What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite “Cult Classic”

Mark B

Juniors
Pretty broad term Cult Classic and what people believe it means. But here goes what I consider to be my favourite Cult Classic movies.
1. Escape From New York.
2. Slap Shot.
3. Big Trouble in Little China.
4. The Big Lebowski.
5. Dazed and Confused.

Wizardman

First Grade
Its funny, if i want a tension building, suspense building brooding movie Jaws fits the bill but if i want a faster paced similar sort of thriller Jaws 2 fits the bill for that, i know Jaws 2 isn't a patch on Jaws but it holds a special place for me for some reason..
Jaws 2 is a pretty decent movie. It has nowhere near the production polish and tension of Jaws....but I liked it. I might be the only human on Earth to say this.....but I liked Jaws 4 for corny fun....I have not seen either sequel in a VERY long time though.

The only one I really disliked was Jaws 3. Very bloody boring!!!

Jim Rockford

Bench
Pretty broad term Cult Classic and what people believe it means. But here goes what I consider to be my favourite Cult Classic movies.
1. Escape From New York.
2. Slap Shot.
4. The Big Lebowski.
5. Dazed and Confused.
Outstanding list there Mark B. You've got 2 John Carpenter classics but I would add They Live. Love Slap Shot and the Hanson Brothers as well.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Jaws 2 is a pretty decent movie. It has nowhere near the production polish and tension of Jaws....but I liked it. I might be the only human on Earth to say this.....but I liked Jaws 4 for corny fun....I have not seen either sequel in a VERY long time though.

The only one I really disliked was Jaws 3. Very bloody boring!!!

I don't mind Jaws 4 myself, i record it every time it comes on TV, at least it had Lorraine Gary from the first two and i always like seeing Michael Caine in movies, the banana boat sequence always gives me a giggle for some strange reason, probably as you say, that scene fits the corny note perfectly.
Agree about Jaws 3, what a stinker, slow and boring, originally shown at the movies in 3D which i didn't fall for at the time of release, i rented it on video one day after its release.

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench
I don't mind Jaws 4 myself, i record it every time it comes on TV, at least it had Lorraine Gary from the first two and i always like seeing Michael Caine in movies, the banana boat sequence always gives me a giggle for some strange reason.
Agree about Jaws 3, what a stinker, slow and boring, originally shown at the movies in 3D which i didn't fall for at the time of release, i rented it on video one day after its release.
I like Jaws 4 because it had Lance Guest in it. I was a fan of him for his role in The Last Starfighter.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I like Jaws 4 because it had Lance Guest in it. I was a fan of him for his role in The Last Starfighter.

Yes i like Lance Guest too, another i liked seeing Lynn Whitfield who went on to play Josephine Baker a few years later. Also like Mario Van Peebles, it is interesting, in some cuts of the film he dies, in some he lives, i'm happy he lives.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Dead Ringer-Two Bette Davis's for the price of one.
Great cast besides Bette, Karl Maldern, Peter Lawford, Estelle Winwood and Jean Hagen

Love the scene with the butler on the stair case then the closing scene with Karl Malden, the look on her face when the car is about to drive off is priceless, great acting without saying a word.

Last edited:

Mark B

Juniors
If you ever get the chance. Try and get your hands on the book Jaws, Memories from Martha’s Vinyard. It is a massive book that is filled with production photos taken by those inside the movie and various locals. It is a great way to see how it was made and the positive influence it had on the area.

horrie hastings

First Grade
1. Escape From New York.
2. Slap Shot.
4. The Big Lebowski.
5. Dazed and Confused.

Haven’t seen Escape From New York for years, wouldn’t mind revisiting it again.

Warriors (1979)
Infinite Man (2014)
Fifth Element (1997)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
Big Trouble in Little China (1987)
Buckaroo Banzai (1984)
Streets of Fire (1984)
To Live and Die In LA (1985)
House 1/2 (1986/87)
Donnie Darko (2002)
Escape from NY/LA (1981/97)
Critters (1986)
Johnny Mnemonic (1996)

Last edited: