What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(FFR13) Larrat to step down?

clarency

Juniors
ummm... I could be off track here but does this having anything to do with the suggestions of the pro comp or is it/he completely unrelated...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
ummm... I could be off track here but does this having anything to do with the suggestions of the pro comp or is it/he completely unrelated...

No idea, I read quite a while back he was thinking of standing down at this time so not too sure.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
http://www.ffr13.fr/index.php/ffr-xiii/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3231

Nicolas Larrat: "Leading a federation is an extraordinary human adventure"

Thursday, June 28, 2012 7:07 | Last Updated on Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:30

After announcing he would not seek a third term President Nicolas LARRAT recalls the reasons for this and looks back on the past eight years for the site of the FFR XIII.

President, you have just announced that you do not brigueriez a third term as president of the FFR XIII and this has led in some real surprises. Why this choice?

Firstly, I must point out that I had announced at the federal convention of Libourne, in July 2011, I will represent it. While many leaders of clubs, and I was touched by their concern, subsequently sought to convince me to continue and I have always said that in due time I will accept to consider before making a final decision. What I did. I am surprised that this surprise is not one because I never said I was back on my decision was carefully considered and is based on a sincere attempt. And to answer your question, I would say that there are several reasons why I have imposed this choice. First wear of power as it is customary to say. Eight years as head of a federation is a long time. You know, I was elected Federal Executive Board for the first time in 2001. More than a decade I serve our discipline. Fatigue also, that energy, that desire that we lose at the mercy of events, disappointments that we live everyday, of wickedness and treachery too. But it was above my profession as a lawyer who was instrumental in this decision. My professional activity now takes me more time and it must be with my family my priority. The development of my law firm did not allow me definitely more to meet the presidential office. During all these years, I gave every effort to ensure rugby league moves forward, turns his back to bad practices and bad attitudes embodied by some. I really took it upon myself and I always tried to move mountains. All this eventually runs out. I wanted to be honest with clubs and with myself. Federal structures that we have yet much stronger over the past eight years I would not have ensured the presidential office for four more years as I would have liked: defining policy options, setting the major objectives, defending the general interest, representing the federation and arbitrating when it should have been. The daily in a federation such as ours requires an availability otherwise, maximum, and I was definitely impossible to do more. I just could more. Finally, the disappearance of Herve Guiraud has caused immense pain and left a void impossible to fill. More than an exceptional secretary general, he was a friend and I could not see myself without him. I had no strength. It was time to move on. I volunteer and I am entitled as such to my free choice. I owe nothing to anyone and I simply ask that you respect my decision as such. So please some are silent rather than make comments certainly moved.

Especially that you are targeting?

They will recognize easily as they indulge in such behavior for decades and they have still not understood.

Will you appoint a successor?

Far from my mind. The clubs will elect the new executive committee which will propose the new president. The choices they make will be good since it will be the majority. This is democracy. But of course I have my idea and I know some have all the qualities to ensure continuity and continue the adventure. I hope of course that projects will compete and that new faces will appear. Today we have good leaders, young people who have got the message that I tried to pass all these years.

It is for them to take over. I also hope that other members of the outgoing Steering Committee continue the adventure as many have qualities and have done a tremendous job. I simply wish for our sport that does not return to the past and that our clubs do not make certain choices that they could soon regret. There can be no future for revenge, the bitter or sufficient. The rugby league is not looking or waiting for a savior. He just needs leaders who are projected into the future, building projects, defend the general interest, are credible and respect the values ​​of respect, sincerity, solidarity and dialogue. Our strength is and will be collective. Nothing else should count. Elections will be held in October 2012. I will make sure of course that they take place under conditions of full transparency.

Will you support a candidate?

I do not rule if necessary.

We perceive in you a little bitter ...

Not any of that. I have already said, I leave the soul at peace with that feeling of having given everything, have done our best. I met during these last 12 years of extraordinary people, volunteers who gave me the urge to fight for the sport. A humble, passionate, emotional, friendly. I of course spent many happy emotions. Disappointments as well. All this because I loved those years. I only keep the best. Leading a federation is an extraordinary human adventure. I wish the future president or future president to feel what I feel before I retire.

