What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final 4 - Preferred Grand Final pairing?

Which of the four Grand Final combinations do you want to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moffla

Bench
Would much prefer to play Sharks than Cowboys again. We've beaten the cows 3 times this year so we are due for a loss against them.

davi

Juniors
You must have been watching the 2015 Comp this year
Sharks pumped Penrith raiders dragons Newcastle
Beat every team in the comp apart from Souths
They averaged at least 24 points per game

I said TOP teams Dragons, Newcastle, or Souths are not the top teams in the comp.

Sharks 14 - 6 Storm

Sharks 25 - 20 Titans

Sharks 20 -18 Panthers

Sharks 30 - 28 Broncos

Sharks 20 -18 Bulldogs

Sharks 13 - 10 Cowboys

I rest my case.

carcharias

Immortal
I said TOP teams Dragons, Newcastle, or Souths are not the top teams in the comp.

Sharks 14 - 6 Storm

Sharks 25 - 20 Titans

Sharks 20 -18 Panthers

Sharks 30 - 28 Broncos

Sharks 20 -18 Bulldogs

Sharks 13 - 10 Cowboys

I rest my case.

Grind ??
Is a 12 -10 score line
You've highlighted a bunch of close games with plenty of points scored.

You seem to have missed a couple
Round 7
Sharks 40 - 16 raiders
Sharks 34- 24 eels ( they were a top team had they not lost points)
Sharks 26- 10 panthers

myrrh ken

First Grade
A bit OT but how good is this finals system now that we have the top 4 on the ladder duking it out.

Still prefer the McIntyre 5 system, but you can't argue with what we've ended up with here.

Back on topic, Sharks v anyone

davi

Juniors
Grind ??
Is a 12 -10 score line
You've highlighted a bunch of close games with plenty of points scored.

You seem to have missed a couple
Round 7
Sharks 40 - 16 raiders
Sharks 34- 24 eels ( they were a top team had they not lost points)
Sharks 26- 10 panthers

I have selected twice the amount of games that you have chosen, therefore my argument is wrong? Seriously I was also talking in general terms, selecting three games out of 16 and suggesting that proves my argument is inferior is grasping at straws.

carcharias

Immortal
I have selected twice the amount of games that you have chosen, therefore my argument is wrong? Seriously I was also talking in general terms, selecting three games out of 16 and suggesting that proves my argument is inferior is grasping at straws.
Yeah and only one was a game you could call a "grind"
That was against surprise surprise - the storm.
you reckon because they didn't flog a top team they were not likely to win .
But you conviniently didn't quote the games against raiders and Penrith

They flog a few
And to use your theory - you even mentioned storm as a team who flogs other top teams ??
They hardly flog anyone
They score about 20 per game
How about cows v Broncos the last few years?
There's been 2 points in it almost every time .
Would you call those games a grind ?

Sharks last year yeah
This year - no way.
Val Holmes is on equal most trys for a sharks player in a season.

Cowboy_4_Life

Juniors
Cowboys vs Raiders - Taumalolo vs Paulo

(plus Cows would be able to wear their blue home jersey - against the Storm, I fear they would be forced to wear the hideous grey away kit)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sharks V Raiders

Just no to Qld Storm.

Do not mind to the cowboys but they won last year.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
raiders v cows
followed by
raiders v sharks

basically anyone but Melbourne..

If they do happen to make it hopefully they have to forfeit giving it to the sharks or cows.... Light case of Ebola should take care of them.... Perhaps a mentally compromised pilot.... too much? ill show myself out..

papabear

Juniors
I would thoroughly enjoy the raiders verse either team.

For ease of victory I would prefer the sharks. to gain vengeance upon Ennis I would prefer the sharks. To make sure the sharks streak of failures continue I would prefer the cows.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
us v storm

would be a harder GF but having a GF with the 2 furtherest teams (besides the warriors) away from sydney being in it would be nice. Only problem is the fumbleballers will be unbearable if the swans and GWS win this weekend and means there is a non sydney nrl final and and all sydney afl final.

Last Week

Bench
us v storm

would be a harder GF but having a GF with the 2 furtherest teams (besides the warriors) away from sydney being in it would be nice. Only problem is the fumbleballers will be unbearable if the swans and GWS win this weekend and means there is a non sydney nrl final and and all sydney afl final.

Pfft, if that scenario occurred, the AFL Grand Final would be Victorians vs Victorians. Nothing Sydney or NSW about it.