What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita unwell

I have ZERO confidence in anything to do with the NRL’s treatment of the Sharks…
sadly, I have to agree. Hoping that in future, the obvious superior financial viability of the Sharks is enough to overcome the inherent Bias from the stain / manly / bonco/strom ,influence on the nrl ........ Sorry but as an edit I suppose I could add easts ,souffs , newkarsoles ,and whatever other financially viable teams the NRL and nein see as the MOST financially viable ,in the immediate future. I would think Titans and cowgirls and warriors would be in long term plans. Sharks really need to aggressively push their superior Financial position and support . Looks like they are and If that is "freds Dogs " doings Im 100% behind it . Just hope he stays out of team selections and training .

Last edited:

fizman

Bench
You cannot have a fractured larynx caused by an innocuous forearm.

I appreciate there was no intent, they MUST find the cause and charge them appropriately.

Honestly, I will just about give it away if no one is charged.

Chimp

Juniors
Thoughts are with the big man - awful injury to have and not nice to see the photos of him clearly panicking and distressed.
Thankfully our medics took the right actions, and he’s in the best place now for treatment, so fingers crossed for a return to full health.
From a footy side of things, it’s too early to be suggesting what the club or Fifita should do (though as a professional club, I’m sure preparations for all outcomes are already underway), but I certainly wouldn’t write him off just yet, we all know he’s a big stubborn unit, so if he wants to play on, I’m sure he’ll find a way! If he can’t, or doesn’t want to play on, then hopefully the club can get the necessary clearance from a salary cap perspective.
But right now, I just hope the big beautiful bugger can return to full health for a normal life post-footy. Will ALWAYS be a legend of the Sharks.

Bob Scott

Juniors
I hope both Andrew and Wade have a good long think about the repercussions of returning to the field . With either , another elbow to the throat or bad head knock could cause major repercussions for their ongoing health and well being .
Neither have anything to prove to us Sharks fans or RL in general , premiership winners , SOO and Aus reps , they have both attained plenty , time for them to look to their families and health .
Club Legends .

Chimp

Juniors
I hope both Andrew and Wade have a good long think about the repercussions of returning to the field . With either , another elbow to the throat or bad head knock could cause major repercussions for their ongoing health and well being .
Neither have anything to prove to us Sharks fans or RL in general , premiership winners , SOO and Aus reps , they have both attained plenty , time for them to look to their families and health .
Club Legends .
I absolutely agree with those sentiments, but….. What if they just loving playing and want to continue?
Im someone who’s played the game since I was 4, I’m now nearly 40. I’ve had 2 ACL reco’s, countless broken bones (both thumbs, wrists, cheek, jaw etc etc), I get very little sleep because my neck, shoulders, back, hips and ankles hurt, my fingers and thumbs have very little flexibility, particularly in the cold, and I’ve retired from playing 3 times, always coming back until I’ve had another serious injury. I’ve been retired again for 2 years, but went back training again last week and well and truly have the urge for another come back - nothing in life can replace the feeling of training and playing with the lads, the whole game experience of going into battle, I even miss the post-game aches and pains (I’m in pain a lot anyway, so figure I might aswell at least get the enjoyment of a game if I’m gonna hurt)…. I get the feeling both Feefs and Wade love the game in a similar way, giving it away is the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my life, it’s an addiction like no other.

Bob Scott

Juniors
I get it , my body feels your pain , had a major knee reconstruction myself just over 30 years ago , got back playing but haven't played for 25 years now and i miss it every day , i'm 60 now , arthritis thru my body , knees are buggered , lumberized disc , both shoulders need reconstructing , that's the result of 40 years of being bashed around by thorobreds , the last 20 tree and hedge trimming . Fortunately i only work 10 hours a week mowing lawns now , but i've lost 12kgs in the last year from walking up a forestry hill close to home 4/5 times a week , and started using cannabis oil , i,m fitter and feel better than i have for 20 years , only a month ago i met a few old football adversaries at a funeral and i was saying how i was looking at playing seniors next season if i,m still feeling this good , my wife heard me and dragged me away by the ear and gave me a bollocking , i smiled the whole time just at the thought . So i know exactly where your coming from , but those 2 guys are dealing with issues far more serious than a reconstruction or arthritis , but i wouldn't blame either if they did play on , i would understand .
We're all just big boys at the end of the day .

