What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite RL radio program?

Who do you prefer to listen to on the radio?

• 2SM Talkin Sport

Votes: 23 27.7%
  • 2UE Sports Today

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • ABC Grandstand

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Triple M Dead Set Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2GB Continuous Call

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

legend

Coach
I'm curious to see who people listen to when they are after some footy news and views. I have my preference but I'd like to get some feedback as to who you listen to and why.

Cheers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ABC are good but sometimes they concentrate too much on one match or one topic and don't share it around.

2GB are good when they let people call in and have an opinion, but then the commentators open their mouths and declare that they're right and the caller is wrong in 95% of instances.

My preference is ABC.

Pigskin

Juniors
Hadley and his mob talk rubbish

4BC in Brisbane has a good 1 hour sports talk show nightly at 6pm. But its all sports, not just Rugby League.

I'm starting to develop some respect for Shaun McRae since he has joined grandstand. He does seem to know some stuff after all.

Grandstand is an excellent show and I tune in most weekends.

Oink !

Timmah

Staff member
I can stomach 2GB once 6pm passes on Sunday night and it becomes Sportszone - Andrew Moore is much less of a wanker than Hadley and actually has the ability to be somewhat impartial about some matters.

Timmah

Staff member
I'll deadset give it away if 2GB comes in ahead of any of those shows :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
In Order :

Grandstand on Sundays
Hollywood and Zorba on Sundays
2UE with Gibbs and Alexander weekdays
2SM

Timmah

Staff member
You forgot:

Daylight
Moonlight
Twilight
Sunrise
Speed of light
Death
2GB.

Timmah

Staff member
Remind me why I'm supposed to care? :sarcasm:

Talkin Sport is great. Appreciate the respect they have for their callers.
Grandstand is also excellent, but Tracy Holmes - please. Last night she was on the Backpage suggesting that "The new Mundine" was being picked on for being Aboriginal.

ocko

juniors
grandstand for mine.

for those ins sydney thogh, "a view from the hill", a show on 2ser (107.3 fm) 11am-midday saturday mornings is very good

there needs to be a distinction between ABC grandstand and Grandstand Rugby League IMO. Now Tracy Holmes hosts grandstand I will never listen to it again. But when david Morrow comes on for Grandstand rugby league I love it!

saying that though my favourite program for news on Rugby League is sports today with Brandy and Gibbsy. IMO they are both very Knowlegable and are very fair to callers. They have maintained the excellent programme Peter Bosly had.

Timmah

Staff member
Brandy is great on Radio - but FMD he's woeful when he does the MNF pre-show on Fox.

Latest posts