Is there any chance to see you again one day in the world treiziste?

Now I need to step back. To concentrate on my work. Spending time with my family. To live differently. Of course if I can help the newly elected, and if they wish, I will gladly do. The relationships I've had the chance to build with the media, with our partners, with some makers, I would be happy to serve the future of the steering committee if its members deem it necessary. You know, when I came to office, I had to fight so hard to meet those who were television and print media; to find partners to convince politicians of the credibility of our action. I found myself all alone at some point to address these challenges. I still remember that when I presented myself to the Sports Ministry in September 2004 to discuss the financial situation of the federation, there was talk of suspending our annual grant. So if I can help I will do it naturally. This will certainly save time. But I will do otherwise, quietly, just to lend a hand.

Some talk with your departure, the end of an era, and of course the day of reckoning is going to sound, how you sum up those years of presidency?

I am not going to do my own record. Others will do that, which is a normal stage. There will of course those who criticize and who want to see that the negative and those who will not. This is the game and I accept it gladly. The important you know what is going on knowing we did everything and regretting nothing. What's done is done. I always accepted that we criticize my action as I have always been happy that we can enjoy it. This does not have any problem because no one is perfect. Having all the messages of thanks that I get myself since Saturday suggests that our federation has evolved quite well.

But to answer your question I have in mind some objective facts which mark the last eight years.

Administratively first, with a decentralization of our head and opening offices in Toulouse, the hiring of new permanent; redesigning our licensing system and hopefully improve our disciplinary bodies with the advent of legal professionals.

Financially then, with an upgrade of our federal accounts and with the arrival of new partners. For eight years, I am pleased that the Federation is able to benefit by my action of all these new recipes in sponsorship amounting to several hundred thousand euros. This allowed us to bridge the financial losses and launching real projects.

Compared to our supervisory authority with which I also annually negotiated these agreements on objectives that have always led to satisfactory decisions for rugby league, as the sign of the confidence we have always shown our department as the reward of our credibility. The arrival of our international meetings of our successive ministers, Rama Yade and Bernard Laporte, which is always a sign of true recognition. Also maintained good relations with President CNOSF, MASSEGLIA Denis, who always answered.

At the development level of discipline even with an increase in the number of significant practitioners (26,000 in 2007, more than 42,000 in 2012) and an increase in our licensed competitions (6700 in 2007 more than 12,000 in 2012), also with the hiring of new staff development we have made permanent positions; with the challenge of Petit XIII launched in 2006 to the attention of primary schools and now meet an extraordinary success. And then there were all these clubs that have emerged and which have strengthened the regionalization of our amateur competitions even if everything is not perfect yet, far from it.

Internationally also with the excellent relations that I had with Richard Lewis and Colin LOVE that they too have turned the page, these friendly relations that have allowed France to regain some credibility confirmed by the place now at the Board of International Federation or the financial support we have received from international bodies for several seasons, these relationships have also to realize this integration project of a French club in Super League with the joys we know.

At the event-also with a restructuring of our services dedicated to organizing major sporting events with such success that we know with full stadiums, an obvious public enthusiasm. I will remember that France / Ireland during the European Cup of Nations in Avignon and the crowd never stopped to gather outside the stadium. A great, great moment of emotion for me.

Regarding our teams of France where I always wanted to work so they can all have an annual international calendar; that each selection could have the honor of wearing the national jersey, amateurs, through our youth Our women, our rugby league chair.

For our XIII of France also has major nations replayed continuously for 8 years, who participated in the Four Nations in 2009 and continued to grow with a new generation of players. A day will come when these efforts will be rewarded and it was essential that France does not answer the front runners.

