What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite “Cult Classic”

Mark B

Juniors
My earliest memory of going to a Sydney cinema was with my aunty’s then husband. Great bloke. It was the George St complex back in the late 70’s and I was not even in double digits age wise. We saw the original Battlestar Galactica. Even though it was a made for TV movie to start the old series, Hollywood would release them over seas to make more money. Big fan of the original. I dragged my cousin to Supernova in Sydney back in 2009 as I got to meet Dirk Benedict (absolute champion of a bloke) Richard Hatch RIP and Herb Jefferson Jnr. Great day.

Jim Rockford

Bench
My earliest memory of going to a Sydney cinema was with my aunty’s then husband. Great bloke. It was the George St complex back in the late 70’s and I was not even in double digits age wise. We saw the original Battlestar Galactica. Even though it was a made for TV movie to start the old series, Hollywood would release them over seas to make more money. Big fan of the original. I dragged my cousin to Supernova in Sydney back in 2009 as I got to meet Dirk Benedict (absolute champion of a bloke) Richard Hatch RIP and Herb Jefferson Jnr. Great day.
Face Man! He's also in a lesser known movie called Body Slam with Roddy Piper. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I will not let any discussion of Escape From NY pass without mention of Carpenter's amazing score.

Sorry you know I am a soundtrack and sound design man.
The score is one of the big reasons the movie is so legendary. It's what makes Carpenter such a brilliant filmmaker, the fact he scores most of his own movies and when someone else does (like Starman) he gets someone he is very talented.

Mark B

Juniors
Ab
I will not let any discussion of Escape From NY pass without mention of Carpenter's amazing score.

Sorry you know I am a soundtrack and sound design man.
The man is gifted. The EFNY score is my all time favourite, closely followed by Christine and Halloween.

horrie hastings

First Grade
My earliest memory of going to a Sydney cinema was with my aunty’s then husband. Great bloke. It was the George St complex back in the late 70’s and I was not even in double digits age wise. We saw the original Battlestar Galactica. Even though it was a made for TV movie to start the old series.
I miss all the stand alone theatres that were along George st [ and also Pitt and Castlereagh St ] before the Hoyts Centre and other multiplex's opened

The Plaza and The Century, saw The Towering Inferno on the big screen at The Plaza, The Forum and The Barclay and The Paramount and The Rapallo, the Paramount had all the statues along the wall, these were just the George St ones.

Saw Battlestar Galactica at the Forum and it was in Sensurround.

Last edited:

Latest posts