What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown - charged sexual touching

eels_fan

First Grade
Nah, he will just go and play for another club (probably Roosters).
If he is guilty, cop the suspension the NRL hands down and get him sone f**ken education on how to behave himself.
He has screwed up and f**ked over this club, these fans and these teammates. Why does another club get to benefit from that when we should have the chance to.
Because in the modern world we live in, image is everything. And IF he pleads guilty to 5 charges, I imagine he’ll cop a significant suspension by the NRL, and may even be deregistered for a period of time.
From a community and culture perspective, a guilty plea ends his association with the club IMO.

if it was a single event/charge - you can put that down to an error in judgement, but five occasions isn’t something that can be overlooked.

I hope by some bizarre circumstance this is all an error, but by the same token Dylan may have played his final game for us - and that’s incredibly sad.

eels_fan

First Grade
I’ve been on Twitter most of the day, and the only comments claiming to support Dylan are from fans wishing the situation away by throwing the trivial defence of “she’s a roosters fan trying to bring the eels season undone” which I find insulting and baseless

he is not accused of sexually touching everyone in the pub, so some chick saying “I saw him and he was really nice to me” doesn’t mean he didn’t do it to someone else

T.S Quint

Coach
Because in the modern world we live in, image is everything. And IF he pleads guilty to 5 charges, I imagine he’ll cop a significant suspension by the NRL, and may even be deregistered for a period of time.
From a community and culture perspective, a guilty plea ends his association with the club IMO.

if it was a single event/charge - you can put that down to an error in judgement, but five occasions isn’t something that can be overlooked.

I hope by some bizarre circumstance this is all an error, but by the same token Dylan may have played his final game for us - and that’s incredibly sad.

Fine, but by that standard he shouldn’t be allowed to play for any NRL club. If that’s the case then so be it.

But if we rip up his contract, he then serves a suspension (say, six months or something) and then goes on to sign with the Roosters or Bulldogs then what’s the point?

hindy111

Post Whore
Parra should do two things
Stand him down for the next two weeks. If we lost both games the seasons a write of anyhows. So standing him down for the rest of the season isn't a bit deal.

None of us even know what happened. I'd imagine if he wasn't a sports star he is kicked out of the joint and at worse banned from the venue. Being well known meant to security guard called the police.

Bandwagon

Staff member

It does appear though that it is a single event, multiple charges notwithstanding. It's not like it's unusual these days for multiple charges to be laid in this manner and each individual charge could well be for each alleged touch over a short period of time, like say during the course of one song on the dancefloor. For mine that would or could constitute a single error of judgement.

I think without a fair bit of detail it's quite difficult to ascertain the seriousness of the charges , and / or what each charge actually alleges to have happened.

84 Baby

Referee
Why are people assuming he’s going to jail? 5 counts deserves lashes but indecent assault regularly doesn’t receive jail time.
Plus has it been released what he is actually accused of? Sexual touch covers a lot

T.S Quint

Coach
Why are people assuming he’s going to jail? 5 counts deserves lashes but indecent assault regularly doesn’t receive jail time.
Plus has it been released what he is actually accused of? Sexual touch covers a lot

I’m not assuming he’s going to gaol at all. In fact I don’t for a second think he will. It’s just worth mentioning the maximum punishment for interest sake because the NRL seems to take that into account when judging whether to stand players down.

If Hayne only gets five years for what he did I don’t think there’s any chance Dylan sees the inside of a prison cell.

84 Baby

Referee
Australian public figures need to learn a lot from heap of US ones (yes a lot them still f**k up) and have the big f**k-off bodyguard who keeps them safe but mostly from themselves. f**ken Drake carries around packets of hot sauce FFS.
I suspect Drown also needs to reconsider his friends seeing how the team planned to keep low profile over weekend

Cloeel

Juniors
Tbh, this is a good thing. Hope it slaps him in the face to realise how good he has it and it can go away just like that

Not a good thing at all, especially if this progresses past Wednesday.

Commercially this will be terrible, all sorts of pressure from sponsors and fans. In todays society these circumstances are completely intolerable and Men are crucified before they get to defend themselves.

Public opinion ends many careers before they even get to begin unfortunately.

Bandwagon

Staff member

I'm assuming if found guilty he'll get good behavior / community service / fine, not a chance he'll be jailed for what I've seen so far.

In my youth the worst this would have entailed is a smack in the head from the boyfriend / bouncer.