Not to mention the media, with over 8 years for these dozens and dozens of broadcasts that have occurred on + Sport, Orange Sport, Direct 8 France 3 South, today and tomorrow BeInSport Team TV on DTT , not to mention also that this support the federation has made the first three years the Catalans Dragons to take on financially audiovisual production and thus allow the broadcast of all games played in Perpignan. Not to mention the redesign of our website, these communication tools that we build around our major events and then these relationships we have tried to consolidate with the press. I still remember this great coverage by the newspaper L'Equipe at the 2009 Four Nations, as evidence that we could do this when we were able to organize major events.

That's what comes to mind in this moment we are talking about the past.

Disappointments, failures, too?

Yes, of course, there was. The failure of the 2008 World Cup during which we did not anticipate the negative effects of professionalism emerging in a number of important players. The wound never healed. This defeat in the final of the European Cup of Nations in 2010 that eliminates XIII of France's 2011 Four Nations. The difficulty also depending on the posters to mobilize around certain cup finals or championship. This inability, sometimes, to mobilize the clubs around these important events.

These problems with some leaders who have attitudes of another age.

My lack of availability when I wanted to be closer to the clubs.

This inability of a year to another to keep some of our licensees. We lose too much each year even if we earn more we lose. I remain convinced that we have the capacity to double our number of licensed competitions. 25 000 graduates in 2022 is a goal that must be achieved. We were as I recall, in 6700, 2007, we are 12,000 today. And if some say that our pool of youth is not enough, what is obvious, the fact remains that we now have the means to expand the population of players who represent the future. And this has not prevented our team from France under 16 to beat four times in the last three years his English counterpart.

This half done at our leagues and our committees. I tried to restructure our decentralized bodies, to ensure they are involved in federal politics, they act on the ground. There have been successes, leagues or committees that have demonstrated their vitality. Others, too numerous, who languish for lack of leaders or because those in power should step down. But that will come quickly. I see young leaders get steeped in qualities. Inheritance will come naturally. I am convinced.

And then I would have liked to do much in the media. But this is a very difficult world where access must demonstrate that it weighs on the popular level, at national level for citizenship. But here too I'm sure things will change.

The failure of Toulouse in the Super League. Another disappointment because it was an important step in our progression. TOULOUSE but will get there. The renovation of the Stadium of Minims is on track. I am confident.

Tensions that have finally been able sometimes occur with Dragons Catalans but was inevitable. I had to primarily defend the general interest of all clubs that the special interest of one, be he the most representative of all. But the dialogue has always existed even if it has not always been easy and relations have always been free. That's what matters to me.

And all these projects that will lead you do not run, will they see the day?

Why would they do not? As I said before, our strength is primarily collective. These are our plans, our seriousness, our credibility will allow us to keep moving. Of course, the personality of the president is important, but there is not it, and happily! It's not because I do not represent me that we must stop. Do nothing in recent months have been a mistake that I will not forgive me that I always wanted to act, seek solutions, try things. I said, for several months, we work to create a national center of rugby league with the support of a municipality that wants to accompany us. I intend to use the months leading up to federal elections continue to move this agenda forward without making a firm commitment as required. There is also the U20 team for inclusion in the Super League that we are working also. Make it a federal priority and assume management for its membership in all clubs. There is also the Super 13 in 2014 for our elite. We are working with Luc Dayan and I intend to work extra hard to leave a nice parting gift to all our clubs. Things are moving fast, perhaps faster than expected and I hope we can make this happen very quickly. We set out with Luc Dayan in September 2012 as the deadline to see if we could do or not do. I will devote myself tirelessly, and it is not because at the next November I will not be President I need to stop all pending. Contrary to what may have wanted to believe that a former DTN always like to be unpleasant, there is no resignation from me. And then there's the choice of future coach. We continue to think about the options available to us. A comprehensive project for our high level that we must continue to build. In the meantime, I am grateful to Aurelien Cologni to have ensured that interim and I hope he will agree to continue this mission until the next European tournament in October and November 2012 during which the country will face France Wales and England.

Well, life goes on and rugby league certainly has a bright future ahead of him. Anyway, I have tried everything for it. Then again, if I can no longer serve as president, I still love my sport and passion I always answer this to help, if I can and if I'm asked, but otherwise.

