What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita unwell

Stake Removed

First Grade
Paid out and not counted for future years. Not sure if it’s a cut of date when next years money starts to be paid or if it’s before rd1. So if it is the case should be made within the next 2-3 months. Might be wrong but that’s how I understand it.
For us to use his cap money for next year would have to be medically retired by 31st October, NRL year starts 1st November

I just want an answer from the NRL.

When taking up a hit up are you allowed to extend your arm out and smash the opposition tackler with your fore arm or elbow? Simple question.

And if the answer is no why hasn’t a certain ugly and overrated forward been given a charge after the MRC have seen the footage and the image that was presented in the paper???

Stake Removed

First Grade

When taking up a hit up are you allowed to extend your arm out and smash the opposition tackler with your fore arm or elbow? Simple question.

And if the answer is no why hasn’t a certain ugly and overrated forward been given a charge after the MRC have seen the footage and the image that was presented in the paper???
You know the answer, depends.
On player.
Club.
What day of the week

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Ha...almost.
BB
JM
PG
LL
ME
AF

Very close behind..
WG
MP

Then pretty much everybody else.

Then
CT
GB
Yeah I’d pretty much agree with all that… had a mental blank about GB though. Very forgettable tbh. Can’t believe he’s still going around with the goons 5 years later.

Tiger Shark

Bench
For us to use his cap money for next year would have to be medically retired by 31st October, NRL year starts 1st November

I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. Look at Johnson for instance he's forgone a month of salary.

We'll no doubt pay him from Nov 1 but they'll be options to pro rata his salary or maybe even have it added to our cap and back dated potentially.

Here's a quote from Souths on the 6th of December 2019 when Burgess medically retired.

"The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome the determination from the NRL today that the remainder of Sam Burgess’ contract will be exempt from the Club’s salary cap for 2020 and beyond under PCR Rule 86 (Medical Termination),"

So in this instance only one months of his wages would have gone on their cap.

Additionally "The NRL found Burgess's career-ending injury was not pre-existing and had occurred during the course of his current contract which was due to end in 2023, meaning the club was permitted to be granted salary cap relief. "

Anyway it's probably a little soon to be discussing this.

My answer and example goes a long way back. In mid 1993, when we were playing the Broncos at Lang Park, our winger Craig Dimond was sent off for using a forearm to fend off an opposition player.

Chimp

Juniors
We need to start a separate thread for wishful thinking old bludgers , I think it's great to even think , mmmm maybe i could , keeps us young .
I think it’s inevitable I’ll keep going back until I physically can’t - It causes great stress with the Mrs though, the time away from the family, the being no use to anyone for 2 days after the game as I can’t move, the pressure it puts on her when I’ve had to have an Op and she’s 2 little ones to look after on her own…. But the selfish prick in me just can’t live without it - I think it’s an ego thing more than anything, I need that one-up-manship physical contest, and I also need the release from my normal life and work persona, time to just be an horrible bastard all in the name of sport.
On the CBD oil, I’ve been very tempted to give it a try, but had mixed reviews. Some people swear by it, get great nights sleep and don’t have their aches, had others who’ve said it does nothing. I like the idea of it, but having never touched an illegal drug in my life, am very reticent. How you finding it? Presumably good?

Oh, and more importantly, great to hear Feefs will be making a full recovery! Be interesting to see what happens next with regards playing future.

I think it’s inevitable I’ll keep going back until I physically can’t - It causes great stress with the Mrs though, the time away from the family, the being no use to anyone for 2 days after the game as I can’t move, the pressure it puts on her when I’ve had to have an Op and she’s 2 little ones to look after on her own…. But the selfish prick in me just can’t live without it - I think it’s an ego thing more than anything, I need that one-up-manship physical contest, and I also need the release from my normal life and work persona, time to just be an horrible bastard all in the name of sport.
On the CBD oil, I’ve been very tempted to give it a try, but had mixed reviews. Some people swear by it, get great nights sleep and don’t have their aches, had others who’ve said it does nothing. I like the idea of it, but having never touched an illegal drug in my life, am very reticent. How you finding it? Presumably good?

Oh, and more importantly, great to hear Feefs will be making a full recovery! Be interesting to see what happens next with regards playing future.
THC is the drug in Marijuana . Medical CBD oil contains none. You could drink a bottle of it and get roadside drug tested and come up clean ,cause its just not the same stuff as the dirty smelly hippies are smoking. I beleive it works ,but I started taking Curcumin at same time and SOMETHING sure worked . Ill have to cut one out soon though , too expensive to use both.

Bob Scott

Juniors
Haha , the way you go on about the ego side of needing to play you could be my twin , the great Bruce Springsteen song Glory Days always sits in my mind when talking about my sporting days , but i'm sure most guys are like that . I was lucky i had my racehorses that i pottered around with that kept my juices going .
Anyway as far as the oil , the one i use are CBD drops with 3/4% THC , whilst not legal things around these products are a little bit more relaxed than they used to be . The drops i use are good for pain relief , anti inflammatory , insomnia , anxiety and high blood pressure . Whilst i have had good results every body's different and as i said i put just as much if not more on the weight loss and improved fitness being a main contributor of my improved well being . People look at these things differently now so i'm sure no one is going to look upon some one using them as a criminal .
Find something that works for you , but i will say do it sooner than later because if it makes a difference you will be glad you have , doing nothing gets you nothing but what you have , but before anything you have to do what keeps you happy so go strong on the footy mate , i wish i could , you never get this time back , cheers .

DJDL

Bench

Ask Jesse Bromwich and Nelson Asofa-Solomona.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I don't think it's as cut and dry as that. Look at Johnson for instance he's forgone a month of salary.

We'll no doubt pay him from Nov 1 but they'll be options to pro rata his salary or maybe even have it added to our cap and back dated potentially.

Here's a quote from Souths on the 6th of December 2019 when Burgess medically retired.

"The South Sydney Rabbitohs welcome the determination from the NRL today that the remainder of Sam Burgess’ contract will be exempt from the Club’s salary cap for 2020 and beyond under PCR Rule 86 (Medical Termination),"

So in this instance only one months of his wages would have gone on their cap.

Additionally "The NRL found Burgess's career-ending injury was not pre-existing and had occurred during the course of his current contract which was due to end in 2023, meaning the club was permitted to be granted salary cap relief. "

Anyway it's probably a little soon to be discussing this.
Tiger - Johnson is not retiring different circumstances.
Roosters - Cordner no cap relief this year but get it for next.
But being the NRL who knows what the rule is today, as they change them each day