Eion

First Grade
I absolutely agree with those sentiments, but….. What if they just loving playing and want to continue?
Im someone who’s played the game since I was 4, I’m now nearly 40. I’ve had 2 ACL reco’s, countless broken bones (both thumbs, wrists, cheek, jaw etc etc), I get very little sleep because my neck, shoulders, back, hips and ankles hurt, my fingers and thumbs have very little flexibility, particularly in the cold, and I’ve retired from playing 3 times, always coming back until I’ve had another serious injury. I’ve been retired again for 2 years, but went back training again last week and well and truly have the urge for another come back - nothing in life can replace the feeling of training and playing with the lads, the whole game experience of going into battle, I even miss the post-game aches and pains (I’m in pain a lot anyway, so figure I might aswell at least get the enjoyment of a game if I’m gonna hurt)…. I get the feeling both Feefs and Wade love the game in a similar way, giving it away is the hardest thing I’ve had to do in my life, it’s an addiction like no other.
I’m 45, never played league, and everything hurts anyway. Go for it mate.

Quigs

Immortal
We are starting to sound like pissed old diggers at 3pm on Anzac Day.

I've had both knees done, even dislocated both kneecaps in ONE SEASON, collar bone, ear drum, head cuts, and more shit I have forgotten about. And don't talk to moi about concussions.

I too know the feeling of having to get the game out of your system. " It's in ya and it's got to come out".

In 83 I was a passenger in a car accident and fractured my neck in two spots. (took a lot to get over it all.... I used to do a lot of neck strengthening exercise with footy and that helped to save me - plus 156 trips to the physio)

Back on story... yeah I had to get it out of my system (again) and in 1990 at the ripe old age of 36 I had another season.
Playing for The Park, we only had Reserve Grade then. I loved it. The commando roll out of bed every monday morning - stagger to my feet. It was a joy.

But come the end of the season I knew I had had enough.

The ten minutes in the Sin Bin was a godsend.

Nowdays I sit on the hill at the local footy and just bore everyone around me with "The back in our day" stories.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Thats a neuropathic pain inhibitor. Also treats bulimia and depression.

Gotta love google. Hope you're ok though lol.
Yeah all good , as i said better than i have for a long time , the weight loss and getting fitter has been the big one , I'm just on 6'4" and used to walk around 98kg's , got up to 103kg at one stage , but down around 86/87 now and i wish i had lost it a lot earlier , i would tell anybody to lose some weight if they want to feel better , physically and mentally . It's also means i don't have to take the pain relief that i used to , cannabis oil has also helped .
The Amitriptyline is great if i really need a good nights sleep , i can sleep like a log for 9/10 hours , when the doc suggested them i was like EH! but he said the people who use them for depression can take up to 20 a day , i take 1/2 when i do use them , they even get your brain to tell your body you don't have to go to the toilet in the middle of the night , haha . All sort of bonus'.

Bob Scott

Juniors
We are starting to sound like pissed old diggers at 3pm on Anzac Day.

I've had both knees done, even dislocated both kneecaps in ONE SEASON, collar bone, ear drum, head cuts, and more shit I have forgotten about. And don't talk to moi about concussions.

I too know the feeling of having to get the game out of your system. " It's in ya and it's got to come out".

In 83 I was a passenger in a car accident and fractured my neck in two spots. (took a lot to get over it all.... I used to do a lot of neck strengthening exercise with footy and that helped to save me - plus 156 trips to the physio)

Back on story... yeah I had to get it out of my system (again) and in 1990 at the ripe old age of 36 I had another season.
Playing for The Park, we only had Reserve Grade then. I loved it. The commando roll out of bed every monday morning - stagger to my feet. It was a joy.

But come the end of the season I knew I had had enough.

The ten minutes in the Sin Bin was a godsend.

Nowdays I sit on the hill at the local footy and just bore everyone around me with "The back in our day" stories.
We need to start a separate thread for wishful thinking old bludgers , I think it's great to even think , mmmm maybe i could , keeps us young .

Stake Removed

First Grade
Can't get any more relaxed than in a coma 🤣
That's why doing it so he doesn't panic or stress, any pain meds he is on work better when you don't fight them or stress.
He would know he is going to have surgery his blood pressure would be through the roof, luckily though he is allowed visitors so that will help him.
But his stress would be huge, he is probably worried more about his family then himself