What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Final Wins

theo

Juniors
The fact that it's a paid job for a player should indicate the clearly different headspace between a fan and a player.

As fans we can turn off the tv or radio and not attend matches if it's too much both financial and emotional.

Sport is part of peoples lives and healthy as part of a balanced lifestyle.

I'm not disagreeing with your comment and can see how paying fans, right or wrong, get upset with their team, Saints fans booing their team after a 38-0 loss to Canterbury this year, if their paid players performances aren't as expected and their right to boo their opposition and referees, the league and the sport. And educated fans consider themselves to have more of a right.

Last edited:

TheVelourFog

First Grade
Haha, I'm not frustrated. None of the GFs were against my side.

Melbourne won their GFs on the day but they've since been expunged. Those days, in fact those years thanks very much Melbourne, do not exist basically. So it's 2 out of 6 for Bellyache.

They did in fact win those finals, but the title associated with them has been stripped.

So for the purposes of this thread they should be included.

I agree they need to have been punished, but having to essentially pretend these games never happened is not a satisfactoy outcome. The celebrations were had, and it isn't like Manly and Paramatta can claim those titles. What we get is pedants constantly popping up to remind us of the asterix.

Latest posts