What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite “Cult Classic”

horrie hastings

First Grade
Mad Max 1 and 2. Mel Gibson etc.

The Snake Pit. Olivia de Havilland.

Trilogy Of Terrors. Karen Black.

Oh my God, Trilogy of Terror, have not seen that in years.
The Snake Pit with Olivia De Haviiland was so harrowing, i have it in my DVD collection, will have to watch it again soon.
Another one with Olivia De Havilland is The Dark Mirror where she plays twins, wont give the plot away just incase you haven't seen it but well worth watching.

The Pest
Dreamship Surprise Period 1 (German Sci-Fi piss-take)
Lagaan - Once Upon a Time in India (Bollywood film, usually not my cup of tea but this one is)
Don't be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.
Vault of Horror - 70's British Horror
Yellowbeard
Time Bandits

horrie hastings

First Grade
The Alfred Hitchcock film with Rod Taylor and Yyeete Mimmett. Absolutely brilliant. Good call!

The Birds is a film i can watch over and over again, a very rugged Rod Taylor, a stunningly beautiful Tippi Hedren, only Tippi could look so good in the row boat in a fur coat going across the bay, also another stunner Suzanne Pleshette and then Jessica Tandy as Rod Taylor's insecure mother, the movie is a visual feast and the shot of Bodega Bay from the air just after the car at the petrol station goes up in flames and the gulls come into frame is so chilling and brilliantly done, it is one of my all time favourites.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Hitchcock knew how to build the suspense, i always get a chill when i see all the birds perched on the playground equipment at the school, this scene is such a slow burner,one minute there are no birds on the monkey bars then one by one they come until the bars are covered by birds, just brilliant.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The Birds is a film i can watch over and over again, a very rugged Rod Taylor, a stunningly beautiful Tippi Hedren, only Tippi could look so good in the row boat in a fur coat going across the bay, also another stunner Suzanne Pleshette and then Jessica Tandy as Rod Taylor's insecure mother, the movie is a visual feast and the shot of Bodega Bay from the air just after the car at the petrol station goes up in flames and the gulls come into frame is so chilling and brilliantly done, it is one of my all time favourites.

The brunette over the blond any day...smokin!

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Hitchcock knew how to build the suspense, i always get a chill when i see all the birds perched on the playground equipment at the school, this scene is such a slow burner,one minute there are no birds on the monkey bars then one by one they come until the bars are covered by birds, just brilliant.

Sound design.

An appropriately chilling song is a seriously underappreciated element of a scene like this.

"She combed her but once a year..."

Mark B

Juniors
Pissing rain the other day, so treated myself to Escape From NY again. What a great flick. The helicopter scene when they first go into NY after Air Force 1 crashes is a great example of live action and editing. The HQ for the US Police Force which is on Liberty Island was actually filmed on Sepulveda Dam in LA. The landing zone in New York where they meet up with Romero and the Presidents finger was filmed in East St Louis. Great film making.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Pissing rain the other day, so treated myself to Escape From NY again. What a great flick. The helicopter scene when they first go into NY after Air Force 1 crashes is a great example of live action and editing. The HQ for the US Police Force which is on Liberty Island was actually filmed on Sepulveda Dam in LA. The landing zone in New York where they meet up with Romero and the Presidents finger was filmed in East St Louis. Great film making.
Yeah. John used parts of St Louis to film because there had been a big fire that had destroyed a chunk of the city. I'm actually due to watch it again, I'm fast approaching my 100th viewing.

Mark B

Juniors
Yeah. John used parts of St Louis to film because there had been a big fire that had destroyed a chunk of the city. I'm actually due to watch it again, I'm fast approaching my 100th viewing.
Jim you are a brother from a different mother mate. I am the same, at least 100 viewings from me. I remember the first time I saw it would have been around 1984. My childhood mate across the street was one of the first people who had a VCR, so every Saturday morning it was movie day. Jump on our bikes and head down to the local video store and rent two movies. Saw some great flicks for the first time, including EFNY. Good memories.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Jim you are a brother from a different mother mate. I am the same, at least 100 viewings from me. I remember the first time I saw it would have been around 1984. My childhood mate across the street was one of the first people who had a VCR, so every Saturday morning it was movie day. Jump on our bikes and head down to the local video store and rent two movies. Saw some great flicks for the first time, including EFNY. Good memories.
I was lucky enough to see it at the cinema. Having seen Halloween and The Fog I was amped to see this new film from John Carpenter. I remember walking out and asking my cousin if we could go to the next session that was just about to start. He had something else to do so I had to wait for the next day to see it again. To this day it's still my alltime favourite movie.