What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fiji

Stewbum

Juniors
Spent some time in Sigatoka recently. Saw a kid in an Easts Tigers shirt, and another in a Redcliffe Dolphins jersey. Most villages had footy fields but the grass was uncut. Quite a number of NRL jerseys on show in the hellish humidity too.

Is the plan for the NSWRL side to play out of Suva or Nadi? It's a pity the QRL didn't run with this.

CQ Italia

Juniors
Spent some time in Sigatoka recently. Saw a kid in an Easts Tigers shirt, and another in a Redcliffe Dolphins jersey. Most villages had footy fields but the grass was uncut. Quite a number of NRL jerseys on show in the hellish humidity too.

Is the plan for the NSWRL side to play out of Suva or Nadi? It's a pity the QRL didn't run with this.
Here he is:
And the Fiji NSW Bid team will likely play out of Suva (national stadium), train out of Sigatoka

Stewbum

Juniors
Surely you don't holiday in Fiji when you live in a resort town like Redcliffe ?
I am not among the lucky few who live on the peninsula....

Being a salt of the earth type, I reside a little to the south of Brisbane.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Have thought for a while that if the ARL are fixed on rebranding the state cups as two conferences of the same comp they should have PNG and Fiji in the Northern comp and then whatever NZ teams come to fruition in the southern comp

Stewbum

Juniors
Have thought for a while that if the ARL are fixed on rebranding the state cups as two conferences of the same comp they should have PNG and Fiji in the Northern comp and then whatever NZ teams come to fruition in the southern comp
Yes, but that would assume a level of common sense and competence as yet unseen in the fine administrators of our game.

expansionist

Juniors
I may have missed this, but has the Fiji bid actually been officially 100% accepted?

I was kind of hoping that the Fiji bid would run out of patience with the NSWRL (which they should have a long time ago) and applied to the QRL.

I may be overly optimistic but of the 2 organisations, both of which move at the speed of a glacier - i suspect the QRL may be a slightly more sprightly Glacier than the NSWRL

Latest posts