Tigers fans defending him which is to be expected. I loathe both the Dogs and Tigers so being objective for me is quite simple.

I didn't see Ennis throw a ball across the face of the goalposts for Creagh to miss only for Lockyer to pick up and score untouched.

Farah believed his own press and it let him down. I think he needs to add a little concrete to his cereal in the mornings and harden the f**k up!

Ennis may not have been brilliant but he didn't make the costly blunders that Farah did.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I disagree mate if my team was defending my line i would prefer Ennis Standing in the line than Farah and i also think Ennis does enough with the ball , im very much happy with Ennis as our Hooker thankyou and he is a big part of the Dogs being second as oppposed to down the bottom where the tigers are

So you disagree with stats now do you? Farah is a MUCH better defender than Ennis is, I think that's as clear as black and white.

What does the Tigers' position on the ladder have to do with anything?

typicalfan

Coach
So you disagree with stats now do you? Farah is a MUCH better defender than Ennis is, I think that's as clear as black and white.

What a great deal those stats did when put to the test at origin level.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's only Tigers fans defending him which is to be expected. I loathe both the Dogs and Tigers so being objective for me is quite simple.

I didn't see Ennis throw a ball across the face of the goalposts for Creagh to miss only for Lockyer to pick up and score untouched.

Farah believed his own press and it let him down. I think he needs to add a little concrete to his cereal in the mornings and harden the f**k up!

Ennis may not have been brilliant but he didn't make the costly blunders that Farah did.

As I said earlier, Farah was shocking in the second game, it was the worst game he's ever played in his life. On that basis, and with the recall of Kimmorley, Ennis deserved a chance. If it was the other way around, and Ennis got picked first and had a shocker in the second match, everyone would rightly be calling for Farah to get a game.

However, Farah's first game was no worse than Ennis' last night. In fact it was probably better as he made plenty more tackles and didn't give away any penalties. So I wouldn't say Ennis made the position his own, he did alright, solid, and is the incumbent in a winning side now so will probably get first crack at it next year.

Farah is too good a player to be kept out though, and will get another shot. And this crap about him being supposedly too soft is just rubbish.

ouwet

Bench
:lol: LOL at Tiger's and there stats...

Here's a stat for you... Bulldogs are 2nd... Tiger's are 11th (2 points from 2nd last)... NSW with Farah playing lost both games... NSW With Ennis won!

Doggiesfan09

Juniors

Yes i do disagree with stats they dont always show the the correct picture ,David stagg has made the most Tackles does that make him the best defender in the comp, bryson goodwin has made the most linebreaks , does that make him the best three quarter in the comp, i dont think so , stats are just that stats

dovif

Juniors
Thanks for using my sig eldest sibling, now go and organise your own, as challenging as that may be for a teenager

The media were responsible for Ennis landing the job in SOO 3, after a constant campaign of 'he's built for origin'.....'he'll niggle the Queenslanders'....'he's as hard as nails'.....'he's a great sledger'. Is it any wonder that the Alzeheimer's affected selectors picked him ? He made a grand total of 27 metres last night, he made 43% less tackles than Farah did in the previous Origin (18 v 28). I don't remember him kicking the ball in general play once. Oh he was excellent in the 'look at me I'm a hardman' routine, but frankly he's solid at best. He does not have any brilliant, game breaking characteristics, unlike Farah of Smith, in fact Smith, although injured early, played all over him last night. Why is Ennis a media darling ? no idea, but that's Rugby League for you. Reminds me of the treatment that Benny Elias received, when that draft horse Walters was picked ahead of him in Oz teams :?

I think Farah being crap the whole 2nd SOO might have something to do with it, he was shocking, tried to run from dummy half every 2nd tackle, keep giving no look passes to no one, stop all momentum from the charging forwards.

He occasionally make a good looking, eye catching play, but it take him 10 goes to make that one plays.

Ennis played more direct, give better balls in the other 10 plays, is not as eye catching, but at SOO level. when everyone is elite, Ennis is a better player

At club level, when Farah has to produce to win Tigers the game, Farah is a good player, but he has to learn when to insert himself in the game at SOO level, and that is not on every 2nd play, when there are forwards who can do a much better job

tiger_nick

Bench
:lol: LOL at Tiger's and there stats...

Here's a stat for you... Bulldogs are 2nd... Tiger's are 11th (2 points from 2nd last)... NSW with Farah playing lost both games... NSW With Ennis won!

well by your theory dean young should be hooker

TimmyB

Juniors
Forgetting everything else, this sh*t about Farah needing to harden up is just that, sh*t.

FFS, he kept paying against Souths with a concussion that ruled him out from playing the following week. He played with injections in his hip. He played with an injury that resulted in surgery on his spine. Calling him soft is totally uncalled for.

Ladmate

Bench
Thanks for using my sig eldest sibling, now go and organise your own, as challenging as that may be for a teenager

The media were responsible for Ennis landing the job in SOO 3, after a constant campaign of 'he's built for origin'.....'he'll niggle the Queenslanders'....'he's as hard as nails'.....'he's a great sledger'. Is it any wonder that the Alzeheimer's affected selectors picked him ? He made a grand total of 27 metres last night, he made 43% less tackles than Farah did in the previous Origin (18 v 28). I don't remember him kicking the ball in general play once. Oh he was excellent in the 'look at me I'm a hardman' routine, but frankly he's solid at best. He does not have any brilliant, game breaking characteristics, unlike Farah of Smith, in fact Smith, although injured early, played all over him last night. Why is Ennis a media darling ? no idea, but that's Rugby League for you. Reminds me of the treatment that Benny Elias received, when that draft horse Walters was picked ahead of him in Oz teams :?

Ennis calls reporters by their first name. This is not a lie, believe it or not. That is why they love him :crazy:

Bench
Farah's first origin was better than Ennis,no missed tackles, 2 line breaks and 1 try assist,with a powder puff front row.
The second game Farah and Wallace got needled to play,both were unfit and both were bad,when the needles didn't work they dropped Farah and Wallace,but Williams who made some clangers stayed,and he made some more last night.
If Farah is fit he is miles ahead of Ennis in every aspect of the game,barring goal kicking,which Farah can do as he has for the WestsTigers.
Anyone who says Farah is soft obviously doesn't follow league closely,Farah played over half a season with the same injury as Mini,he played after being knocked out against Souths this year(and was MOM),he has played with a serious kneck injury as well.

Latest posts