What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeling sad as Panther score board comes down

Big Mick

Referee
It's a bloody relic.

Time to move on from it.

Here's hoping they replace it with something cool though

murraymob

Coach
has the club said anything about it going or being repaired or even what is happening with it

murraymob

Coach
the club would have been better served putting out a news notice just letting people know of the plans .When i say that i dont mean asking if they can just keeping fans up to date
If scrapping it why not cut up section and auction it off .Money to charity

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. Especially as last week many people went to the game would of been nice to know that was it for it. Panthers on the Prowl could of got the money

Blues Riff

Bench
I guess it's all part of making the place "unrecognizable", as Gus put it :(
Anyone seen any other signs of the makeover?
I'm guessing the stadium will be draped with HUGE banners.

franklin2323

Immortal
I guess it's all part of making the place "unrecognizable", as Gus put it :(
Anyone seen any other signs of the makeover?
I'm guessing the stadium will be draped with HUGE banners.

Well the screen replacing the scoreboard is huge. Sponsored as is the other one.

mxlegend99

Referee
According to gameday information, there will be a 48sqm screen, and a 43sqm screen installed throughout the season.

Not sure what that equates to in inches. I hit a few tv size calculator sites and my best guess is a screen roughly 5.2m wide by 2.97m high, and in typical tv sizes around 235 inches. But I wouldn't be too confident in that. Couldn't find a single site to work backwards from square metres.

Was hoping for something more like the one the Cowboys NFL team has:
800px-Cowboys_Stadium_configured_for_basketball.jpg

mxlegend99

Referee
A high definition tv should have a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio though. That's 4:3 resolution, would be losing a lot of detail on the sides of the screen or have massive black bars at the top and bottom.

MaxPower

Juniors
I'm not saying those are the dimensions, just demonstrating how big 48 sqm actually is. As you can see, it is much larger than 5.2m x 2.97m.

EDIT: 16:9 would be something like 9.25 x 5.2

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Safe to say with all the changes we won't get games shifted to Homebush... So that's a positive to come out of this