Chairman, finally, what are your strongest memories of the past eight years?

It is impossible to summarize. Let me just say that I have met extraordinary people. Humble people, willing to fight and serve in the first shot. People loyal, sincere, with whom I shared moments of friendship in the greatest simplicity. I loved these moments of gathering where hovered this feeling of shared happiness, when everyone laughed, loved life. I loved those fleeting moments I shared with my friend Herve Guiraud, with those looks that are traded both telling us that the family was happy treiziste. We were happy too. As our reward.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
WHAT ARE THE THREE MOST POSITIVE ACTIONS OF YOUR PAST TEN YEARS TO CHAIR ?

1, all that is financial and administrative, with the hiring of staff, restructuring of services and facilities. When I came to the presidency, the ministerial grant was pending. Since, thanks to the trust of the same Ministry of Sports, the recovery of accounts was made.
2, the quality of external relations, with the President of the International Federation Richard Lewis, who granted us significant financial support through of our development.
3, significant and steady growth in the number of licensees, thanks in part to the operation Petit Thirteen. According to the Ministry, we are one of the rare Federations of our size to continue to grow.

TOP THREE AND REGRETS?

Leagues and Committees have not sufficiently leveled hoped, recorded failure of the 2008 World Cup, the non-inclusion of Toulouse in Super League, while it is true that all conditions were not then met, in particular as regards the capacity of the stage. I would add a fourth, touching the very low interest continues to bring us the national press, while conversely advances have taken place at TV media.

By recruiting MONIE AS COACH JOHN XIII OF FRANCE, DO NOT HAVE IS THERE ERROR ON PERSON?

We came out of a more or less amateur, and we had to find someone who can manage players. He had the merit of forcing us to professionalism, players like team management. But it is true that he was aging at the game played.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
ANOTHER PROJECT WOULD LOVE TO YOU, THAT THE CENTRE NATIONAL Rugby League ...

This is a recent project, initiated with the city of Avignon, which is the main defender Alain Bompard (note: former President of the football club AS Saint-Etienne ). Facilities do exist, they are simply to renovate. We are still at the discussion stage, but we have the agreement of local authorities. Let's say that this can be done. Consolidate all activities on one site would generate savings in terms of hospitality for teams from France, among others.

Sounds good to me.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
PROJECT ORGANIZE THE MATCH FRANCE - WALES TO LENS, END OF OCTOBER 2012, IS ON TRACK?

We should know the answer by the end of the week. The project is designed by Luc Dayan, that Crédit Agricole Nord, majority shareholder of RC Lens and the daily La Voix du Nord, recently installed as president of the football club. It has 25 000 subscribers, leaving hope for a nice crowd at the stadium Bollaert, if any. In any case, I believe in signs. Three months after having lunch in Paris with Luc Dayan, to jointly explore new avenues, like the Super XIII (note: a franchise system for clubs to Elite) , the latter became president of RC Lens ...

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
A FINAL WORD PRESIDENT?

If being President of the FFR XIII is a priesthood, the function I have unforgettable memories, apart from having had the chance to work alongside the value of a man like Hervé. As a Small Challenge XIII in Perpignan, the game of Four Nations in England, where we were leading the score at halftime, the finals of the Coupe de France 2009 in Carcassonne, Limoux and Lezignan between the first match France - Ireland Parc des Sports d'Avignon, with the crowd who kept rushing the counter. We were overwhelmed. I would also say that I would not like some of my predecessors. If I am invited to my successor, I impliquerais occasionally on some issues. We have beautiful hours before us, and I hope that Toulouse will soon be admitted into Super League. This is indeed the very future of the Dragons, currently too lonely. And the ideal would be to have ultimately three or four French teams in this competition.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Am i right in saying that he wants a super league club for Avignon?

What I read into it was they (FFR13) have looked at having a home base like R Union does with Twickers in England and the stadium there is capable of being expanded if need be.

Not 100% sure though.

Latest posts