What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFBRL Live Results: Round 7

Misanthrope

Staff member
Files are here.

------------

Draw

Quahog Quagmires (+7.5) V Brisbane Bulls
Roma Vandali (+4.5) V New England Celtic
Perth Reds (+3.5) V Raymond Terrace Tanks
Ipswich Reds V Sydney Vipers (+5.5)
Grapes of Nanking (+3.5) V Mount Disappointment RLFC
Shenzhen Sharkitohs V Ponte Preta Billy Goats (+0.5)
South Canberra Knights V Mu’a Saints (+2.5)

-----------

Quahog Quagmires v Brisbane Bulls

In a match both sides would rather forget, Brisbane have triumphed 12-10 over a determined Quahog courtesy of a late Matt Ballin try. The plucky American outfit looked like they might steal the unlikeliest of wins in what was a dour affair, but Brisbane got their season back on something resembling the right track with a narrow win.

Quahog: Manu Vatuvei and Mitch Rein. Taylor 1/2
Brisbane: Matt Ballin and Jack Wighton. Moylan 1/1. Reynolds 1/2
HT Score: 10-6
Dally M: Anthony Milford (Bulls) 3, Kevin Proctor (Bulls) 2, and Moses Mbye (Bulls) 1.
Crowd: 27,064

Roma Vandali v New England Celtic

A host of stars returning to their squad has seen New England cruise to a 42-16 win over the Roma Vandali today in front of a huge crowd in Italy. The home fans were full of hope after their side trailed narrowly following a tense first half, but a James Tedesco hattrick and plenty of attacking flair from Celtic saw them race out handy winners.

Roma: Luke Lewis and Sisa Waqa. Carney 4/5
New England: James Tedesco 3, Josh Mansour, Josh Dugan 2, and Tariq Sims. Brough 7/8
HT Score: 8-12
Dally M: James Tedesco (Celtic) 3, Danny Houghton (Celtic) 2, and Josh Mansour (Celtic) 1.
Crowd: 46,645

Perth Reds v Raymond Terrace Tanks

Perth have finally hit upon a winning formula today, much to the pleasure of a big home crowd who came out to see them do battle with the in-form Raymond Terrace Tanks. In what was a high quality game, the home side were perhaps flattered by a few soft tries in the first half, but did enough to lock down an important 32-12 win.

Perth: Kallum Watkins, Tyson Frizzel, Jake Friend, Simon Mannering 2, and Josh McGuire. Roberts 4/6
Raymond Terrace: Mitchell Pearce and Tohu Harris. Gordon 2/2
HT Score: 26-12
Dally M: Kallum Watkins (Reds) 3, Simon Mannering (Reds) 2, and Issac Luke (Reds) 1.
Crowd: 39,541

South Canberra Knights v Mu'a Saints

A Gideon Mosby double on debut has not been enough to lift an injury hit Mu'a to victory today in their visit to the Australian capital, with the more experienced Knights' backline running roughshod over an inexperienced Saints' outfit on their way to a 22-12 win. For the visitors, ill-discipline lead to an 8-3 penalty count that proved difficult to overcome.

South Canberra: Kevin Naiqama, Matt Gillett, and Ryan Hall. Sandow 5/8
Mu'a: Gideon Mosby 2. Richards 2/2
HT Score: 8-6
Dally M: Jermaine McGilvray (Knights) 3, Kevin Naiqama (Knights) 2, and Matty Smith (Knights) 1.
Crowd: 37,134

Ipswich Reds v Sydney Vipers

The long wait for Sydney Vipers has finally ended today, with the last placed Vipers scoring a vital 16-8 win against the Ipswich Reds in front of a season low crowd. While the Reds will have been buoyed by solid performances from a number of their young guns, it was a veteran's knock from Jeff Robson that steered Sydney to their first win of the year.

Ipswich: James Fisher-Harris. Lamb 2/2
Sydney: Michael Shenton 2 and Steve Matai. Robson 2/3
Dally M: Jeff Robson (Vipers) 3, James Fisher-Harris (Reds) 2, and Javid Bowen (Reds) 1.
Crowd: 6,485

Grapes of Nanking v Mt. Disappointment RLFC

In what will surely go down as the game of the season so far in 2016, the Grapes of Nanking have ended Mt. Disappointment's unbeaten streak with a last gasp Billy Slater special. Trailing 29-24 with just two minutes on the clock, the Nanjing side broke their former coach's heart with a last gasp try and a pressure conversion from John Sutton to secure a nail-biting 30-29 win.

Nanking: Billy Slater, Kane Elgey, Tom Burgess, Joel Monaghan, and Sam Perrett. Sutton 5/6
Mt. Disappointment: Leivaha Pulu, Kieran Foran, Aiden Sezer, and Brenton Lawrence. Sezer 6/6. Foran 1 fg.
Dally M: Kane Elgey (Grapes) 3, Sam Perrett (Grapes) 2, and Ethan Lowe (Grapes) 1.
Crowd: 38,014

Shenzhen Sharkitohs v Ponte Preta Billy Goats

Ponte Preta bounded back into the winner's circle with a confident 28-10 win against Shenzhen in front of a hostile crowd. The visitors controlled the game from start to finish, leading 18-6 at halftime and going on with the job in the second half. Shenzhen's handling was especially poor, making Ponte Preta's work all the easier, and the experiment of having Shaun Johnson at #9 definitely didn't pay dividends for the Chinese outfit.

Shenzhen: Euan Aitken and Fui Fui Moi Moi. Johnson 1/2
Ponte Preta: Mahe Fonua 2, Ken Sio, Michael Morgan, and Josh Hodgson. Ratchford 4/5
HT Score: 6-18
Dally M: Corey Thompson (Billy Goats) 3, Michael Morgan (Billy Goats) 2, and Rhys Evans (Billy Goats) 1.
Crowd: 29,706

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
I didn't receive anything from you, mate. I ended up just caretaking for you. No form reduction or anything.

I didn't receive anything from you, mate. I ended up just caretaking for you. No form reduction or anything.

Ok cool. I did send it on Friday the 10th, Did it go to your spam? I wouldn't usually mind because I won, but I needed Gallen for this upcoming game and I rested him in my orders. Would it be cool if I could get him with an extra week injury off?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Ok cool. I did send it on Friday the 10th, Did it go to your spam? I wouldn't usually mind because I won, but I needed Gallen for this upcoming game and I rested him in my orders. Would it be cool if I could get him with an extra week injury off?

No worries. Just let me know in your orders. If I don't receive anything from you this week, I'll get in touch to see if we can pinpoint the problem.

Bazal

Post Whore
When are these due? Cos I'm rather drunk and would rather do them tomorrow night...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Mu'a and Sydney both in.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Latest posts