What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Parramatta Memories

parra pete

Referee
Ken Thornett's suggestion for a State of Origin.15 YEARS BEFORE Kevin Humphries and Ron McAulliffe "thought it up"...from his book "Tackling Rugby"..

parra pete

Referee
It should be "playing without crack centre, Reg "date" Gasnier"

Don't follow what you mean. I knew Reg very well. He was one of the greatest players ever produced..a dead set Immortal both on and off the paddock.
I was at Cumberland the day he injured his knee. It just crumbled under him, and he went down with no other player in proximity.
I met him for the first time in 1981 when I was co Manager of the CRL Country team which played City at Bruce Stadium. He was commentator with the ABC and the Country team had lunch at a Canberra pub along with Reg and Alan Marks...
He was also a Kangaroo team mate of my business partner of twenty years, and we often had a yarn when we caught up..."Puff the Magic Dragon"...bloody brilliant...