What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feb 12th Trial vs. Titans

Big Pete

Referee
First game of the new year and I for one am excited to watch some footy...albeit my best bet is catching highlights and of course media/fan reports.

Teams...

Brisbane Broncos:
1. Dane Gagai
2. Denan Kemp
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Aaron Whitchurch
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Mitchell Dodds
9. John Te Reo
10. Josh McGuire
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Mitchell Frei

14. Jordan Kahu
15. Justin Hunt
16. Gerard Beale
17. Daniel Ogden
18. Dave Hala
19. Kurt Baptiste
20. Matt Britt
21. Kurtis Lingwoodock

Source: http://www.broncos.com.au/default.a...d=33197&title=copley-and-reed-get-first-crack

vs.

Gold Coast Titans
1 Shannon Walker
2 Dominique Peyroux
3 Esi Tonga
4 Joseph Tomane
5 Joe Vickery
6 Jordan Rankin
7 Luke Capewell
8 Brenton Lawrence
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Page
11 Sam Tagaetese
12 Ben Ridge
13 Luke O'Dwyer
14 Will Matthews
15 Kayne Lawton
16 Tom Merritt
17 Jacob Ling

What does everybody make of the line up?

Also is anybody attending the game?

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Same here big pete, can't watch the game.

Interested to see how some of the younger guys go in particular Gagai, Copley and Lingwoodock.

Smiley

Bench
Good to see Ogden getting a chance. Really like what I've seen of him in the QCup.

Surprised not to see Ahern named.

ethos

Live Update Team
The trial's actually on the 12th Big Pete.

But there's a lot to look forward to in that lineup. Interested in the whole backline really, especially the halves and Gagai at the back. Plus Dodds and McGuire and even Carlaw in the forwards.

I should be going to the game, so can give you my 2 cents.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Good to see Ogden getting a chance. Really like what I've seen of him in the QCup.

Surprised not to see Ahern named.

Agreed. From what I have seen of him in QLD Cup he is a great talent. I was stoked when i read the lineup and saw his name.

Big Pete

Referee
Thanks for the heads up ethos, thought it was the 12th originally but got my wires crossed, probably because of how early they announced the side.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Ogden is a good finisher but he can't tackle. I'll be there for Wynnum's game. Not sure if I'll stick around considering Wynnum could beat those two squads. It's Tweed Heads vs the rest of the Qld Cup.

beads6

First Grade
I'll be at the game creaming myself over Kempy.... Hope he goes well if not oh well he gave me some quality sessions...

Country Bronco

Juniors
Hi all,
As the players have a off season, I have a break from all things rugby league as well. Its good to be back though and look forward to supporting the broncos.

As for this trial. I see it as a run for some players and a challenge to step up for selection for other players.

And beads. Noone I know loves kemp as much as you. Hopefully we get to see a lot of kemp this year. Might want to put disposables on beads if thats the case. lol

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Te Reo's out with a groin strain and Gagai will be playing in the 20s trial. I won't be there for either of the Broncos games but if you want a review of Wynnum's trial, I'm happy to help. :p

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
New Team

1. Jordan Kahu
2. Daniel Ogden
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Aaron Whitchurch
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt
8. Mitchell Dodds
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Josh McGuire
11. Dane Carlaw
12. Dunamis Lui
13. Mitchell Frei

Interchange:
14. David Hala
15. Kurtis Lingwoodock
16. Matt Britt
17. Gerard Beale
18. Ben Te`o
19. Alex Glenn
20. Justin Hunt

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yeah I was at the game (the NRL trial only). Yeah I thought that wasn't Gagai at #1. Seagulls can you please let us know why Gagai has been dumped? Pretty big blow for the Broncos so early on as he was tipped to do great things!

Back to the game. It's quite an amazing scoreline given how bad our ball control was how many penalties we gave away (and yes there were at least two against in the play the ball area, one for walking off the mark and the other for not playing it with the foot). Our goal line defence was a bit brittle. Anyway its a positive that we won by so much because there is lots of room for improvement.

Our outside backs didn't get that much ball, hard to fault anything they did, but Copley looked pretty good though. Managed to finish off a few slick backline movements, Hunt and Norman were dangerous enough. Baptiste was quite good at the start of the game. Carlaw was quite ineffective tbh.

The hooker for the Titans (name?) was easily their best player.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Yeah I was at the game (the NRL trial only). Yeah I thought that wasn't Gagai at #1. Seagulls can you please let us know why Gagai has been dumped? Pretty big blow for the Broncos so early on as he was tipped to do great things!

Back to the game. It's quite an amazing scoreline given how bad our ball control was how many penalties we gave away (and yes there were at least two against in the play the ball area, one for walking off the mark and the other for not playing it with the foot). Our goal line defence was a bit brittle. Anyway its a positive that we won by so much because there is lots of room for improvement.

Our outside backs didn't get that much ball, hard to fault anything they did, but Copley looked pretty good though. Managed to finish off a few slick backline movements, Hunt and Norman were dangerous enough. Baptiste was quite good at the start of the game. Carlaw was quite ineffective tbh.

The hooker for the Titans (name?) was easily their best player.

The refs are cracking down on play the ball infringements in Qld Cup as well. They were at least 7 penalties against the team in possession. The reasons for Gagai's dumping will come out (in the media) this week I'd imagine. It's not my go to be reporting what I've heard but it's a combination of a few things.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The refs are cracking down on play the ball infringements in Qld Cup as well. They were at least 7 penalties against the team in possession. The reasons for Gagai's dumping will come out (in the media) this week I'd imagine. It's not my go to be reporting what I've heard but it's a combination of a few things.

Thanks for the info and appreciate that you cant say.