What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Fullback of the Last 15 Years

Favorite fullback of past 15 years

• Jarrod Sammut

• Lachlan Coote

• Matt Moylan

• Dylan Edwards

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jono078

Referee
Hey everyone, I know I'm an outsider here but I'm super curious about this.

The Panthers have had many talented fullbacks over the years no doubt, they just haven't had the longevity out of them.

It got me thinking, is there one that you really liked and rate a head above the rest?

I'm going to start it with fullbacks post-Rhys Wesser. We all know he's a legend and played many years and achieved it all for you.

Off the top of my head;

- Jarrad Sammut
- Lachlan Coote
- Matt Moylan
- Dylan Edwards

Is it a clear cut decision? I feel all were equally talented juniors and showed great playmaking at NRL level. Edwards is probably my least favourite but he's also come on leaps and bounds the past 18 months. This is not meant to be a dis but am curious if Panthers fan rate him as the best of this bunch?

Whino

Bench
My favourite is Wesser. Michael Gordon next in the limited time he had at Fullback. He would be my favourite winger.
Special mention to the aeroplaneman for the entertainment he provided over a short period.
Coote would have been interesting in the current side with today's fitness regime.

Munky

Coach
Moylan I always thought was a pretty ordinary full back on the defensive side of the ball.

Running at retreating or tired defences he was a joy to watch

@murraymob will remember Wesser threw the greatest ever short pass in the history of the game.

The ref called it forward, but all pundits and experts determined it was simply one of those physics defiers.

It was virtually undetectable off the hands, especially for the ref who was 30 metres away.

It was between the sharks or cows from memory. Finals circa mmm 2004-2012 or somewhere around the great Craig Trindall era.

Dylan has a long way to go, but making headway.

Even Nate said on the abc tonight he’s got rep claims coming. I’ve been belting on about him for ages.

Grossly underpaid I understand. Begging on station street, breaking into cars at the Jane street Westfield entrance, stealing ciggy butts. If Ciraldo comes, I would be pretty happy with Edwards following him on a dog chain.

Speaking of dogs, we won’t be ciraldos bitches for much longer, I’m expecting we will push him along next week. Expect an announcement.

Burto whispers on another forum. The immortal himself.

Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
@murraymob will remember Wesser threw the greatest ever short pass in the history of the game.

The ref called it forward, but all pundits and experts determined it was simply one of those physics defiers.

It was virtually undetectable off the hands, especially for the ref who was 30 metres away.

It was between the sharks or cows from memory. Finals circa mmm 2004-2012 or somewhere around the great Craig Trindall era.

Dylan has a long way to go, but making headway.

Even Nate said on the abc tonight he’s got rep claims coming. I’ve been belting on about him for ages.

Grossly underpaid I understand. Begging on station street, breaking into cars at the Jane street Westfield entrance, stealing ciggy butts. If Ciraldo comes, I would be pretty happy with Edwards following him on a dog chain.

Speaking of dogs, we won’t be ciraldos bitches for much longer, I’m expecting we will push him along next week. Expect an announcement.

Burto whispers on another forum. The immortal himself.

Lol Burton isn't going to the Tigers. I have seen the delusional posts of swapping Brooks for him. Gould isn't that stupid. He will go to a better club. Keary is on his last legs. Chooks will make a play.

Whino

Bench
Lol Burton isn't going to the Tigers. I have seen the delusional posts of swapping Brooks for him. Gould isn't that stupid. He will go to a better club. Keary is on his last legs. Chooks will make a play.

Don't know about a Burton\Walker combo. I think their target is Munster.
Melbourne and Cronulla would be my 2 picks. Cronulla came calling last time. I could see him there in 2024.

martielang

Bench
What Edwards has done the last 3 years eclipses anything any other fullback for his club has accomplished.

The least talented but determined, dedicated, and uncompromising, something that probably typifies the club and area. He won us a finals series/GF playing with a broken foot ffs.

The best Wesser. Even though he was inconsistent and really only had a couple of good seasons.

Edwards should be judged at the end of his career.

Coote was ruined by Elliott. His body was exposed far too early for the rigors FG. Wasted under Elliott.
I am glad Coote got success later on.

Last edited:

Hooked

Juniors
All I remember about Sammut is that he seemed to drop the ball in the tackle when running it back from a kick at least once a match.

All I can remember about Sammut is he was a scrawny little thing.Then one pre season he showed up with long flowing hair with a rig and tatts to match.
Might have even had bleached blonde hair one time. I think he won us a few matches.

Tigers are turning it all around.

No more doormats.

The decision not to send Lucy off to the cows on credit was a good one.

Peyton and his bone headed recruiters forget to read the sign; Tigers accept returns on most things except undergarments and forwards.

Burton: the poor man’s immortal.

But Edwards is in the welfare with you, health care card and bus pass. I support these social measures, but upon my own westie ugg booted crikey, he needs an upgrade.

You say to non west folk and they think you are mad.

Edwards for Soo must happen.

And to my fellow flannie frolicking freedom fighters our airforce have to intercept Assanges extradition flight and bring the bastard home.

8E67D6B5-A5D8-4ABF-8482-18663E3694C7.jpeg

Last edited: