What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Female Refs

Perth Red

Post Whore
The one thing Union has over League is that the refs take no shit.

Any back chat goes to the bin.

Well atleast in 2003 when I last watched the sport
Only in Oz. In Sl any back chat is penalised straight away. Its always funny watching NRl players go over there the first few games and not being able to get away with it. Compared to soccer though we are saints in our game towards the refs!

Sphagnum

Coach
They don’t do a better or worse job than the blokes for the most part. I have found badgers rule interpretations in the bunker baffling sometimes so was very surprised to see her as the main whistleblower in a first grade game.

The leg lift penalties and set restarts were wildly inconsistent and she calls held as soon as somebody looks at the player with the ball. Her decisions seemed to favour Canberra a lot particularly in the first half.

Penrith fan

Juniors
I feel sorry for Kasey Badger who failed to rule Canberra Raiders fullback Chevy Stewart offside ...

She has been left out to dry by the NRL hierarchy.

Thats not going to help young girls want to be Refs in the future.

She had been promoted based on her gender rather than her competence.

Just another horrendous DEI mistake.

You see them all the time these days.

Penrith fan

Juniors
The world is full of DEI choices, fake news, corrupt oligarchs using the system to their advantage, incorrect policy decisions and cancel culture.

The touch judges are the ones who let Casey Badger down on that field goal according to Annesley.

That said she didn't have a great game. All match officials, regardless of gender, have good games and bad games. This was one of her latter ones.

Penrith fan

Juniors
only lord trump can save us from the woke monsters
Trump can't save the world. He is a corrupt oligarch as well.

The system itself is broken.

The ideas of the Wokes haven't helped anyone.

Badger is not a bad referee because she is a woman, she is a bad referee because she has been promoted too quickly within the system.

She has flaws to her referring style that should have been cleaned up at a lower grade before she was placed in this situation.

age.s

First Grade
The female refs I've seen haven't been any better or worse than the men. Which means they've oscillated between inconsistent, incompetent and biased.

Don't white knight for them. The men get no leeway for being rubbish and the women shouldn't either.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Agreed but the system promotes women to the top of the ranks quicker because of DEI and they have flaws in their referring style that should have been ironed out in lower grades.

Men also make mistakes very often but most of the time, the men are held back at lower levels to iron out flaws rather than being promoted on gender bias. The powers that be are more critical of men due to the masculine toxicness within modern society.

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
I thought Kasey had a great game. Could have easily over-penalised - especially with how often the Titans were pushing the limits in the ruck - but she did what she had to do to keep it getting out of hand.

I always find it funny how, whenever there's a lopsided penalty count, everyone jumps on the referee. It is actually possible that one team is far more disciplined than the other. Referees shouldn't try to even the count in some misguided attempt to appear balanced.

age.s

First Grade
Agreed but the system promotes women to the top of the ranks quicker because of DEI and they have flaws in their referring style that should have been ironed out in lower grades.

Men also make mistakes very often but most of the time, the men are held back at lower levels to iron out flaws rather than being promoted on gender bias. The powers that be are more critical of men due to the masculine toxicness within modern society.
No, that doesn't make sense. Someone promoted above their station is by definition going to be worse at their job. The women look like bog standard NRL referees to me, which is to say, terrible.

Latest posts