What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Cold Chisel Song !!

2 True Blues

Coach
For me it's a close race, as love pretty much all of them, however rate...

Bow River
Star Hotel
When the war is over

Amongst the top three of all time !!!

grungle

Juniors
Flame trees, standing on the outside, home and broken hearted. Used to be khe sanh till it got flogged to death on radio.

2 True Blues

Coach
You got nothing I want was written about " America ". The band went over there and was fed up with American music management so wrote the song " You got nothin I want " about America in general. If they had have bit their lips and persisted they would have sky rocketed on the international stage and made Zillions. Yet another reason to love the band. Cause that's not what chisel was about. ( Although in hindsight they really missed an opportunity there ). I was at the Last Stand Concert and still have an original framed poster from the concert which takes pride of place over the bar in the games room. Was also at the Re-union Ringside concert at the Hordern in 2003. Totally awesome concert !!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
One of my favourite Chisel ballads was " Janelle ". Little known song but very good.

Love the Partys over followed by Goodbye Astrid when they were live as well !!!!!!

les norton

First Grade
rising sun
forever now
flame trees
when the war is over (please god erase all cosimas versions from the earth!!)

2 True Blues

Coach
The war is over is Chisels most copied by others song out of any song they have ever written. Of note is that it was actually written by Steve PRESTWICH instead of Mossy, Barnsey or the TRUE legend of Chisel writing Donny WALKER !!!!

John FARNHAM's version in my opionion does it the most credit though the Little River band came a close second !!!!