What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 3

Misanthrope

Staff member
Files can be found here.

Draw

South Canberra Knights v Ipswich Reds (+7.5)
Quahog Quagmires (+4.5) v Mt. Disappointment RLFC
Raymond Terrace Tanks (+2.5) v Roma Vandali
Perth Reds (+10.5) v New England Celtic
Mu'a Saints v Grapes of Nanking (+0.5)
Ponte Preta Billy Goats v Sydney Vipers (+5.5)
Brisbane Bulls v Shenzhen Sharkitohs (+4.5)

Orders are due in by the usual time of 7pm AEDST on Friday.

--------------

Brisbane Bulls v Shenzhen Sharkitohs

Shenzhen continue to buck pre-season predictions that they'd struggle in the absence of their inspirational coach, with the Chinese powerhouse putting together a dominant first 42 minutes to race out to an 18-2 lead against a Brisbane side looking to come back from last week's loss to Gold Coast.

While the home side gave their fans cause for hope with tries in the 44th and 64th minutes, a 71st minute Shaun Johnson penalty goal put the result beyond doubt to see Shenzhen unbeaten in three starts: 20-12.

Brisbane: Dean Whare and Jake Trbojevic. Reynolds 2/4
Shenzhen: Tyrone Peachey, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, and Matt Dufty. Johnson 4/4
HT Score: 2-12
Dally M: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Sharkitohs) 3, Shaun Johnson (Sharkitohs) 2, and Matt Dufty (Sharkitohs) 1.
Crowd: 27,650

South Canberra Knights v Ipswich Reds

South Canberra have put together a strong first half today in order to put a plucky Ipswich Reds outfit to bed 24-14 in front of a healthy crowd in the nation's capital. The home side lead 16-6 at the break, and withstood a spirited Ipswich fight-back to maintain their ten point advantage and secure a second win of the season.

South Canberra: Curtis Rona 2, Jermaine McGilvray, and Brett Ferres. Sandow 4/7
Ipswich: Javid Bowen, Curtis Sironen, and Richie Mathers. Turner 1/3
HT Score: 16-6
Dally M: Jermaine McGilvray (Knights) 3, Curtis Rona (Knights) 2, Alex Walmsley (Knights) 1.
Crowd: 26,555

Raymond Terrace Tanks v Roma Vandali

Raymond Terrace and Roma have played out an absolute thriller today in front of a big Novocastrian crowd, with the home side managing to pip their more fancied Italian rivals 34-28 in an end to end nail-biter that saw ten tries scored.

Johnathon Thurston was in scintillating form in a beaten side, the Vandali halfback and captain kicking six from six and grabbing a hattrick of assists. For the home side, Michael Gordon was best on deck in an all around impressive performance.

Raymond Terrace: Will Hopoate, Michael Gordon, Wade Graham, David Shillington, Grant Millington, and Jarrod Warea Hargreaves. Gordon 5/7
Roma: Darius Boyd 2 and Lewis Brown 2. Thurston 6/6
HT Score: 22-20
Dally M: Johnathon Thurston (Vandali) 3, Michael Gordon (Tanks) 2, and Sam Burgess (Tanks) 1.
Crowd: 31,981

Perth Reds v New England Celtic

A huge crowd turned out today in Perth to see their chargers face off against last year's minor premiers, but it was fans from the other side of the country who were given plenty to cheer about as Celtic ran out 54-12 winners in what was a win sure to indicate the Armidale club's premiership muscle.

Up 30-6 at halftime, the visitors continued on with it in the second half. Danny Brough and Jake Granville were devastating in the halves, while Tepai Moeroa grabbed a double on debut.

Perth: Kallum Watkins and Issac Luke. Roberts 2/2
New England: Tepai Moeroa 2, Dominic Manfredi, James Tedesco, Adam Cuthbertson, Josh Jackson, Ben Westwood, Danny Houghton, and Mike Cooper. Brough 9/9
HT Score: 6-30
Dally M: Danny Brough (Celtic) 3, Danny Houghton (Celtic) 2, and Jake Granville (Celtic) 1.
Crowd: 41,318

Mu'a Saints v Grapes of Nanking

The Grapes of Nanking have had their unbeaten run brought to a shuddering halt today in their visit to Fortress Teufaiva. Even without their inspirational halfback, Cooper Cronk, the Saints were too big and too strong for the Chinese outfit - triumphing 46-14 to remind their rivals that they're every bit the threat they were last season.

Mu'a: Michael Jennings, Joel Thompson, Josh Morris 2, Cameron Munster, Iosia Soliola, Corey Norman, and Andy Lynch. Richards 7/9
Grapes of Nanking: Billy Slater and David Mead. Hodkinson 3/3
HT Score: 24-14
Dally M: Josh Morris (Saints) 3, Corey Norman (Saints) 2, and Andy Lynch (Saints) 1.
Crowd: 39,263

Ponte Preta Billy Goats v Sydney Vipers

A blistering second half from Ponte Preta has given their coach a winning finish to what had been a rough week, the Brazilian club turning an unconvincing 6 all halftime deadlock into an emphatic 32-6 victory over fellow winless club, Sydney. The Billy Goats' halves were inspirational, whilst Konrad Hurrell marked his 2016 debut with a hattrick.

Ponte Preta: Konrad Hurrell 3, Daniel Tupou, Daly Cherry-Evans, and Andrew Dixon. Cherry-Evans 4/7
Sydney: Steve Matai. Croker 1/2
HT Score: 6-6
Dally M: Daly Cherry-Evans (Billy Goats) 3, Michael Morgan (Billy Goats) 2, and Daryl Clark (Billy Goats) 1.
Crowd: 19,544

Quahog Quagmires v Mt. Disappointment RLFC

Mount Disappointment continue to Mount Disappoint their pre-season critics, the side recording their biggest win of the season to remain unbeaten in three starts. Travelling to Rhode Island in the United States, the Victorian side were unstoppable in a 42-10 demolition of the hapless Americans.

Quahog: Ricky Leutele and Kodi Nikorima. Maloney 1/1. Taylor 0/1
Mt. Disappointment: Justin Carney, Paul Vaughan, Zak Hardaker 2, Kerrod Holland 2, and Nathan Peats. Sezer 7/8
HT Score: 0-24
Dally M: Zak Hardaker (RLFC) 3, Kieran Foran (RLFC) 2, and Nathan Peats (RLFC) 1.
Crowd: 31,183

Last edited:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Been bogged down

Mine will be in, possibly an hour or two late

I'll blame the short turnaround :sarcasm:

Bazal

Post Whore
Can I get them in tomorrow afternoon? Anxiety is kicking my arse again and I just haven't got around to it between shifts....

Misanthrope

Staff member
Can I get them in tomorrow afternoon? Anxiety is kicking my arse again and I just haven't got around to it between shifts....

No worries. I'll be running games at some point on Sunday, as I have plans tonight and tomorrow night.

Hope it calms down soon, mate. Had some brutal anxiety earlier this week that I exacerbated with some medicinal herb. Was brutal.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, if I'm being social, that's what I'll do. By the time it really kicked in, the party had died and I was in my hotel room staring at the roof :lol:

HappyBadger

Juniors
Interesting factoid: Today's victory over Sydney Vipers was the first home victory for Ponte Preta's manager in FFBRL...

...his only two actual home games previous to this, in actual permanent home stadia, were both losses last season (to Mu'a at the MCG, and to New England at Estadio Moises Lucarelli)...

Latest posts